• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Fish Pedicures

S: 18st11lb C: 18st9lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 40.9 Loss: 0st2lb(0.76%)
never had one but I've been tempted, I dunno what the going rate is but there's one of those cheap haircut shops near me where a mans cut is 3 quid or 4 if you wanna dip your feet in with the fish while they cut your hair

Emmaline

Hippety Hop!
S: 16st2lb C: 14st13.7lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 42.3 Loss: 1st2.3lb(7.21%)
Haven't had one of those but when I was in Isreal on tour we stopped at a place (forget where now) and sat with our feet in the sea and all these little fish came up and nibbled at our feet. It was very nice and not ticklish at all.

ChubLock

Silver Member
S: 16st4lb C: 16st3lb G: 10st4lb BMI: 39 Loss: 0st1lb(0.44%)
It's a very weird sensation. I went last December with six of my colleagues and the reactions went from totally non-plussed to someone totally freaking out. I was more towards the freaking end of the scale but I just "got into the zone" and tried to forget about the tickly feeling. The initial zoom of fish coming to nibble the dry skin is the most tickly part and if you keep taking your feet out and putting them back in, that initial tickly zoom will keep happening. The results are v. impressive though, super smooth feet afterwards.

S: 10st9lb C: 10st9lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 24.8 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I'm definately going to try this out the next time I'm in Glasgow. Friends have been raving about it and my tired Mummy-feet could use the pampering!

S: 14st13lb C: 14st7lb BMI: 30 Loss: 0st6lb(2.87%)
I'va had a couple and they are sooo nice !! felt like I was walking on air afterwards !!

Debs1972

MiniMins Addict
S: 14st4lb C: 13st2lb G: 11st4lb BMI: 29.7 Loss: 1st2lb(8%)
I have done a lot of reading about fish pedicures since I made my first post about it & have decided that it's not for me. They have been banned in many states in USA due to hygiene reasons. Which made me think a lot about the fact that the water is not changed & there are people who may have infections using the tanks. The fishes then can transmit the infections etc. think I'll stick to the normal ones.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-12595809.

Mairiphinc

Cruisin' for a losin'!
S: 17st2lb C: 16st5lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 41.9 Loss: 0st11lb(4.58%)
Yeah I always thought it sounded a bit gross and likely to pass on fungal infections and stuff at the least! Not to mention when I looked in at one of the places that does it at our local arndale there were dead fish on the bottom of some of the tanks! Eww!