First Goal Done - 5 stone GONE!

StepUpFairy

METAAAAAL!!
Just a proud post to say that I have at last accomplished my major goal of this year: to lose 5 stone! :)

Started 2nd January (hungover from New Years on the 1st!), weighing 15st 5lb :( had tried 'dieting' and healthy eating in the past, think the most I lost was 10lb before I gave in to some temptation or another.

2012 was coming and something seemed to click that I was actually determined to do something this time! Just completely overhauled my diet; cut out the multipacks of crisps/litres of vodka/whole bags of sweets/bars of choccy.....really made a difference and I lost a stone in my first month :eek: :D

Since then, just been following that path as a way of life. Supplemented with some occasional meal replacement shakes (that I had in my cupboard from previous failed attempts), like for quick 'meals' on the go/when my cereal ran out/had very little money that week! Also didn't deny myself treats; raspberry ripple cupcake from Costa coffee anyone?! :p just didn't eat them in abundance as I used to.

I can't lie and say it hasn't been bloody hard either! :confused: have had a few days every couple of months or so that I seemed to go off the rails, usually triggered by stress/family arguments. I'd spend a weekend having an emotional/food binge.....but this time I was able to pick myself up afterwards, take a deep breath, and jump head first back into my healthy-ness :eek: the couple o' pounds I gained from scoffing soon poofed again via delish fruit/veg and going to the gym.

Also gave myself rewards along the way for each stone lost. Gained: a snazzy pair of tights, an expensive lipstick, new trainers and a hair cut. My 5th stone prezzie is meant to be a full body massage (!) but am not sure if I have the confidence down yet to have my bits rubbed! :8855:

So, first goal: DONE!! Now I am concentrating on getting down to 10 stone exactly, then my ultimate goal is 135lb (9st 9lb). I may re-assess at any point though - I am keeping going as although my weight is down, I still have a fair bit of 'squidgy-ness' round my middle :eek: it IS going! Just damn slowly :D

Will continue to post on me progress; gonna keep up the healthy-ness as it HAS become my way of life lol. Gym later on today!

Am hoping this isn't too long a read, and that people can see that it CAN be done with plain healthy eating and exercise. I wish everyone else so much luck on their journeys too - you CAN do it! :)

well done thats a really good read as you are the exact weight i am today and i am just about to try slimfast for a few weeks to give my body a shake up

Thanks a lot to you both! :) :)

Was beginning to get a bit deflated with no one even commenting with a 'well done' or 'good job' :tear_drop: :sign0009:

Good luck with slimfast Heidi! Am sure it will help, alternating the calorie intake so your body jump starts back into weight loss :cool:

Thanks everyone. Does feel pretty good! :p

Still got a smidge of a ways to go! Good luck on your quests too; am sure you'll be at goal and looking the biz very soon! :character00238:

Wow! Well done! I hope I can achieve as well as you have. X

Well done!:happy036:You have done so well and should be feeling very proud of yourself :D
Your story sounds a bit like mine except I haven't lost much yet so I'm going to come back and read this anytime I need motivation :D

Thanks everyone! Its very nice to hear your lovely comments :eek:

Everyone else is doing bloody brilliantly as well! :D and Plums: glad I could help in some way! You're doing SO fab hun, keep up the good work! :cool:

Bloody well done girl!

Me too!! We are very similar and I posted here today . I've made 9 stone 13 and my target ultimately is about 9 9 like you

Truly - an achievement - you should be rightly proud

Thanks very much for all the kind words! *blushes* :D everyone is doing SOOO well, you'll be posting a speech like this in no time!

Greta - that is totally fab-tastic! well done :happy096: damn you being ahead of me though *shakes fist* :8855:

Keep going, you'll be at ya goal in no time. I have slowed down a smidge (lame) but am 1 more pound down this week! :cool:

Oh I'm only *just* sneaking ahead... 9 stone 11 today.

And a bit of healthy competition is good right?

Come on! Keep going. You are AMAZING!

Absolutely fantastic! I see from your stats your very close to your goal, you must be amazingly proud of yourself :)

Thanks again everyone! Ryan - such a lovely comment, thank you! :giggle:

Am getting closer by the day and it feels damn good! :D

A little update: am finally fully into the 9's! :bunnydance: just 3 more pounds to go till ultimate goal! Hopefully more of this squidge will have gone by then too! :cross:

Back