First day on S&S after a week of exante BLOATED..... :-(

MissNJ

Heya,

I started my exante diet last Monday, but chose today to start my taster samples of S&S as I was having sunday dinner at my moms.. I didn't want to sit there with 10+ relatives explaining why I wasn't eating, so I thought I'd try the cottage pie with 200g veg (I had some white cabbage, broccoli and one floret of cauliflower)
Anyways.. After eating I felt VERY full up, almost sicky.. I know this is a kind of good thing, as it means my stomach has shrunk, but I don't know if I like the feeling of having food in my tummy?
Is it normal to feel this way after you've done shakes only for a while???
im planning on doing S&S for the rest of this week, then finish off my 3weeks of exante and go all onto S&S for the next 2 months.. BUT.. I'm not sure if I like the idea of foods in my tummy??
am I just being weird? Or in the long run will this feeling go away and I won't look so bloated and fat.. I swear I've gained 3" around my waist.. :-(
Any tips, help, comments would be much appreciated, as I need to make up my mind to stay on exante or switch to S&S once exantes run out??!!

Oh and I must say.. I LOVED the taste... Was super yummy!!! And with the veg, it was so much bigger a dinner than I thought it would be!

I should imagine after being on shakes only its normal hun. Bigger volume and the fibre of all that veg, no wonder your a bit delicate hun

I only have a few florets of cauliflower at a time - for instance if I do mac cheese I will add mashed three small bits of cauliflower and a couple broccoli.

space out the veg and slowly try each pack. Your body will adjust hunny

Xx

I should imagine after being on shakes only its normal hun. Bigger volume and the fibre of all that veg, no wonder your a bit delicate hun

I only have a few florets of cauliflower at a time - for instance if I do mac cheese I will add mashed three small bits of cauliflower and a couple broccoli.

space out the veg and slowly try each pack. Your body will adjust hunny

Xx

Thanks for replying.. :) I'm glad it's normal, hopefully if I continue it should settle down and feel normal?!

Should I not have the 200g all in one sitting with a meal then? I noticed cauliflower weighed loads more than broccoli and cabbage?! Do you weigh before cook or after? As I had to use cooked veggies! :-/

I am excited to try all the flavoured packs! So much more variety than exante! I won't do soups... I don't like soup!
Xxx

You can have it in one if you like, personally I would feel mega bloated!! I spread it out

I'm not sure hun. I always just weigh a load out raw then portion it up into little pots

Yes it will settle down hun Xx

RebekahR said:
You can have it in one if you like, personally I would feel mega bloated!! I spread it out

I'm not sure hun. I always just weigh a load out raw then portion it up into little pots

Yes it will settle down hun Xx

Ok, thank you! Think I will experiment with weights and amounts! Yeah 200g cooked is VERY bloating!

I think I will persevere too.. Least I'll know if I want to do just shakes afters!

I'm not weighing myself at all either, going by measurements! X

You don't have to eat all 200g every day either - the veg is completely optional - just have as much as you feel comfortable with.

I don't always have the veg option, depends on what packet I'm having, I'm quite happy on 4 packs a day without any food but sometimes have some veggies if I fancy a change and a bit of variety x

I would think frozen is heavier than cooked as it's quite solid when frozen

jasminescott242 said:
ooh this may sound silly but is cooked veg heavier or lighter than say frozen?as i have been weighing out 200grams frozen brocoli

Yeah 200g frozen would not be same once cooked.. Probably about 100 maybe 120g after cooked. Broccoli is quite a light one too, I got 4 florets cooked for same weight as 1 floret of cauliflower yesterday!! :D

I'm wondering how to weigh tonites veg, as all I have is frozen broccoli! We shall see!!

Xx

ooh cool then i can have more tonight.ye ha!

I just cooked 220g of broccoli and 100g of Brussels sprouts (FROZEN WEIGHTS!!)
and when cooked broccoli weighed 125g and Brussels about 85g
so I just ate all of it!!! Hehe
Xx

MissNJ said:
I just cooked 220g of broccoli and 100g of Brussels sprouts (FROZEN WEIGHTS!!)
and when cooked broccoli weighed 125g and Brussels about 85g
so I just ate all of it!!! Hehe
Xx

yeah!nom nom. i was able to add mushrooms to my spag bol there as i still had some allowance after weighing frozen brocoli earlier.happy days :) i never thought id be gettin excited over veg but i am lol

yeah!nom nom. i was able to add mushrooms to my spag bol there as i still had some allowance after weighing frozen brocoli earlier.happy days :) i never thought id be gettin excited over veg but i am lol

Oh awesome!! So glad you could add more vegs!! I (am) was a vegan for over 2 years, only came off it to do this diet.. I LOVE my veg so much!!! I could easily go without any other food but alas it's making me really ill :-( xx

Back