fish sauce

Little_Jade

Hi guys, planning salmon for tonights tea, can anyone recommend a low syn sauce? I used to use dill but it full of syns!
Id do a search but cant as out and having to use my phone app!

It depends how you're going to cook it but if it's pan fried or grilled then some 0%fat fromage frais with some chilli powder, salt and pepper is really good. In fact it's great with all sorts of things! Another version is add lots of herbs instead of the chilli.
Another great sauce for salmon is a cucumber one. Dice half a peeled cuke, and whazz up the other half. Fry the dice in a little frylight. Add a splash of white wine, the whazzed up cuke, let it simmer for a few minutes then add a little 3%fat creme fraiche. Very pretty with the salmon. Serve with new pots and peas. Yum.

I do a sauce which both me and my oh love. I fry some chopped leeks in fry light to soften then a stir in 2 35g tubs of light Philly (you could syn this or do he). Then I take half a veg stock cube and dissolve that in just a little bit of water and pour it in to loosen the mixture. It's a strong taste but its very yummy!

Back