First timer! Few questions...

Lea*

Hi All,

I am joining tomorrow night and have a few questions...

1) I see there is an offer which you can buy online for £10 a month (first month only), do I need to buy this online before I go or can i get the same deal at group?

2) Will i get all the books and calulator thing when I join or do I need to purchase these?

3) What happens in the groups?

4) Can I go straight into Pro Points as I am a slimming world member at the moment so i think the simple start is to simular to kick things off.

Any help or advice would be great as it's going to all be very new to me!

Thanks x

I can only go on what I experienced, I went to my first WW meeting last Sat. It's different to SW, they don't go around and ask everyone how their week was & talk about losses, instead, they talk about a particular topic. I bought my weekly pass online and then just signed up in a group, I think you can get your monthly pass in group, but I found it easier to do it all online :) You don't get books or calculators as such. You get a book on Simple Start (which I didn't really need as I was doing SW before), if you sign up for the monthly pass then you get access to their app & online resources, which has a tracker :)

I really enjoyed my first WW meeting. It was different to what I'm used to with SW, but it was good different. The WW leader seems so much more helpful and supportive than my SW consultant x

Hi Lea,

I switched straight from SW to WW 4 weeks ago, will try and help where I can...

1) I see there is an offer which you can buy online for £10 a month (first month only), do I need to buy this online before I go or can i get the same deal at group?

I just went to the meeting and they gave me the option to sign up there, which I did.

2) Will i get all the books and calulator thing when I join or do I need to purchase these?

You get some basic books with food lists in etc, similar to SW. If you get the monthly pass for £10 you also get access to the e-source. If you have a smartphone, this also means you can download the app for free which has loads of stuff in AND a calculator function. However SO many more things are listed on the WW app compared to the SW one!

3) What happens in the groups?

As mentioned above, groups generally have a topic but it is less invasive and they do not ask who lost what etc. I also found they aren't quite as long which was good.

4) Can I go straight into Pro Points as I am a slimming world member at the moment so i think the simple start is to simular to kick things off?

This is exactly what I thought, however I transferred straight from SW to WW Simple Start, ate everything that was on the plan, INCLUDING CRUMPETS AND BREAD AHHHH!, and after panicking a lot and worrying, turns out my body needed a bit of bread and I lost 4lb in my first week! :) :)

Any help or advice would be great as it's going to all be very new to me!

I really hope this helps! I have found that starting WW has been much more enjoyable for me. Much more suited to my lifestyle, as I am not able to cook from scratch every day, although I do still try to as much as possible.

Good luck tonight, let us know how it goes! x x

Thank you both so much for your help, it helped loads.

I joined last night and went straight to points but I seem to be struggling with the app to check points, can you help?

For example when I type in something simple like weetabix only the bitsize ones come up, same with cheakpeas, asda comes up but not Tesco.

Sm i using this right?

I go into browse food, foods, then points value.

Thank you x

I am having trouble with the app to I cant seem to find anything I search for and the restaurants bit is empty. I searched lurpack butter before and that didnt come up either

Sometimes I find the app seems to work better when you don't fully put the name of something in.
Lurpak or even just Lur instead of Lurpak butter for example.

Also when you click search after typing in the item are you then selecting the tab at the top where it says "foods" or "brand foods"?

I have just searched weetabix and noticed the tab was on foods, so clicked the brand foods tab and then I got more weetabix options come up hun.

Weetabix are 4 ProPoints per 2.
Lurpak is 1 ProPoint per teaspoon or Lurpak lighter is 1 ProPoint per 2 teaspoons.
Asda chickpeas in water are 6 ProPoints per 240g can.

Also if the WW app doesn't have the item you are looking for you can use the ProPoints calculator on the app to work it out. I often use this if something isn't on the app.

I hope this helps.
Stacey xxx

Back