First time on VLCD, starting on wed...eeeek!!!

Jenbob

Hi all,
going to see CDC tomorrow and im a bit anxious about how im gonna feel starting the CD tho im also quite excited.
Anyone got any advice for me?
Hoping to start trying for a mini me from March so desperate to get some of this weight off before then.
Iv seen so many msg's of support on this site and im thinkin im gonna be needing LOTS :eek:
Gonna have an 'eat what i want day' tomorrow, then THATS IT!!!:eek:
x x x x

I should be restarting on weds! We can support each other, I am pants at dieting lol.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you weigh and what is your goal weight?

Hey and well done on choosing CD its an amazing plan :)
I would say the best thing you can do is be positive about it , get that excitement and double it ........ see the diet as a huge positive step to a thinner you :)

also when you are hungry drink water and distract yourself , i always get cleaning , rearranging , dusting etc in my first few days

remember that after the first week , which is tough , it gets much easier ... push through it and let each hour that you manage spur you on to do the next , feel proud and take strength from your success .

Make mini goals , dont look at the big picture , chop it down into chunks .. aim to get through the first hour , first day , loose the first stone ... and it flies by !!!!

and lastly come on here a lot , ask for support and advise when you need it , there is always someone on here that knows exactly how you are feeling :D

Me tooooooo, honestly, i weighed myself yesterday, went in my bedroom, thought of food, went back into the bathroom to weigh myself again and i'd gained 3lbs!!!! Just not on! So will be nice to have someone starting on the same day as myself :)

Currently weigh 18 stone (Never thought i'd tell anyone that lol) and to be honest i just want to lose about 3 stone before i get pregnant and then go back on the diet after ive had my baby and finished breast feeding. Im sure it will work out like that lol.

How about you? How much do u want to lose?? x x

Hi and good luck. I've just rang up a CDC and am meeting her on Thursday. I've never done this type of diet before and really hope it works. I'm a single parent so am not sure how I'm going to manage cooking for the kids and not eating myself and I'm also concerned that if I lose weight too quickly I'll end up with lots of loose skin. xx

Aw thank u so much Katie, iv been really inspired by the comments people leave for each other on here, im sure it must be a massive help.
Congrats on ur weight loss, its amazing, i just cant believe how easy it looks when i see people's stats tho im sure i wont be saying that this time on wed :)
Iv left all my housework to give me something to do whenever i feel hungry lol, hope i dont have any unexpected guests over the next couple of days haha.
Thanks again for ue msg.xx

"Hey and well done on choosing CD its an amazing plan :)
I would say the best thing you can do is be positive about it , get that excitement and double it ........ see the diet as a huge positive step to a thinner you :)

also when you are hungry drink water and distract yourself , i always get cleaning , rearranging , dusting etc in my first few days

remember that after the first week , which is tough , it gets much easier ... push through it and let each hour that you manage spur you on to do the next , feel proud and take strength from your success .

Make mini goals , dont look at the big picture , chop it down into chunks .. aim to get through the first hour , first day , loose the first stone ... and it flies by !!!!

and lastly come on here a lot , ask for support and advise when you need it , there is always someone on here that knows exactly how you are feeling :D[/QUOTE]

I agree with every word of this!!!! Good luck! xx

Hi tiffybee, well we're in the same boat so we'll have to spur each other on. Im just trying to get it in my head, get the first week over with and then im sure things will get easier.
I dont have any children yet and my hubby has a takeaway (YES, a TAKEAWAY lol) so he normally eats in the shop so at least i wont have to cook for him. Iv told him if he brings a kebab or a pizza back for me im gonna divorce him lol. But, like i said in a previous post, i just hve to think of food and i gain weight ):
Good luck with urs too, im sure we'll be congratulating each other in the next couple of weeks :)

I actually find I love cooking for the kids when I am on CD ( after the first week or so ) ... I also enjoy sniffing food .. its amazing but a good sniff of chocolate can convince my brain that I have had some and leaves me quite satisfied !!! I know a few people who enjoy cooking and sniffing food when on CD so hope you are the same as it makes life a little easier :)

Jenbob said:
Me tooooooo, honestly, i weighed myself yesterday, went in my bedroom, thought of food, went back into the bathroom to weigh myself again and i'd gained 3lbs!!!! Just not on! So will be nice to have someone starting on the same day as myself :)

Currently weigh 18 stone (Never thought i'd tell anyone that lol) and to be honest i just want to lose about 3 stone before i get pregnant and then go back on the diet after ive had my baby and finished breast feeding. Im sure it will work out like that lol.

How about you? How much do u want to lose?? x x

I did start b4 crimbo, but have put weight on am hopefully restarting on weds. I have always been ashamed of my weight I weighed myself this morning and I was 17.1. My heaviest being 18.4. I too want to lose weight and try for a baby, lol we can do both journeys together.

My goal is 12st. But I would like to be in the 11's

Good luck for tomorrow and I agree water and distraction are the best tools to get you through!! I hope your first few days fly past.xx

Thanks everyone for the supportive msg's, they're really appreciated, i think im gonna be over using you all lol.
Aw Keighley, thats so nice and will definately be a big help to go thru both journeys together :)

Ha ha Katie I actually drive past the chippy with the car window open sniffing as I drive past! How sad am I lololol x

Good luck Jenbob, I am 5ft9 and went from 18st 2 to 13.4 from 25th Aug to mid December 2009, although I was not classed as a healthy weight I did not stand out in a crowd,felt confident and found clothes relatively easy to buy.
The weight losses are so quick they will keep you motivated, and the inspirational stories and support on minimins are undoubtedly a tremendous help.
I messed up for various reasons from Spring onwards, I gave sw another try,but here I am back on cd again as I know there is no other way for me.
Good luck on your cd journey and baby plans x

I actually find I love cooking for the kids when I am on CD ( after the first week or so ) ... I also enjoy sniffing food .. its amazing but a good sniff of chocolate can convince my brain that I have had some and leaves me quite satisfied !!! I know a few people who enjoy cooking and sniffing food when on CD so hope you are the same as it makes life a little easier :)

Lol, that’s me that is! I love cooking for DH and the children. I live vicariously and ‘eat’ by watching them and cookery programmes too (I bloomin’ love watching them so much!).

The first week is HARD, it really is, there’s no point denying it, BUT it gets so much easier. In fact I’m less hungry on CD than I was over Christmas when I was eating loads and loads of regular food.

Oh, and don’t get put off if you find some of the shakes/bars or soups are minging, there will be some that you’ll like, and you can live on those just fine. I live on a banana shake, choc&mint bar and a hot choc made with choc tetra every day because those are the only ones I like. Everyone’s different, and it can be a pain discovering which tastes you like. I remember gagging trying to ‘eat’ some of them. But it is horses for courses and you will have to find out for yourself which you enjoy.

You will do it! The results are SOOO satisfying, it’s the motivation you need!

Mocha x

good luck everyone starting this week. I restarted today. I love CD and although there are hard days, it is fantastic once you get into it! I survive the first few days by lots of sleep, baths, water and distraction! Saying that i might be struggling by tomorrow! XXX

Thank you so much Mrs. Taurus, wow,fantastic weight loss in such a short time, thats amazing. I get sick of people saying i suit this size, its nice of them but i just want to experience being a 'normal' weight for once, especially before i fall pregnant. I am quite active as i have a horse and ride a few times a week. Ive always been big but ive never felt unhealthy because of it and never had any problems, just embarrassing moments every now and then. And my husband has always been smaller than me so feel odd next to him lol.
Anyway we'll see what the next few weeks bring!
Thanks again :)

Aw thank you so much Mocha, im actually excited about starting it, but a lil anxious at the same time :)

I'm also starting on a VCLD on Wednesday (delivery day!). Not CD, but Exante. It's the same principle though.

I'd love to join a support group. I need to loose loads.

These are my initial goals:
14lbs by end of January
22lbs (10% of initial body weight) by end of February
35lbs by Easter

Fingers crossed!

Oops, just realised this is a Cambridge Diet forum. Sorry!

Gonna have an 'eat what i want day' tomorrow, then THATS IT!!!
Have to disagree with you there - commit from NOW - have a protein day tomorrow, cut the carbs out and that will ease your way onto the CD packs with fewer problems than if your body has a massive carb fest to get rid of.
Good luck!

Back