First meeting Fee

I've had 2 CDCs and neither of them have charged me such a fee.

I never charge a consultation fee. My clients only pay RRP for their packs on the day of weigh in for that week. Thats all they pay.

I pay slightly over the RRP (£40/week).
So I get ketostix, fibre and gelatine (for mousses and jelly) from shops.

I didn't pay a joining fee :eek:

Hello

I never paid a joining fee either, just for my shakes, at the RRP.

i didnt pay a joining fee but if i have to go on a weekend (work during the week) there is a £10 charge for out of hours appointment which i have had to pay once before now as there was just no way i could get there in the week! i pay just over £50 a week (4 packs a day) but i do have bars and tetras so i think its about RRP
xxx

No joining fee for me, I've only ever paid for my stock, my Cd is fab, she gave me every bar to try free to see which ones I like! (turned out I didn't like any!)

I've recently switched CDC's due to moving house. My current CDC is my third and not one of them has charged me a joining fee although my first CDC was a nightmare and tried selling me 4 packs a day, plus bars, plus water flavourers all from the word go. Her 'support' was a text message saying she'd leave a package out on her doorstep for me to collect and to weigh myself at home. I actually complain to Cambridge and moved to a different counsellor.

There are obviously different levels of service provided depending on who you see. Much the same as any job, competence and pay varies. If you're happy with what you get then that's all that counts, surely?!

I didn't pay any fees and only paid for what I was taking with me for the week. I can only assume that her money is the profit on the powder bars etc...I can't imagine they want to do it for free...it is their time after all.

J

i had to pay 20 euro consultation fee,but it was refunded to me after 4 weeks on cd,so that wasnt bad,and knowing i was getting it back made me not mind paying it,
elaine x

My CDC is absolutely lovely. I didn't pay a initial consultation/joining fee, and pay £35 per week for shakes (powder), £37 per week for all tetras/bars and £6 for flavourings.

That said, I can understand an initial consultation fee -- providing you get an in depth introduction to CD, photos, etc etc -- and wouldn't have objected had she charged me that. I travel to her, so she doesn't charge travel expenses but, again, I could appreciate being charged a SMALL fee for that had it happened.

Up front fee for the following week I think is a bit off, though.

My ongoing support is fab too -- guess I'm lucky on that score!

Me xxx

I've joined CD 4 times inlast two years with 3 different CDC's I hope this will be the last time!!!! I have never paid an upfront, admin, starter pack, 1st consultation fee and never will!!! credit crunch time is hard enough without 1 person's food amounting to £70 per week!!! I pay for my 3 packs a day which works out about £35 a week

it wasnt £70 for one weeks packs, it was £70 for two weeks - just paid at once. I'm happy guys and thats all that matters

I didnt pay a fee for joining and I pay for the packs/bars that I need and that's it! I dont have to pay for an advance and I think that's outrageous to be honest. I would have gone to a different CDC if she had done that!

no one is doubting your happy mellie hun... you are gonna do absolutely fabulous on this journey and i hope you enjoy every second of it (even the hard times) i know i am...

this, for me, is the best diet i have ever done, and the determination it gives you really spurs you on to do even better...

good luck with the rest of your journey xxx

good luck hunni :) i love all the shakes and soups i have tried so far yummy :D xx

Thanks very much Goolian and princessbunny - I was feeling like I had to defend my CDC for a bit :) she may have done it this way but the main thing is I started it and have been ok so far, and have loved this forum to help keep me motivated! but if I ever become a CDC then I know NOT to charge up front LOL x

hehe prob best ;O) im sure you will do great on CD i think the key is to enjoy it and stay excited xxx

Hi Hun

I think if you are happy that way thats all that matters. I think if my CDC made me pay £70 for the 2 weeks it would keep me going till the end of week 2, if I had paid for it, i'd be damned if I was not sticking to it!!!

You are going to do great lovely.

Back