first week fluke?

Crys

did anyone else get a bit paranoid that ther first weeks loss was just fluke, and they'd end up gaining the next week?

I lost 4.5 lbs this week, but my first night weigh in was done on * week. Now I'm obesessing that that was the only reason lost anything, and I'll have gained this week. Am I mental?

The more you WI, the more confident you'll get. You won't lose 4.5lb every week, but it'll keep coming off if you stick to the plan.
Well done on your weight loss xx

Yes you're obsessing a bit. Trust that if you've followed the plan the weight will come off. There may be weeks when you sts or even gain but as long as the general direction is downward then that's all that matters. And you know, I've never heard anyone say they are worried they only lost weight because it was their period. It's usually the complete opposite with people putting on weight!

i agree, gaining weight "star" week does get mentioned at the group i attend alot too, im premenopsal so i have no idea when my Star week is going to be, although this week looks dodgy :cry:
each week that goes by you will be sure you have gained until you get on the scales of justice as i call them, and read that magic readout and then go and jump up and down around the room shouting "LOSER LOSER"
oh is that just me :wee::banana dancer:

Hi Crys :) 4.5 lbs is still a great loss even though your initial weigh in (joining SW night) was your star week. Im presuming thats what you meant in your initial post. Anyway good luck at your next weigh in and NO YOU'RE NOT MENTAL :D:D X X

don't stop believing! I remember I had doubts a lot at the start, and to be honest now I'm closer to a healthy BMI, I feel nervous every week all over again....but stick at it. You'll get there x

well done on your first weigh in , if your anything like me you will devlop a love/hate relationship with those scales. I have been doing either sw or ww for years and still get nervous at wi .

heheh thanks girls :)

Back