First time tonight

Summer

So excited, I can't wait to bust a move and burn some calories.

I am a worrier though, I am going to a class in a community center. Where do you put your belongings? At the side of the room? What does everyone wear? Joggers and a tshirt? I think I will wear leggings and a baggy vest. Footwear? I have normal trainers or tennis shoes.

Oh I am buzzinggg!

Will tell you all about it when I return.

Hi Zumba is fantastic and it’s not strenuous... Its lots of fun – its all about dancing, getting those hips moving. It’s a full body workout. I have been doing Zumba for a couple of months and totally love it.

To be honest its addictive – once you start you cant stop…

I’ve downloaded some of the tracks onto my iphone, so when at home alone I pop the phone and zumba away… obviously nothing beats a proper class…

Wear something comfy n loose - you'll be doing some funky dance moves.

Water - definitely!!

Belongings are strewn around the side of the room, and people just wear all sorts of things, tracksuit bottoms, lycra bottoms, t-shirts, vest. A whole host of items, and no-one looks out of place - apart from one girl who turned up in her Ugg boots one evening!! Just wear what your comfortable in, no-one will be looking at you, they'll be watching your leader!

Enjoy your class - you'll love it!!

low tread trainers are a must to get the moves right. my running trainers stick to the floor a bit so i'm looking at dance shoes but i roll inwards so i need to do some more reading.

i wear leggings type gym bottoms and a gym or now a zumba top. i drink 1lt of water so take loads.

our classes are very high energy, jumping, bouncing, wiggling etc etc i work up a sweat. it's as energetic as you make it and i make it very strenuous. was focused on big movements today, large arms, moves across the room etc etc pulling in my abs and i can feel it. mind it was after a 5 mile run so i think the run has had some effects to my aching abs.

It was really good! Can't wait to go back. Will wear a sports bra next time so I can really jump about!

Glad you enjoyed it! Yeah I really need to get myself a sports bra - I can't really jump at the moment! lol x

A sports bra is best, I forgot to switch from regular bra for my class today and I felt I was jiggling about too much.

Back