First notable benefit of LT...

Cookeh

Recovering Cookie Addict
Hi folks

Just had to pop in and share the good news.

Last year, at my heaviest, I had to have surgery and at the time the surgeon refused to do it because my blood pressure was so high, I'd never had hypertension before and was pretty shocked. Anyway, I placed on a small dose of BP meds and had the surgery and everything was fine.

Just got back from the doctor's today and she confirmed that since I've lost so much weight and my BP is well within normal range I can now come off the tablets!! I'm SOOOO happy, that's a huge health benefit and of course it made my day when my GP congratulated me on losing over 3 1/2 stones, just what I needed!!

Onwards and downwards.. weigh in tomorrow, can't wait hehe ^.^

Hi folks

Just had to pop in and share the good news.

Last year, at my heaviest, I had to have surgery and at the time the surgeon refused to do it because my blood pressure was so high, I'd never had hypertension before and was pretty shocked. Anyway, I placed on a small dose of BP meds and had the surgery and everything was fine.

Just got back from the doctor's today and she confirmed that since I've lost so much weight and my BP is well within normal range I can now come off the tablets!! I'm SOOOO happy, that's a huge health benefit and of course it made my day when my GP congratulated me on losing over 3 1/2 stones, just what I needed!!

Onwards and downwards.. weigh in tomorrow, can't wait hehe ^.^

What a lovely bit of good news!!! Well done on the 3.5 stones and it is so nice when "health experts" congratulate us too...the benefits are speaking for themselves.

have a great week!

Brilliant news cookeh just shows the other benefits this diet has to offer I know theres a lot of sceptical people out there but I poss like urself need the quick weightloss this diet offers to keep me going

well done you xx

Fantastic news Cookeh - you must be delighted. Out of interest did your doctor know that you lost your weight through LT and does he approve?

All the best for tomorrow

Jon
xx

thats great news. You started at exactly the same weight as I have(I'm only on day 3), it's given me some motivation as I'm struggling today.

Thanks everyone! I'm still grinning hehe

Luca - Oh that's great! Glad I can help give you some motivation, the start is really the worst part, once you're into your 2nd week or so it's a breeze (or at least, it is for me, but just getting to week 3 is the hard bit lol)

Jon - Yes, I had to get my GP's permission to even do the diet because of my high blood pressure but I just left the form at reception and picked it up next day. When she saw me today she was full of praise

Cookeh, that is an ace result with the BP meds. I'm in the same boat. I only went on BP meds a couple of years ago. I'm off them now for the last two weeks and monitoring the pressure every day and will be back to the GP in a week or two to confirm that I will be off them for good. BP has been lower end of normal!!!!! every day. It is a great feeling isn't it.

Back