first day on SS+.. advice please?!

loveablemonkey

hey! I'm pretty run down and not feeling well, and have been struggling huge amounts with not eating so today - the first day of week 9 - i have taken the plunge and am beginning SS+.

Any hints and tips? I know its either 4 packs and milk, or 3 packs and a meal but I really really want milk and food so is it possible to have slightly less food and still the 200ml milk??

Also, did anyone notice a stall in weight loss, moving from SS to SS+ with the body getting used to that bit extra, or did it pretty much continue the same?

Much love! xx

Hmm. Just my opinion, but I'd say have some skimmed milk anyway - I'm guessing you want it for the odd cup of tea? - and don't even think about reducing food quantities.

There are 42 calories in 100ml skimmed milk which is, I'd say, around about enough for 3 - 4 cups of tea.

Oh, and the impact on losses moving from SS to SS+ is pretty negligible too. Maybe a quarter to half a pound a week, if that. Well worth the sacrifice if it helps you stick to the plan. :)

Try it - and see what happens. An additional 42 calories will have just about zero impact on losses, methinks.

Ok brill thank you for the advice! :D

I would say either just have the milk as Lily says or the milk and the extra pack . I did SS+ with both the food and the extra shake , and found the food just made me want more , where as the extra shake really really helped me , gave me more energy , stopped me feeling hungry etc .. and didnt slow down my losses at all :)

hmmm tempting, as I have gone a bit overboard and probably veered closer to 810 portion than SS+!!! I'll have to give it a couple more days and see if I can be more controlled, and if I can't - 4 shakes it is!!

Wouldn't be a disaster even if you do end up doing 810 though. Losses on 810 are still pretty good. I think there are a fair few people around doing 810 and losing nicely.

iv been on the diet for 4/5 weeks now (time has flown i cant remember) and im doing ss+. but this past week iv moved from doing 3 shakes and a meal a day to 4 shakes and milk in my coffee. i cant handle right now the prospect of food. i kept on binging and slowing my weight losses down - as u can see iv only lost 8lbs so far :( but this week its all changed. i know iv lost this week, and cant wait for my weigh in on thursday. im hoping for at least a 4lb loss this week . heres hoping

good luck

I have done SS+ since I started and always have skimmed milk in my coffee along with the extra meal. I don't think it's made any difference to my losses as ive lost 2 stone and my OH has lost 3 stone doing the same!

Hi felix, what do you have for a meal??
I am really confused about the ss+ and 810 difference.
I am not sure if I could be that controlled, it wouldn't even be meat, I would want a plate of veg!! Oh the things you wish for, tehe.

haha yeah controlling salad quantities seems a bit problematic! also I don't own kitchen scales so just divide the weight it says on the packet by x amount and then divide up the food accordingly so essentially I make an educated guess on the weights!! I underestimate rather than overestimate though. I am enjoying having food to look forward to and a nice morning coffee is too good to miss out on!

I think SS+ quantities are roughly half of 810 quantities (from what I can see by the weights) and also if you struggle with the whole 'tablespoon of salad/veg' thing, by CDC said for SS+ it's 1 oz of veg which is a lot easier to work out! (just under 30g)

thanks everyone I hope that I can wean myself onto food, its best to start developing my levels of self control around food, and I hope my losses are the same! heres hoping! xx

Back