Fit and Fab for 30

Honestly the rent is a killer! Our one bedroom flat was around £900 a month so it was a huge jump when we moved and we still haven't quite got on top of it all. When I look at rent rates outside of London it makes me want to cry. I would consder moving but the house is lovely and the location is perfect for our childminder/my parents and in November the nursery. I had promised myself before Grace was born that I would be debt free by 30 but there is no way that is going to happen now!

There is a group near me on a Wednesday evening but it would rely on Ben being home every week to watch Grace. I think I'd like to go for one session and see how it is and take it from there. I wish there was one on a Saturday morning near me!

I have to keep reminding myself how well I've done so far, I might not be the speediest loser but I'm getting there. If I can get 1.5lbs off this week I'll be into the 10's which will feel like a major achievement.

Lunch was yummy but I'm already starving. Added fresh ginger to the soup which made it really zingy and hopefully will ward off the bugs that have been going around.

It would be great if you could find a class near you. The classes really help to keep me motivated although I still can't make up my mind about the consultant - she's a bit scatty and I'm constantly asking my sister what she's talking about and she jumps from one subject to the next without explaining properly. She is lovely though and really supportive. I'm trying another class out tomorrow (my usual is on Wed) which is a much better time and location for me so I'll see how that goes. Let us know how you get on if you do manage to try the one near you.

Sneaky weigh in this morning showed 1lb off. I really want to try to shift 0.5llb today and then I'll be 10 stone 13.5. There must be some sort of psycological thing that makes it such a big deal.

Had a good night's sleep last night so feeling a lot better in myself. Yesterday I felt like I'd been up all night crying (I hadn't) but you know when you are just physically and emotionally drained and feel empty? It was one of those days and I can't even blame totm.

Today's plan is
B - Banana and 2 apples, tea with milk (1 syn)
MS - Clementine
L - Spaghetti with prawns, tomatoes and chilli (Last night's leftovers - which was super yummy and pretty quick. I'm having it cold though cos I'm terrified of reheating the prawns and poisoning myself) and some green salad, banana,
AS - Muller greek style (0.5 syn)
D - Chicken and spinach curry (more leftovers) but I think I'll stir some chickpeas in rather than have rice.

Need to decide what my Hex's are for today. I might grab some cheese on toast before dinner as I think Ben will be late home.

Used the exercise bike last night for 20 minutes which was a small step in the right direction, did 11.5k which isn't too bad considering how tired I was. If I could fit in 20 minutes 5 nights a week I'd be happy but it seems to slip after a few days. I'm going to try the group near me next week it's decided. I've asked for make up for Easter as I can't risk having an egg (I know I'd eat it all in one go!) but I need to pop out and get Grace one. I've been trying to think up some activites and trips we can go on to keep us entertained over Easter too. Finegrs crossed the weather improves a bit!

Into the 10's!!

Yay! I did it. Only just squeezed into it but the scales showed 10 stone 13.8lbs today. I may have done a little dance in the bathroom after that.

Tweaked yesterday a bit. I knew Ben was going to be late and I was starving so I used my HexA and HexB for 5 scan bran and topped them with sweet chilli philadelphia, ham, salad leaves, beetroot and tomato. Then had a stress with Ben when he got in about undermining me with Grace and decided I didn't want any dinner (stroppy cow). Plus I'm pretty sure the scan bran had doubled in size in my tummy. Syns for yesterday were sweet chilli snack a jacks (4.5 syns), Shortbread finger (5 syns). The shortbread wasn't even that tasty!
Did a session of 30 day shred level one which felt good. I think I'll have a go at level 2 tonight as the exercise bike makes my bum sore but I need a bit more of a challenge.

Today's plan is
B - Apple, banana and a muller greek style (0.5 syns), tea with milk (1 syn)
L - Carrot lentil and ginger soup, banana and satsuma
D - Gammon steak with sw chips and veggies
Planning on walking to Waterloo after work and then home from the station so will have walked 4 miles today on top of any exercise when I get home.
I have a small bar of dark chocolate in my bag that keeps calling to me but I'm desperately trying to resist!

Hope everyone has a good day! x

Glad I'm not alone in the no eating strops. Ben also insists we talk when I'm in a mood when all I want to do is shut myself away til the grumpiness passes. I suppose it's better in the long run but at the time it infuriates me!

Had a fun few days with more syns than usual but no huge blow out. I deliberately didn't ask for any eggs so that risk was taken away but I have had a couple of chocolate nests and some mini eggs but I have exercised every day (not sure that makes up for it but it does make me feel better). I'm loving having time to exercise in the mornings, I'm far more motivated then than in the evenings and it gives me energy for the day.

Managed my first omelette on Friday. I've tried cooking them before but they always end up as a pile of burned and undercooked egg in a heap so this was quite an accomplishment .

We took Grace swimming at the pool my brother life guards at so more body magic and my sister and i took her to the cinema for the first time. we watched monsters inc which is so old but ut only cost a pound so no big loss if she hated it. i took my own skinny popcorn but i did eat a lot of mink eggs. It was a packed family fun day!

Hoping to keep meals on track today! Got our usual market trip planned and a visit to my Nan. Even though I've been busier than ever really enjoying some time off. Also have really noticed the change in my body from exercise after only a few days. My face shape has changed quite a lot since new year and I didn't do my usual wrapping in a towel at swimming yesterday, I'll never be perfect but I've made huge leaps. Mum commented on how tiny my waist is and Ben's friend mentioned how proud Ben is of how I'm doing.

Need to make sure I don't spoil it all with chocolate! Ben treated me to a couple of bits of make up and I bought him some new slim fit jeans.

Happy Easter Everyone. X

Well done for braving the pool without hiding under a towel (like I would!!). It's great to feel a bit more confident about your body, and the lovely comments will definitely help. You're doing brilliantly, well done x

It's been such a busy weekend, Grace is at the childminders til 4 so I'm having a short relax. Sat with a coffee watching towie (guilty pleasure) before I do my 30 day shred and a tonne of chores.

Yesterday
Banana
Coffee with almond milk (hex a)
Sandwich thin 5 syns
Banana
Satsuma
Coffee with almond milk
Bacon sandwich (hex b) 2 syns for spread lettuce beet root And mushroom and herbal tea
Tea with semi skimmed milk
Chocolate 5 syns
Crackers 4 syns
Bacon and mushroom risotto with roasted veg and salad (1/2 super free)

Quite high syns yesterday so gonna keep that under control today. Sneak at the scales shows sts but would like to shift a tiny bit by wi tomorrow so gonna up the super free today. I MUST make sure I drink water today too.

Gotta get my bum off the sofa and get started!

Went a little bit too far with my lazy day yesterday! Slept and ate for most of the day! No exercise and no motivation (bad Emma). I think I needed the sleep but the more I slept the more tired I felt, my body is so used to being on the go with Grace and work that its learned to cope with minimal sleep but when it gets the opportunity it goes crazy. Luckily I got the house all cleaned on Tuesday.

Back to being good today! I put 0.5lb on this week. Had a re read of my book to kick myself back into it. Don't feel much like exercising today but I didn't do any yesterday so I need to get back to it.

Having a cup of coffee (with milk measured from my allowance) and an apple before I get a plan together for today. Have a good one everyone x

Much better day yesterday. I ate loads but it was all on plan. I ate most of it after 4pm which was my very late lunch. Then we had an early dinner cos Grace was sleepy and then stayed up late so had a mini meal snack. It felt good to user syns on sensible things though. One if my favourite things about slimming world is that the recipes can be eaten by everyone, thus week Grace has enjoyed pizza topped chicken (but with full fat cheese) and fish and chips (white breadcrumbs).

Full food was
Thursday
Clementine and coffee (milk measured from hex a)
Mango and pineapple with fat free Greek yoghurt
Coffee with milk
Satsuma and apple
Half a packet ainsley spice sensation cous cous (0.5 syns) with lettuce, ham, tomato, beet root and cucumber
Fish in breadcrumbs (hex b) with sw chips and mixed veg plus tbsp light salad cream (2 syns)
2 pieces wholemeal toast (6 syns) with scrambled egg and mushrooms .

I was really surprised how quick your milk allowance goes (I think I like my coffee too milky).

The weather was atrocious yesterday so we didn't venture far just popped to my Nans but its been lovely being off this week. We've done heaps. Although I'm dreading going back as we have a really busy couple of weeks and a lot of conference food to resist!

Time for exercise and then a trip to the library for me and grace I think.

Pretty good day today except a hot cross bun slip up. It's been so lovely spending time with Grace, she's so funny. Here she is carrying her library books home (and advertising the conferences I organise)

Friday
(9am) Coffee with milk from hex a
30 day shred level 2
Breakfast (10am) Mango pineapple and banana with ff Greek yoghurt
(1pm)Bite of a cheese sandwich (3 syns) I forgot myself and almost hoovered up leftovers *slaps own wrist*
(1.30pm)Half packet of ainsley spice sensation cous cous (0.5 syn) with mixed leaves, tomatoes, cucumber, ham and 2 boiled eggs and a cup of coffee
(3pm) fruit tea and a clementine
Hot cross bun (no more syns for me today)
7pm pasta with tinned tomatoes, onion and bacon (needed more superfree )
9pm weetabix (hexb) with last milk from hex a plus banana grapes and strawberries
9.30pm 20 mins on exercise bike
Lots of water before bed!

Off to a farm tomorrow with Grace, Ben and my parents and nan so not sure if I'll have time for exercise in the morning (or the energy in the evening) but hopefully the walking will make up for it. Fingers crossed the sun comes out!

We are having lunch there but they have a really nice cafe so I'm hoping for a yummy jacket potato to warm me up and shoving a load of fruit in my handbag. Think it'll be porridge for breakfast to start the day with a warm tummy and have some mince and a couple of pork steaks in the fridge that need using so will think of something for dinner with either of them.

Attachments

• image-4027462403.jpg
    image-4027462403.jpg
    685.6 KB · Views: 26
Used all my syns again yesterday but mostly for good stuff! The farm was lovely and the sun came out! Then we spent a but of time in our garden, I've missed evenings in the garden so much!

Food for the day looked like this
Saturday
Coffee with milk (hex a)
Toast (hex b) with scrambled eggs and beans
Jacket potato with chilli (4 syns for possible oil) and salad
Banana
Burger in wholemeal roll (6 syns) with sw chips and grate a veg (no mayo coleslaw) plus lighter than light mayo (2 tbsp 1 syn)
Marshmallows (6 syns )
Clementine

I think we're off swimming today and mum is cooking a roast (saving my syns for that!). Going to have some breakfast and then jump on the exercise bike. Ben tells me he is starting his exercise plan on Monday (I'm sure he says that every week and it only lasts one day!) I've been really unsupportive because he us generally rubbish at sticking to anything. He still doesn't know the slimming world rules properly and it drives me mad when he has to fend for himself and makes bad choices. Anyway it's up to him if he wants to make any changes.

Right breakfast time (although I've been up for an hour and a half already) x

I hope your right about upping syns , you've eaten quite well do ull have a good loss. Try not to let bens lack of passion for this get to you.
chris started off well with me, but has well fallen off the wagon. He had lost a stone, but has been very quiet lately about his weight, so I have a feeling that he has probably put some back on.
I almost hope so with the amount of beer and cider he's been drinking, it's mean but hard to think I'm being good and staying the same and he could stay the same being so bad. Lol.
Hope your having a good Monday Hun, r u back at work again now?
X

Back