Fit and Fab for 30

The cupcake recipe sounds lovely, I'll definitely be giving it a go. Thanks.

A loss is still a loss .....

This morning showed only 0.5lb loss. Not much at all, but to cheer myself up I took my measurements and I'd lost a total of 16.5cms!

Bust -3cm
Chest -4.5cm
Waist -3cm
Hips -4cm
Thighs -2cm
Calf Same
Upper arm same
Forearm -1cm
Neck -1cm

A bodyfat calculator says I've reduced mine by 2.2% which I'm not sure how reliable that is but it feels good to know! My boobs are disappearing though! I'm usually a 32G but have noticed they feel a bit empty (and they are already ruined post baby) :cry:I wish my bum would go first, it's like a shelf it sticks out so much!

Yesterday was a hungry day (so unfair the day before weigh in!)
B - Porridge (HexB) with almond milk (from HexA) Banana and blueberries
MS Banana and mint tea
L - Chicken and Chorizo jambalya ( 2 syns) ( I should have added extra veggies but was too lazy):sign0007:
D - Tomato and mozarella pasta bake (6 syns) with salad
ES - Huge bowl of fruit with greek yoghurt and honey (2 syns)

I need to do a bit more research into the other plans (red and green) and see if I need to change things up a bit. I'd happily have less meat if it meant more bread/cheese.

Going to be strict with myself this week and make sure I'm weighing and measuring my hex's and not forgetting anything I've eaten. We're going to Ben's bar on Sunday and I had planned to just have an off plan day but I really want to lose this week so may just save syns and chose wisely.
Ben is still losing really well despite not fully following the plan averaging 1-2 lb per week.

This is the first time I've stuck to plan for a long period of time. Last time I lost a lot of weight there was no real plan I just ate less and made simple switches, I didn't even really weigh so it doesn't compare.
xx

Well done on the loss. I agree that any loss is still a loss and I always think that without being on the plan, it could even have been a gain...

I think I measured myself mid-December but totally forgot, you've inspired me to re-measure. I'll do it after WI tonight. Hopefully if WI isn't good news that will perk me up!

I do the Green plan every day since I don't eat meat and it's great that you get to have extra bread & cheese etc. I actually thought you were veggie because you don't seem to eat a lot of meat! The tomato & mozzarella bake sounds nice - how did you make it?

I don't eat too much meat because it's expensive!I do tend to open the freezer pick a meat and then base dinner around it though but I'm sure I could do the same with a vegetable. I'm going to read up a bit more and have a look at the 7 day green plans and give that a try.

Measure in cm it makes it seem so much more! The difference in a week is crazy especially as I've only exercised for 5 days so far.

My pasta bake was pretty simple. I made it for 4 so that we could have for lunch today.
300g brown pasta
Courgettes,
Mushrooms,
Onions,
Passatta,
Mozarella (I used 28g each serving but my book is from Jan 2010, I guess you could use more if you use reduced fat)
Mixed herbs
Balsamic vinegar
2 cloves garlic
Large tomato

Preheat oven to 220. Boil pasta as per packet instructions (it always seems to take forever with brown pasta). Softened veg and garlic in fry light and added passata, balsamic and herbs and simmer for 8 minutes.
Mix it all together. Pop in oven proof dish (at around 220), lay slices of tomato over the top, scatter over torn/grated cheese and cook for 15 minutes (or until cheese is brown and bubbly).

You could easily adapt it/add more veg/some breadcrumbs. It was still pretty yummy for lunch today too.

Had a lunch time coffee with friends and resisted the chai latte I would normally have opted for, after seeing the calorie count next to it. (I've never spotted that before!). Had a filter coffee with skimmed milk and sweetner. I do have soem willpower!

xx

My legs are killing me today, I don't knwo if I'm not doing the exercises right or if it supposed to feel like this but everytime I go downstairs my legs basically collapse! A bit embarrassing on the bus.

Wednesday looked like this
B - Porridge (HexB) with milk (Hex A) and banana
L - Leftover tomato and mozarella pasta bake with salad
D - Ham, SW chips, mushrooms courgettes and tomatoes.
snacks - 2 clementines, apple, banana with fromage frais with 11g highlights mixed in. (2 syns)

Thursday - not so great, we had a team strategy day at a training venue and everyone was eating yummy stuff so I lost my self control : ( I did do my 30 day shred though despite ebing exhausted so I hope that makes up for it.
B - Mango and pinepaple with FF yoghurt, Alpen light bar (3 syns)
S - Banana and a cookie
L - Cauliflower and chickpea curry, salad, and rice, 5 chilli rice crackers and a (large) handful of various old sweet shop style sweets (I dread to think of the syn count but they were yummy)
s - Ryvita minis (HexB?)
D - Stirfry veg, beansprouts and noodles with soy sauce.

I was shattered after a long day of thinking and talking so was in bed by 9! Today is canteen lunch day and I've already had my HexB and most of my HexA so it's likely to be the classic jacket potato while everyone else has fish and chips. When I say everyone else I mean all the skinny ones who never worry about there weight and eat anything they want!
xx

My legs are killing me today, I don't knwo if I'm not doing the exercises right or if it supposed to feel like this but everytime I go downstairs my legs basically collapse! A bit embarrassing on the bus.

Wednesday looked like this
B - Porridge (HexB) with milk (Hex A) and banana
L - Leftover tomato and mozarella pasta bake with salad
D - Ham, SW chips, mushrooms courgettes and tomatoes.
snacks - 2 clementines, apple, banana with fromage frais with 11g highlights mixed in. (2 syns)

Thursday - not so great, we had a team strategy day at a training venue and everyone was eating yummy stuff so I lost my self control : ( I did do my 30 day shred though despite ebing exhausted so I hope that makes up for it.
B - Mango and pinepaple with FF yoghurt, Alpen light bar (3 syns)
S - Banana and a cookie
L - Cauliflower and chickpea curry, salad, and rice, 5 chilli rice crackers and a (large) handful of various old sweet shop style sweets (I dread to think of the syn count but they were yummy)
s - Ryvita minis (HexB?)
D - Stirfry veg, beansprouts and noodles with soy sauce.

I was shattered after a long day of thinking and talking so was in bed by 9! Today is canteen lunch day and I've already had my HexB and most of my HexA so it's likely to be the classic jacket potato while everyone else has fish and chips. When I say everyone else I mean all the skinny ones who never worry about there weight and eat anything they want!
xx

Sounds like the 30 Day Shred is certainly working! You are far braver than me for trying it - I think I'm a long way away from anything like that.

You can have any variety of Ryvita Minis as your HexB. I've never had them, might buy some tonight and give them a go as my HexB options tend to be the same thing over and over.

Enjoy your jacket potato ;)

I am rubbish at weekends! Had a 'off plan' day yesterday as we went to Ben's pub for dinner and it was absolutely delicious. I had a roast with all the trimmings, dessert and everything. I didn't even feel guilty as I knew I was going to do it all weekend.

I've done a pretty good job with 30 day shred but took yesterday off as my knees had become so sore I was walking like John Wayne! But I'm starting back tonight with the last day of level 1.

The scales were showing 1 and 3/4lbs this morning so I hope that stays the same til Wednesday although I doubt it given the weekend!

Back to plan today (as usual on a monday).

B - Porridge (HexB) with milk (from HexA) and water and a banana. It actually doesn't make much difference doing half and half but means I get more milk to use during the day.
L - Salad, Ainsley Morrocan cous cous (1 syn as I packed Ben half) and roasted veg.
D - Something with chicken thigh fillets and whatever I can scrape together.

Ben did the market run yesterday so I have no idea what is in but it is 4 days til payday so there is no ad-hoc shopping this week! I need to get home and get meal planning!

xx

Dinner ended up being a rather yummy chicken tomato and spinach curry (syn free) but I did nibble a slither of cheddar and a ryvita while it cooked.

Got back on the 30 day shred wagon yesterday and completed Day 10 which is the end of level 1. My knees are really playing up so I think I need to get some half decent trainers to take some of the strain off them. I stole Grace's hot water bottle and slept with it on my knees to try to ease the aching. Hope I survive day 1 of level 2 later!

Today I've planned lots of yummy filling things to try to distract me from pancakes later (yeah right)
B - Porridge (HexB) with milk (1/2 hexA) and water and a banana
L - Salad (Lettuce, rocket, cucumber, tomato and beetroot) with jacket potato (I felt like a right loser bringing my own potato in but it's 85p in the canteen for just a potato) and tuna (mixed with extra light salad cream - It said 24 cals per tbsp so 2 syns) and an apple
D - Quorn chilli (need to find a good recipe as I used to be a mince and a jar of sauce kinda girl) with rice.

Curious to see if the shredding has made any more difference to my measurements tomorrow. Have found that my jeans are baggy around the hips /waist and knees at the moment. Not really sure of a plan with clothes. Most of the stuff I have now is 14 and my jeans (which I live in and have 3 pairs on rotation) are wearable at the moment with a belt but I'd hope to reach a 10/12 by target and don't want to buy much stuff in a 12 only to need to replace it (fingers crossed) in a few months (especially as my clothes budget is £0).

Right off to make a cup of tea and look for syn free pancake recipes! xx

I totally forgot it was Shrove Tuesday!! Aw, I would have liked to have squeezed in some pancakes but I'm at work all day and then at sewing class tonight. Looks like I'll be missing out this year - probably won't do me any harm though!

It's a great feeling when you're clothes start to get baggy. My work trousers are ridiculous - I do have the smaller size but they are just a little bit tight still. I'm the same as you though, I don't want to buy loads of new clothes in the next size down as I'm hoping that eventually I'll be 2/3 sizes smaller

Awww Bev! I think I might skip them too. The syn free ones apparently taste 'eggy' and the magic porridge ones need soaking overnight (doh! - I could have had these as I've had a green day without realising today I think) and I'm not spending my syns on them the day before weigh in after the weekend I've had.

At some point we'll just be holding our clothes up with string if we don't buy anymore! Xx

I was bad and didn't start level 2 yesterday. Lots of excuses - late home, late dinner, no trainers but basically I couldn't be ar*ed. Anyway I have to start tonight.

Chilli wasn't bad last night and I did have 2 syn free pancakes which were a bit like omelettes. I had syn filled toppings though. Honey (2 syns) and a dollop of nutella (4 syns).

Scales showing a 2 1/4 lb loss this week, which is my biggest loss yet so the shred must be doing something! Re-did my measurements and was quite shocked.

29-Jan06-FebChange13-FebChangeTotal so far
Bust10310039736
Chest8681.54.5765.510
Waist878438047
Hips1009649426
Thigh676526324
Calf424204111
Upper Arm313103011
Fore Arm262512412
Neck333213201
18.5 19.538
Plan for today
B- Grapes, blueberries, yoghurt (not sure if this was ff as was a catered breakfast meeting) and sprinkle of Granola
L - Jacket potato with qourn chilli and salad
D - Mushroom and bacon risotto with salad.

That's a great loss - well done! Better still is the change in your measurements though, it's nice to see a change on the scales but I bet it's so much nicer to see it in the mirror.

Good luck for starting level 2 tonight - rather you than me :)

Argh been AWOL for ages!

Grace got poorly and diet went out the window. She had a febrile seizure (her second) whilst we were out for dinner on Friday which ended in us leaving the meal in an ambulance. She recovered from that well, and was running around A&E within an hour or so but it is the scariest thing to witness ever! I can't even describe the fear of seeing her eyes roll back and stop breathing. Luckily a trained first aider stepped in and was fantastic. Then she's been struck down with a vomitting bug. I'm not even sure what I've eaten or if I've had any sleep in the last 4 days.

Back to work today and back on plan. Scales were showing a loss (miracle) of about 1.5 this morning (I think due to almost being at the end of my period)but will have official WI tomorrow. Missed all exercise this weekend so re-starting Level 2 of the 30 day shred more than likely tomorrow night as I could do with some sleep before that! Such a shame as I was doing so well.

I had a little boost this morning though, I've had my hair cut really short and although I'm not sure about the cut, I've had lots of comments saying that it shows how much weight I've lost. I've also noticed I can see my collar bone and it's never going to be a washboard but my tummy is decreasing. More than enough motivation to get me kick started again!

Today
B - Fruit salad (A massive treat from M&S)and a sugar free cloudy lemonade(odd for breakfast and surprisingly filling but I was super thirsty and it seemed a better idea than fruit juice)
L - Crayfish and mango wild rice salad and a diet coke (heavy on the fizzy stuff today)

The cupboards are empty at home so no idea what we are having for dinner : ( I hate being unprepared but at least Grace is feeling better and I haven't let the whole thing completely chuck me off of my target.
xx

OMG that must have been awful. I'm glad she is okay now - kids are so resilient, I bet it will take you longer to recover from it all than it took her!

Isn't it great when people start to notice your weightloss. It spurs me on that bit more.

Wide awake Wednesday

My scales are obviously feeling sorry for me after a tough few days. This morning showed a loss of 3lbs! This means only a pound away from my first stone. I've never been so surprised! I'm also in the 'normal' range for BMI (just).

Feeling a lot more like my usual self. Mum had Grace overnight so I slept from 9 til 7.30 this morning. I don't think I moved once, I was out like a light. Last night's dinner was a chucked together affair (still no food shopping). Mixed leftover bolognaise pasta bake with some pasta 'n sauce (cheese, leek and ham) and then some courgettes, mushrooms and onions and a side salad.

Today's plan is
B - Fruit salad (other part of the M&S offer from yesterday) and a coffee (1 syns for milk)
L - Last night's weird pasta with salad
D - Risotto perhaps with salad and whatever veg is left in the house.

I'm going to do my online shop in my lunch break and buy this month's slimming world magazine on the way home and spend some time planning for at least the next few days as I've been rubbish at having my hex's this week.

Hopefully all back to normal with the night time routine tonight (Grace has been sleeping with us as I've been terrified she would be sick and not wake up) which will mean time for exercise! It'd be amazing to make my stone next week as this was a rough goal I had when I started and will be just in time for Ben and I's 5th anniversary.

Still didn't re-start exercise (I'm rubbish) was still really tired and in a bit of huffy mood by the time Grace went to bed. I've set a realistic start date of Friday, Ben will be at work so I'll do that and then collapse.

This month's magazine is fab, I think I need to have one evening where I do a lot of batch cooking and freeze it to cut down on time spent in the evenings cooking. Then I can just defrost in the morning and add veg/rice/pasta. Now I just need to find time to do it!

Used my syns yesterday for a treat from the graze box Ben had delivered.

Today's plan
B - Bacon sandwich (we had to buy 800g bread so need to syn one slice : ( I've seen various ways of accounting for this but they involve weighing the bread which I didn't bother to do so 4 syns) a handful of berries and a cup of tea
L- Last nights left over risotto with lots of veggies.
D- Spring chicken casserole (adapted from the good food website)
Ingredients:
FryLight spray
1 onion, chopped
500g boneless, skinless chicken thighs
300g small new potatoes
425ml chicken stock (I use Knorr stock pots!)
350g broccoli , cut into small florets
350g spring greens, shredded
140g petits pois
bunch spring onion, sliced
2 tbsp green pesto (2 syns)

Method:
Fry spray a large, heavy pan and add the onion, gently frying for 5 mins until softened, add the chicken, then fry until lightly coloured. Add the potatoes, stock and plenty of freshly ground black pepper, then bring to the boil. Cover, then simmer for 30 mins until the potatoes are tender and the chicken is cooked.
Add the broccoli, spring greens, petit pois and spring onions, stir well, then return to the boil. Cover, then cook for 5 mins more, stir in the pesto and heat through.

Really looking forward to dinner as I'm not cooking for once! Although I've started to feel a bit out of control when Ben cooks, he is still losing weight but isn't really following the plan at all. He had 4 slices of bread this morning and I had to completely bite my tongue, I guess what he does is up to him. I've stopped really making him any lunch because he either doesn't eat or it sort of feels like he doesn't appreciate it. I think working in a bar packed lunch is pretty odd, especially as the chef usually cooks something for all the staff. I really just need to focus on me and let him do as he pleases (except when he eats from the treat cupboard as if it is all free food and leaves none for me!)

Enough ranting! I'd better do some work. xx

Back