fist week ss DONE!!

Hello, I've just finished week one and have lost 7lbs so am chuffed! I found it easy to follow and, although I'd still like a hunk of cheese or a packet of crisps every now and again, it's not through hunger but just for something tasty. I'm following the ss+ so I can have some solid food and it's seems to be working so am really hoping this is finally something that works for me.

Good luck to everyone on their journeys!

that's great, well done you!! xx

I found the first four days really tough feeling sick and hungry but after that felt fine! However.... Tonight went out for family meal had chicken tikka so prob not in ketosis now and I honestly did not enjoy it. Never felt so uncomfortable and bloated! Really hope I don't have to get back into ketosis again cause I'll be miserable lol. Oh and im on sole source btw

How about for u? X

Sole Source here too, don't think I could deal with food atm lol! Getting weighed on tuesday morning, really hoping I lose a good amount to cheer me up lol xx

I've been fine from day one and wish I'd tried this sooner! The meal replacement aspect always put me off but it actially works for me because I don't have to think about what to eat, three shakes and then a bit of chicken and veg, couldn't be easier! My CDC said she ate the same thing every day and I think I will too, although I hope I don't get sick of chicken!! It's funny how quickly you feel bloated, even after only a week I seem to feel full all the time! But, early days, let's see how it goes.... Did you mean you're on sole source plus?

And don't beat yourself up, you're doing great. x

I found the first four days really tough feeling sick and hungry but after that felt fine! However.... Tonight went out for family meal had chicken tikka so prob not in ketosis now and I honestly did not enjoy it. Never felt so uncomfortable and bloated! Really hope I don't have to get back into ketosis again cause I'll be miserable lol. Oh and im on sole source btw

How about for u? X

I hope it doesn't put you back hun, really hoping I go into Ketosis soon. Did it take you 5 days to feel a bit better? Did you cut down on carbs before you started hun? I didn't as thats mainly what I eat so im not sure if its going to take longer for me? xxx

No i just have 3 shakes a say buy tonight I did have some chicken. I feel like if I did have a meal in the eve i might be more likely to slip up so I am sticking to just 3 shakes for now!

Maybe after week 5 il go up a step but def after tonight I am in no rush to eat again lol x

No i just have 3 shakes a say buy tonight I did have some chicken. I feel like if I did have a meal in the eve i might be more likely to slip up so I am sticking to just 3 shakes for now!

Maybe after week 5 il go up a step but def after tonight I am in no rush to eat again lol x

well done you, I don't think I could just have the shakes, although they are filling, I like to have something solid to eat! When I saw the amounts you're allowed my heart sank but when I weighed it out it was actually a decent size! I'm out for lunch on Sat but haven't told anyone I'm on CD so not sure how to do it, think I'll try and discreetly order a green salad with balsamic on the side! But am bound to get comments because I'm not ordering my usual creamy sauce laden faves!!

Have you got good support around you? x

PS - how d'you know when you're in ketosis?

I'm eager to see how much weight the original poster of this thread lost in their first week! Let us know! :)

Ali: I find it easier just shakes for now but I will probably start getting bored in a few weeks! I would order a salad too, ask for dressing on the side, sparkling water always sounds better than normal water in front of friends. I have good support from my mum, my boyfriend doesn't know why i am doing it he thinks I'm fine as i am but he is supportive too. I have only told my closest friend, the others were negative when I mentioned it so I will keep it secret as long as poss! X

Oh and Ali: ketosis, you'll have a horrible metallic y taste in mouth, poss bad breath, more energy and no hunger! You can buy ketostix to pee on to see if ur in ketosis also. By day 4 you should be in ketosis but everyones diff!

Thanks Katy, good idea on the sparkling water. Every day I feel better and better but that's prob lack of wine as well! Haven't noticed metallic taste but was warned about the bad breath so keep a spray handy. I was on a real downer before getting weighed by CDC last night, my scales showed a loss of less than one kilo so the 7lbs was a lovely surprise and am feeling chirpy today. It's so true, the loss is a real motivator, I've only ever lasted a week before on WW and SW. Good on your bf, I'm hoping to find one after this when I get my confidence back! xx

Ali: I find it easier just shakes for now but I will probably start getting bored in a few weeks! I would order a salad too, ask for dressing on the side, sparkling water always sounds better than normal water in front of friends. I have good support from my mum, my boyfriend doesn't know why i am doing it he thinks I'm fine as i am but he is supportive too. I have only told my closest friend, the others were negative when I mentioned it so I will keep it secret as long as poss! X

My partner is the exact same huni, always telling me I'm perfect and I don't need to lose weight. I've tried other diets before without telling him and always given up so I sat down and told him how I really feel, and that I just wont be happy unless I lose weight for the wedding. Since then he's been really supportive, and its really helped.

How is everyone feeling this morning? I have the headache from hell, but not sure if its the diet or my girls lol, had a few cramps in the tops of my legs too - is that normal? xxx

Thanks Katy, good idea on the sparkling water. Every day I feel better and better but that's prob lack of wine as well! Haven't noticed metallic taste but was warned about the bad breath so keep a spray handy. I was on a real downer before getting weighed by CDC last night, my scales showed a loss of less than one kilo so the 7lbs was a lovely surprise and am feeling chirpy today. It's so true, the loss is a real motivator, I've only ever lasted a week before on WW and SW. Good on your bf, I'm hoping to find one after this when I get my confidence back! xx

LOL about the wine hun, I was thinking the same about my lack of alcohol haha xxx

Lol, great that your partner is now on board and what a brill motivator to have your wedding to look forward to. Keep it up, once you see those scales next week you'll feel fab! x

thanks a lot hun, jumped on my own scales this morning (I know, I shouldn't lol!) but seem to have dropped quite a few pounds already unless they're faulty. I just hope the CDC scales show the same! Will feel really good when I can get in my pre-pregnancy clothes again, even though i'll still have quite a bit to lose after that. Got a wardrobe full of clothes I can't wear atm lol! xxx

thanks a lot hun, jumped on my own scales this morning (I know, I shouldn't lol!) but seem to have dropped quite a few pounds already unless they're faulty. I just hope the CDC scales show the same! Will feel really good when I can get in my pre-pregnancy clothes again, even though i'll still have quite a bit to lose after that. Got a wardrobe full of clothes I can't wear atm lol! xxx

well done already! I threw out my size 12s years ago, my reward will be a new wardrobe! (new mantra "am not a dog, am not a dog"! xx

Its not my wedding dress as I haven't been out dress shopping yet, I just think its beautiful xxx

Ali: Yes same with me I tried every diet and I last about two weeks what I dislike about those diets is you lost 2-3 pounds next week u stay the same or just a pound off! I like the fact you see results right away its a real motivator! U will get your confidence back in no time, even the first weigh in i felt really proud!

Standrewsbride: i think now I've explained to my bf I am doing it for me he is more understanding!
That wedding dress is beaut as well! That should keep you motivated! Any weak moments take a look at it :) i keep looking at the before/ after pics to help me one girl was my start weight and now my goal weight so i keep looking to keep me feeling positive

Also anyone know how I can get my picture up and a weight tracker???? Xx

Ali: Yes same with me I tried every diet and I last about two weeks what I dislike about those diets is you lost 2-3 pounds next week u stay the same or just a pound off! I like the fact you see results right away its a real motivator! U will get your confidence back in no time, even the first weigh in i felt really proud!

Standrewsbride: i think now I've explained to my bf I am doing it for me he is more understanding!
That wedding dress is beaut as well! That should keep you motivated! Any weak moments take a look at it :) i keep looking at the before/ after pics to help me one girl was my start weight and now my goal weight so i keep looking to keep me feeling positive

Also anyone know how I can get my picture up and a weight tracker???? Xx

When I got over 20 posts the red message at the top changed hun and said I could upload an avator/avatar (sp?) the weight tracker, do you mean at the side <<< or underneath your posts?

you know whats keeping me more motivated atm, knowing how much certain people will hate it when I lose weight lol. Especially my ex (eldests dad) and his family hehehe :D xxx

Back