Fit and Fab for 30

I love reading about other people in a similar situation (I'm just nosey). Sorry the link didn't work, if you just google weight loss b***h you should be able to find the blog.

My usual Monday post - I was naughty at the weekend (waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much alcohol) and have done no exercise.

Oh well, onwards and upwards. Saturday was so much fun that I don't regret it in the slightest (I enjoyed every last syn!). I very rarely go out but went for a friend's 30th and had a fab time.I wore a size 12 top (which I haven't done for about 5 years) and finally came to terms with my hair cut and felt like the 'old (young) me'. I danced, drank and laughed like I haven't for ages and it was just the boost I needed.

I really need to get back to exercising. I'm noticing the difference in energy levels already and haven't even bothered to take my measurements. I just need to bite the bullet and restart. My friend has joined the gym near us and wants to try belly dancing which I think will be so funny so I have that to look forward too. xx

Oooh, the belly dancing sounds like fun. Looking forward to hearing about that!

Sounds like you had a really good time on Saturday so don't worry about going off plan. The main thing is that that you enjoyed all of your syns and don't feel guilty. If I have a night out planned then I know straight away that I will never stick to plan and I just deal with it and move on. I still think that subconsciously I make better food and drink choices on a night out than I would have before I did the plan.

I've been so rubbish at keeping this updated, had a busy (and food filled) week last week and it slipped my mind.
A quick recap
Monday and Tuesday - pretty good food wise.
Wednesday - Weigh In Lost 1lb! This meant I scraped my stone target in on mine and ben's 5th anniversary! It was also my first conference of the year and I did a fab job of sticking to plan with the food offered. We provide so many biscuits etc that sometimes I end up eating myself silly but I took fruit for breakfast, had veggie stirfry and rice for lunch and a diet coke in afternoon break.
Thursday - not a bad day can't remember my food though
Friday - We celebrated St David's day at work so I had a couple of glasses of prosecco and some lovely welsh cheese but only stayed half an hour so not too much indulgence.
Saturday and Sunday - Our anniversary weekend away. I realised I can't eat half as much as I used to but did have both days off plan
Monday - Massive spring cleaning day. I threw away 5 bags of clothes, lots are now too big and some were just hanging around in case of emergencies. It did make me realise I have heaps of clothes and always say I have nothing to wear! Today I've dug out a dress I probably haven't worn in at least a year. It's clearing space for my future shopping trip when I've shifted a bit more weight.

This has timed in pretty well with me needing to kick start the plan again. I feel like I've just been toddling along and haven't necessarily followed it as well as I should and exercise has gone from my radar. I'm hoping to get a bonus at work in April so really want to have lost another half stone and then I can treat myself to some new clothes. So this is my next target.

Tonight I am re-starting the 30 day shred, I've planned a green day's meals and really feel focused on my next goal. We are running low on fresh fruit and veg so I need to get creative with what we have left in the house.

Ben's parents are visiting this week so I have the usual impending dread feeling I get when I know they are coming so I need to make sure I don't let that get me down.

Today's plan is
B - Banana and a cup of tea (from HexA1)
MS - Tea (from HexA1)
L - Root vegetable soup with 4 ryvita (HexB1) with 2 triangles laughing cow extra light cheese (Remainder of HexA1)
AS - Carrot sticks and 2 kiwis
D - Lentils with roasted veg and light haloumi (HexB2). I was really hoping Halloumi would be a hexA so I could have double (greedy guts) but I may have a little bit extra and use it for my syns.

I made a massive pot of soup yesterday and I realised it is so cheap! Carrots, parsnips, potato and a load of frozen casserole veg chucked in the slow cooker with some stock, a bayleaf and some sage. Not particuarly exciting but a great budget meal with minimal effort.

I finally got my new phone this week so will start updating form that to keep me on track through the weekend too and also add some photos of anything I've cooked that looks yummy

Welcome back :)

Well done on the 1lb loss. I know how you feel about just toddling along on the plan, I'm feeling a bit like that myself just now.

I know I'm not doing it properly and I really should be. I've been bending the rules to suit, eating stuff and not even realising I've eaten it and cutting calories to make up for bad things I've eaten where I can which is not what it is about. Going to try to be strict with myself today. Have upped my water intake and re-started my notebook which will contain everything I eat. I've been doing ok but I want to do more than ok!

A couple of weeks ago at group my leader was talking about giving yourself a boost by having a new first week, sticking to it 100%, lots of enthusiasm etc, and that seemed like a good idea, losses the following week were up. Try not to be too hard on yourself though Hun, it's hard work trying to stick to plan all the time, and were all human, we all need to have a break once in a while. Maybe try some new recipes, something to spur you on. Xx

Thanks Emma, I think I just need a kick up the bum and to remember why I am doing this and how good it will feel to hit target.

Well I put on 1.5lb this week! I want to say I'm fine with it but I'm not I'm p*ssed off at myself! I deserved a gain, I ate shed loads of stuff I shouldn't have but that doesn't mean it is ok. It's made me more determined to really go for it now.

Yesterday went slightly away from what I had planned but all still on track. Had an extra bowl of soup in the evening (synfree) as I was so hungry after re-starting 30 day shred. Used my syns for a curly wurly on the way home from work. Stuck to the allowance for Halloumi with dinner and it was yummy.

Today has started well. Got a slight ache after last night's exercise but the good type when you know it is working. Having started doing the little things I did in the new year too, making sure I take the stairs, a walk at lunch time, not hoping on the bus when it's a short walk. Have also upped my water intake, had 1.5 litres at work yesterday, plus 2 cups of herbal tea and then some squash with soda water after exercising.

Food plan is another green day - I'm not missing meat at all but loving the extra hex's
B-Porridge(HexB1) made with water and raspberries
MS - Kiwi and apple
L- Cous cous with leftover roasted veg (from last night's dinner)
AS - Latte (Milk from HexA) and a banana
D - Quorn chilli and lime burger (1.5 syns) in wholemeal roll (HexB2) with SW chips and salad/veggies.

Wish me luck for getting home and having to endure the in-laws (I only hope they don't drive me to drink)!

That's a shame about your weight gain Hun, but I'm sure you will get that right off again. Maybe it's the kick up the bum that you need. Sounds like your back on plan now tho, and I really fancy a curly wurly since I've just read that, might take a walk to the shop. Lol. I do love my choc.

Good luck with the in laws, my mum calls hers the outlaws, might start that too, hubby's mum is awful, he agrees. Lol. Hope yours aren't too bad. Xx

Good luck with the in-laws and try and keep focussed, don't let them drive you to drink!! :D

It seems we're having the same struggles just now when it comes to food, here's hoping it's just a little blip and we'll both get back on track pretty quickly.

Bev - I'm sure this week will get us back on track. I'm having a hungry but motivated week so hopefully it'll be fine.

I survived them in tact .....this time! Took the long way home (to fit in some body magic obviously!) and they were there for about half an hour. In which Ben's mum managed to break a clock in my room and then complained because when it fell it landed on her! They are staying with Ben's sister until Sunday, I think they'll probably spend the days at our house though as Erin (his sister) is at work during the day. The mean part of me hopes they are gone by the time I get home but I know we have the whole day with them on Saturday. It's hard to explain what it is about them, in short Ben's Mum makes me feel like I'm not good enough as she doesn't think things through before she says them so I end up dreading them visiting. I'm a take me as you find me or leave kinda girl!

Anyway back to slimming world, did another day of 30 day shred last night and can feel it working in my thighs which is fab as they definitely need work. It always makes me think of this when I'm finished
index.jpg

We've restarted level one as we took so much time off but actually it still pushes me and I've been focusing on 'my form' and doing each exercise properly rather than just surviving! There is a part called butt kicks which is not glam at all. This sums it up
index2.jpg

We've been doing a good job of using up stuff from the cupboards (when I say we I've been sending Ben the recipes to cook as he's been on holiday this week) which shows that I can be thrifty when I need too! Going to get some fresh stuff this weekend and I'm already writing a wish list for next week's big shop including Mikado (nom nom nom) so if anyone has any ideas or must haves let me know!

Topped up yesterday's syns with some options hot choc powder (2 syns) stirred into FF fromage frais and some tinned fruit (I know this needs to be synned but can't find my book it was a big tin from tesco but I didn't have the juice) - anyways under syn allowance for the day unless it's something ridiculous like 10 syns!

Today's plan is
B - Porrdge (HexB) with water, a banana and an apple
L - Tuna pasta salad - tuna, pasta, green beans, sugar snap peas and sweetcorn mixed with FF Fromage frais and Extra light salad cream (4 syns)
D - Thai style pork patties with noodles and stir fry veg (probably some more syns for sweet chilli sauce)

I'd better go and pretend to do some work!

Last couple of days haven't been perfect but a definite improvement on previous weekends!

Friday
B - mango kiwi and pomegranate with ff yoghurt
MS - banana
L - chicken noodle salad and skinny popcorn (5 syns)
AS - half a cupcake
D - quorn sausages with roast potatoes and a heap of veg ( carrots leeks and broccoli)
More syns - a red velvet cupcake

Saturday
B - full works sw breakfast (bacon, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, scrambled egg and a whole meal bagel)
L - duck wrap ( ben's mum insisted I are something even though I said I was full)
D - pasta with salmon, broccoli, green beans, spinach and leeks with some Philly stirred through
Syns - half a curly wurly and another cupcake

Walked miles yesterday at London zoo. Day was as I expected, too cold for ben's sister who is treating her pregnancy like a disease , stressful taking grace 20 stops on the tube (she head butted me in a temper tantrum and split my lip) , ben's mum moaned about the walking and Grace was really high maintenance due to being tired and still suffering a cold/ear infection .

So today I'm having a restful mother's day. Had a lie in (9am) and bought breakfast in bed by Ben and Grace, plus some lovely cards. Ben's cooking a roast chicken in the slow cooker which smells lush and Grace is snoozing on the sofa next to me! Gonna pop to my mum's in a bit too.

Today's food plan
B- whole meal bagel with extra light Philly, smoked salmon and scrambled egg
L - nothing planned but gonna have some fruit soon
D - roast chicken, roast potatoes and lots of veg

Done 5 days of 30 day shred and may have a day off today. I must remember to take some measurements on Wednesday, it hasn't hurt anywhere near as much this time ( thankfully) but I hope that means it's still working!

Off to make a cuppa! Happy Mother's Day everyone!

Oh aren't families good fun!! :-S my hubby's family can be very difficult too, well travel from Norfolk to near Manchester to visit, normally 4+ hour journey, and his mum etc will expect us to travel around to visit everybody individually (we stay with sister in law). They live about 30-40 mins drive away. And yet they've never been to visit us ( sister in law does). Hope it didn't all ruin ur trip too much. How's grace feeling now?
And also a bit of a question, how do you do a joint in the slow cooker? I've only ever done wet things like stew, chilli, curry etc. do you have to put water in with the chicken? X

I'm sorry, been so busy keeping up with this slipped off my to do list. Lost the 1.5 I'd put on last week but lost a bit of my motivation towards the end of the week but still relatively healthy just not 'on plan'.

Had a good day today despite there being next to no food in the house.
B 2 weetabix, almond milk and frozen berries with a sprinkle of sweetener
MS 2 kiwis and Greek muller light (0.5 syn)
L basic salad (lettuce, spring onion, cucumber and tomato) grilled chicken breast, small pot of bgty hummus (5 syns) and carrot sticks
AS mullet light Greek style (0.5 syn)
Dinner - still waiting for tesco so more fruit with yoghurt (0.5 syns) but will make something small when it arrives.

It was our department cake sale today and I resisted the whole day! Seriously hard! Everything looked delicious.

Have a 2 day conference tomorrow and Wednesday so planning to pop done healthy stuff in my bag so I stay on track.

Off to put Grace to bed but will have a mass reading session tomorrow!

Hi,
I'm doing ok, just not brilliant. I've really lost my commitment, I've been thinking about joining a group to see if that helps but it's just finding the time at the moment. I lost 1.75lbs last week (although my WI was a day later than usual), which gave me a little boost but my exercise is down to nil and I'm really missing it and the effect it has on my losses. I think I'm just a bit run down and worn out. I've booked some time off next week so that will be a good time for me to re-charge.

I know exactly what you mean about time having a big effect, I feel like there needs to be 6 extra hours in the day to get everything done. I really want to lose this weight and I just have to remember that the hard work is going to pay off. I like having meals planned and knowing that they are on plan but at the moment everything just seems to be a last minute scramble. I need a big fat kick up the bum!

Today looks like this
B - Porridge with water (HexB) and a banana
MS - Latte (HexA)
L - Carrot and lentil soup, 2 apples and a muller light greek style (0.5 syn)
AS - Satsuma
D - No idea (See rubbish planning!) I'm thinking something veggie so I can use an extra hexB

I desperately wanted to stay in bed this morning after a rubbish night's sleep and knowing it was so bl**dy cold outside but made it into work. Now I just need to stay awake.

We found out that Grace has a full time place at nursery when she turns 3 (November) which is fabulous news. We currently pay £500 a month childcare so it will be a huge relief. Although it was short lived excitement as our landlords have said they are putting our rent up £150 a month from June. It's the first rise in two years but takes our rent up to £1650 which is almost as much as my salary. Not the news you need when you are already a bit down in the dumps and struggling with money!

I will exercise tonight if it kills me! x

I know what you mean about needing time to re-charge. I was thinking exactly that this morning as I was dragging myself out of bed... I desperately want to keep lots of holidays for my birthday in July and then my trip to Florida in October. I have booked the exact days I need but would like to take extra when we get back. That, together with the week I always take in December, doesn't leave me with many left to use before July so I've been trying to save them :( I really need a couple of days to myself though so I'm thinking of taking a long weekend in early-April which will hopefully set me back on track.

Great news about Grace's place at nursery. Not so good about your rent rise but at least you should still be a little better off. I can't believe how much you have to pay though - that's a crazy amount! The joys of living in London I suppose.

Back