First ever trip to Asda!

Dougal1983

Proud Mummy
I know that's hard to believe but I've never shopped in Asda before!!! Wherever I've lived I've been surrounded by Tesco's so always shopped there!!
Anyway I really want more of the DE roasted hazelnut coffee and its on offer at Asda so implanting to do a shop there tomorrow. I just wanted some tips on good buys from Asda, like Syn free food or anything that's particularly tasty.
Thanks x

Asdas fat free fromage frais is the best I've tried, only shop there sometimes but make sure you do the price check afterwards, I did a £50 online shop there last week and did the price.check, ended up with 7.38 off my next shop cos certain items were cheaper elsewhere (you even get a voucher if Asda is cheapest but not 10% cheaper so well worth doing) plus they are.doing a £5 voucher to use next time when you spend £40 or more! cheaper delivery than Tesco or sainsburys and can usually get a slot next day too. (i know you are going but a good tip if you're short of time!)

Ok thanks for that. I normally shop at Tesco and Waitrose ( I work there so discount :) ).
I actually live a 5 min walk from Tesco and have 2 Tesco Express very close by too, it's like I'm surrounded!!!
I'd rather go in the shop if I can, I used to do Tesco home delivery and it was shocking!! Used to get bruised apples an doodads of substitutions! I'd rather pick out my own stuff.
I have had my C saying that the chickpea Dahl Asda does is free?? I hope so cos it sounds yummy!!
And I will make sure I do the price check after- I'm sure Asda will be cheaper than Waitrose haha but it may work against Tesco!!

I live in Spain and I lurve ASDA. Every time I am in the U.K. It is one of my first stops and boy do I buy. The prices are so cheap ( for me) Options 5 for £1, quorn on at cut prices and all the stuff at £1....................

Enjoy.............I also love Tescos , Sainsbury, Morrison's and Waitrose, but for value for money ASDA takes the prize.

xxx

Ok that's good to know. I'm not a massive fan of Tesco even though I shop there. I find the quality of their veg and meat not so good. My husband says its cos I work at Waitrose I've turned into a bit of a food snob haha!!
Morrisons I like a lot, but don't have one in Colchester. Nearest is Ipswich or Clacton and as my mum works at the Ipswich one she's forever buying me stuff that's on offer!! Sainsburys has its moments but I find it expensive! I think if you want quality it has to be Waitrose (biased I know lol).
I shall def be having a good look around in Asda tomorrow- I have a feeling my usual one hour shop is going to take a bit longer and I'm going to be going over budget stocking up!

Asda wholemeal pittas can be used as a healthy extra so they're a good thing to pock up whilst your there! X

Went to Asda and I love it! Only went £10 over budget but came back with twice the amount of stuff!! Stocked up on loads of things plus the DE coffee that I love (had to stop myself taking everything on the shelf!) and I've just got to wait until 3pm to do the price check thing. I know I've saved because I know Tesco prices very well and checked out a few things online this morning!!! My husband isn't convinced (he shopped at Asda once before he met me- we've been together 5 years!- and thinks its still crap!) so hoping to prove him wrong!!

Went back to Waitrose this week as husband really really didn't like Asda's products!! Plus we cooked some Butchers Selection chicken breasts and there was water coming out of them! Never had that even with Tesco value and I think they are ****! Plus with my staff discount it makes sense :)

Went back to Waitrose this week as husband really really didn't like Asda's products!! Plus we cooked some Butchers Selection chicken breasts and there was water coming out of them! Never had that even with Tesco value and I think they are ****! Plus with my staff discount it makes sense :)

That's a shame, sorry your disappointed with it.

To be honest we don't buy much meat or veg from asda as we find better quality and offers other places, but I do like their chickpea dhal (want to try their tinned chilli as a very quick meal as I've heard that's free) and I also find they sometimes have good offers on other things like yogurts, cheese ect.

Yeh I like their chickpea Dahl, but I've discovered that Tesco also do it and its free. I don't mind going to Asda for branded items but I think their own brand I will pass on!
I only went there in the first place because of the offer on DE flavour collective coffee :)

Back