First weigh in - tonight!

Carmilla

Attended my first group last week, been on SW for seven days. I used 71.5 syns this week which Im annoyed with myself for, wanted to keep it below 70. I do feel like I've lost, just hope the scales agree!

Attended my first group last week, been on SW for seven days. I used 71.5 syns this week which Im annoyed with myself for, wanted to keep it below 70. I do feel like I've lost, just hope the scales agree!

Why did you want to keep under 70? Syns are there to be used. More often that not, those that use more of their weekly Syns actually lose better than those who don't use them.

Our books state that you can have up to 15 Syns each day, which works out as 105 in total for the week. I almost always stick to 105 Syns per week and I've managed to lose over 2 stone so far, so there is really nothing to worry about having used 71.5 Syns.

Really, I can use that many? The consultant said to stick to between 5 - 10 a day, so I thought the less the better. I'm still new to all this. I feel like I've been eating masses of food, it's amazing how much you're allowed to eat!

Totally agree with Princess _Stevie. Seems like you get better results by using and enjoying your Syns so why limit them to under 10 a day?

Really, I can use that many? The consultant said to stick to between 5 - 10 a day, so I thought the less the better. I'm still new to all this. I feel like I've been eating masses of food, it's amazing how much you're allowed to eat!

That's really strange hon. Anyone I've heard of has been recommended to use between 5-15 Syns a day.

My consultant recommends 5-10 a day too, but the book states 5-15 and I've managed to lose pretty well sticking to 15 a day so far! Besides, what happens when you get closer to target and your weight loss starts to plateau? That's when you're recommended to lower your Syns intake, and if it's already low to begin with then you will find it really tough!

Yes you can have up to 15 syns a day. I wonder if your consultant told you to stick to 5-10 so that you would have a buffer zone in case you were undersynning or making any mistakes. My consultant says to never have less than 10 syns a day, and I must admit I don't agree that that either lol

Ok, I don't feel so bad now! In the past I used to crash diet, sometimes surviving on sugar free red bull and a yoghurt drink a day, so getting my head round the whole being able to eat while slimming is really difficult.

I hate when consultants say between 5 - 10 or must be over 10 ect. everyone has to work out what works for them syn wise, I got to target eating between 10 and 15 and when I lowered them thinking I'd loose more I started maintaining.

I agree with everyone else i tend to use all my syns per day even if it is to enjoy a couple of biscuits with my morning coffee then be really good for the rest of the day :) or mini snack-a-jacks oh im addicted to the caramel ones hehe

Good luck for your weigh in :D

that's brilliant, well done.
I always stick to 10 or below so i may have a week of trying 15 a day and see what that does for me.

Yay ! Good loss!

Back