First Managment Class

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by chunkychicken, 5 October 2007 Social URL.

1. chunkychicken

chunkychicken Full Member

Hello all,

Just wanted to share with you lovely people that I have made it through my first week of managment !! I had my first weigh in last night and was shocked and very happy to have lost 5.7lb!!!

I was particularly pleased because I chose to go into managment with the intention of losing more weight as I had been messing around picking so much in development that my weight loss was gradually stalling with losses of between 1.5 to 2.5lbs every week.

I have really enjoyed food (except the first night when I felt realyl bloated) and all the fresh flavours are so fantastic! I seem to be systematically working my way through the fresh fish counter !!! I have not wanted to pick at anything so far... although I realise that it is early days and I am still somewhat protected by not being exposed to sugar in any quantity yet.

Anyway, I am 1.6lb away from my first goal ! Just looking at that ticker makes me feel strange, I can remember what seems like just a few weeks ago that it seemed impossible that I would ever get to the end... now I am considering lowering my goal weight once I get through managment and continuing to lose slowly through healthy eating!!!!!!!!!!! amazing.

Thanks for sharing my journey so far everyone - couldn't have done it without you all.

love Laura
    Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. DramaQueen

DramaQueen Full Member

or should we now call you slinky! You have done amazingly well and are a true inspiration to those of us who have a long and winding road still to travel. I wish you well on the new phase of your journey. Please keep us all informed of how you are getting on.

Remember, if you can lose over 6 stone you can do ANYTHING you put your mind to.

All the very best x
    Mini likes this.
  4. Just Do It

Just Do It Full Member

Current Weight:
    Hi Laura,
    Just seen your thread. Wow look at your ticker! Congratulations.

Mini likes this.
  5. chunkychicken

chunkychicken Full Member

Oh my GOD!

Only just realised that this means I have lost 7 stone in total so far!
    With all this being weighed in Kg and converted to Lbs - I tend to forget where I am up to so long as the numbers are going in the right direction.

Extra chuffed now!
    Mini likes this.
  6. kitkatkin

kitkatkin Member

You have given me hope! I too have been struggling with development and not sticking to abstinence because quite frankly I am bored but I have still 10lbs to go to my healthy BMI. I want to lose another 10lbs on top of that and I have toyed with the idea of starting route to management sooner rather than later. However - I have decided not to start until I lose this last ten pounds and then take it from there!

Glad to hear you can still lose weight in management!
    Mini likes this.
  7. Mrs Lard

Mrs Lard Silver Member

Dear Laura

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Really well done! I am so pleased for you and the extra weight loss - well, what a bonus!!! You thoroughly deserve it.

Keep us posted how you get on!

Big kiss and massive round of applause.

Mrs Lxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Mini likes this.
  8. scotwannabethin

scotwannabethin Back to the grindstone!!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    W8 as need to lose so I can TTC!!!
    :happy036:Well done! I hope that in a few months I will be in the same boat, I hope to lose 7 stone in total and It gives me a bit of a spur on to see someone get there! Definetly not chunky anymore!!!

9. Lottyfern

Lottyfern Full Member

Lighterlife now CD
    Congratultions you have done so well and what a loss :happy036:
    Mini likes this.
  10. silhouettes

silhouettes Silver Member

well done and hope the rest goes as well for you, it must be great eating food again!

Mini likes this.
  11. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Slimming World

7 Stone is awesome!!!

Congratulations and well done!!! Your truly inspirational:happy096:
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.