first week help

rainbowdrops22

Hi I went to my first meeting today at 6:30.

I need help putting together a shopping list. I'm going to be doing all green days. I'm not veggie but I prefer green. I shop at Tesco and Aldi.

So far I have:

Misc

Fry Light
Low calorie squash (which one do i get?)

Breakfast
Ready Brek
Is Kelloggs sultana bran/raisin bran a hxb?
Semi skimmed milk

Lunches
tuna pasta with sweetcorn and peppers (which fat free dressing can I use with this?
Aldi cous cous with extra veg
baked potato with beans and 28g of edam cheese

Dinner
baked potato with beans and 28g of edam cheese
quorn mince bolognese with spaghetti

any other ideas?
what do I NEED to pick up?
I really have no talent for planning ahead and staying in a budget.

I need lunches and a snack that I can put ready the night before and take with me to uni?

HELP!!!

the batchelors savoury rice are free and make an easy lunch that you can prepare before. I like mine cold with salad in or you could chop up some quorn sausages into it.
Other lunches are sarnies with salad and whatever filling in you fancy.
Activa fat free yoghurts are really nice and syn free and also the mullerlites although these are not veggie.
Roast a load of veggies and mix with cous cous for a really filling meal
I am sure others will come along with loads of ideas.
Enjoy the diet and good luck on your journey

i follow gree days too. Always buy loads of passata as it's a great sauce base for pasta dishes and chillies etc. Of course pasta, rice and potatoes are staple too. Very low fat fromage frais and v. low fat cottage cheese are always helpful. Have you tried making SW quiche yet? That's a tasty dinner too. And of course the famous SW chips with beans and quorn sausages, yum! Loads more ideas will turn up I'm sure:)

Sultana bran is a HexB. I like Robinsons no added sugar squash, but you can use any NAS squash.

Tins of beans, chilli beans and spaghetti in sauce are handy, so is instant mash if you are in a hurry.
Eggs are very versatile and the sw quiche is lovely.
Quorn mince is handy for bolognese and chilli, and the quorn chicken style pieces are great for curries.
Mushy pea curry is good too.
Laughing Cow light triangles.

Back