Fish!

PESTY - I have no idea, also confused as I didnt put it there, I put it in the main forum.

They must have moved it over to your thread as it was "fish" related. Strange place to put it though, should be at the end not at the beginning!! :confused:

haha that makes sense! I assume you must have started your thread before i started mine! Do you mind editing it to add in for people to add their fishy bargains? lol that way we can have both Mackrel ideas and fishy things to buy!

xx

Is smoked Mackerel free? I absolutely LOVE smoked mackerel and would eat it daily but I'm pretty sure it won't be free I'm not that lucky!

Aldi has great frozen fish and great prices I have had smoked coley, tuna, salmon, hadock and they also sometimes have frozen trout or se bass but hubby won't eat those. I can't remember the exact price but much cheaper than other frozen fish at other supermarkets.

Teresa

i went to sainsburys the other day and they had...

pre packed haddock fillets(3 in a pack) for only 3pounds!!

pre packed salmon 2 large fillets only 3 pounds!!!

pre packed trout fillets 4 in a pack only 2 pounds

All fresh not frozen!!!

they did advertize cod 2 fillets for 3 ponds too but they were sold out when i got there.

What Fish

Im going to the fresh fish counter at Asda later but never bough fish before only fish fingers :rolleyes:

What fish do i ask for if i want:

No Bones
No Skin
No Tail
No Head
Not Strong

Im going to coat it with parmasan breadcrums and have it with peas and chips.

The bargain section is great, especially on a sunday around 3pm!

We went to ASDA on sunday I got 2 big pieces of pliace reduced to £1.00. Bought 4 packs and put them in the freezer. Its well worth a look!!!!

xx

Im going to the fresh fish counter at Asda later but never bough fish before only fish fingers :rolleyes:

What fish do i ask for if i want:

No Bones
No Skin
No Tail
No Head
Not Strong

Im going to coat it with parmasan breadcrums and have it with peas and chips.

ask for boneless loin, or skinless and boneless fillets. id recommend basa fillets if they have them as its quite a meaty fish and doesnt have a really strong flavour, failing that, cod or haddock is lovely in breadcrumbs :) xx

I'm not sure if it was a good deal but I just bought two packs of haddock from Co-op for £4 which saved £1. Two fillets in each pack.

At Tesco online (not sure if same offer is instore) they have 2 packs for £5 on various seafood. I got mixed seafood, which I used to make a chilli and tomato linguini last night - makes a generous 2 portions, and cooked king prawns which I'll use for a curry or a risotto. Not sure what else there was but there were quite a few in the selection.

Also picked up a pack of cooked mussels (as per someones post on Snuggles thread) for only 79p - there's plenty in there and freezable too.

Mmm it was delish, just 'fried' some finely chopped red onion and sliced garlic. Added passatta (Tesco finest passatta is my fave at the mo), salt and pepper, some sweetner, and chilli flakes. Once reduced add the pack of mixed seafood (prawns, squid and mussels) some lemon juice and chopped parsley then toss in cooked linguini
Yum yum

Mmm it was delish, just 'fried' some finely chopped red onion and sliced garlic. Added passatta (Tesco finest passatta is my fave at the mo), salt and pepper, some sweetner, and chilli flakes. Once reduced add the pack of mixed seafood (prawns, squid and mussels) some lemon juice and chopped parsley then toss in cooked linguini
Yum yum

Sounds lovely!! I will have to give it a go!! Annoyingly im on a red day today! I could however just syn the extra B i had and make it an EE day?

xx

was in Morrisons this morning, and wow you should have seen the recuded fish counter, there was loads i got

Sushi (had this for lunch ) did not like
Rainbow trout
basa filliets ??
seabass filliets
and prawns

Looks like i am doing another fishy week......

Dont forget about frozen fish too!

If you are near a Farmfoods or an Iceland they have huge bags of frozen boneless fish and mixed seafood.

Fantastic thank you Lexie, i didnt even think of iceland, i might pop in there at the weekend then!

I would go on my lunch break but it'll have melted and be all smelly by the time i get home! lol xx

Back