Fitness Tips

Charlotteg1988

Likes to smile :)
Hello!
Any gym bunnies out there able to give me some tips? i just wanted to know about classes.
I hardly ever exercise and when i do i'm not motivated, so i was hoping that someone may be able to give me some tips about which would be the best class for someone like me, the options include: Zumba, body combat, body pump, circuit class, aquafit (but i can't do this at the min)

Any suggestions???

I think I'd start with Zumba. Then you'll be thinking "dance" not exercise. Once you get a taste for how it makes you feel then you could try something else.

all the classes are fun.

body pump using weights and can be a hard, but fun class.

combat involves a massive cardio party of punching, kicking, jumping.

zumba is a dance inspired fitness class which i just love and you can do it at a lower impact til your fitness picks up.

as with these classes the more you put into them the more cals and fat you burn.

aquafit can be good on your joints as the water supports you. i see older people walking backwards and forwards in the water at our gym you could give this a go too.

you could try a core strength class to build up your abs and core. also pilates with do this too. i find that i really am not a fan of holistic fitness as i prefer high intensity workouts.

Thank you both. I think my problem with exercising is that i get embaressed and worry people will look at me, i've always felt like that though, even when i was 10years old at school!
But i really want to try the classes so i think i'm just going to take the plunge.
I think i may try the Zumba first, and once i've got some kind of fitness levels, go onto doing body combat. I'd love to try boxercise but my gym doesn't offer it :-(

Hi hun,

Zumba is great and a real work out that is so much fun! (not to mention burns 500 cals) if your gym has body jam, for me that's quick like zumba but up a level in intensity :D

Body attack is amazing! Hard, but sooo asdictive - and you'll feel like the king of the world at the end :p

Combat is similar to attack but with less running/more punching :p

Aquavit is de stressing and puts minimal stress on the body - I love aqua!

Good for you on trying out classes, I now prefer them - had never worked up such a sweat until I went to my first body attack class :-D now I feel like a cheat when I do the gym alone!

Good luck with whatever you decide, and seriously don't worry about what other people think about you - from my personal experience, they are far too busy either being self conscious themselves or focusing on their movements etc .

Don't worry gun and have fun :) xx

I've decided to give Body Combat a go tomorrow! I'm going with a friend with similar fitness levels to me, so hopefully i'll feel like there is some support at least!
I never work up a sweat and i need to! When i'm doing my own thing in the gym i tend to just give up and go along slowly so it's time i actually did something!!

you'll enjoy combat, its easy to follow :) theres nothing that complicated to do

don't ever worry that someone is watching you cause they won't be. i sometimes look round the class or gym just to see if there's anyone i know is in or if anyone is looking at me. everyone will be the same thinking that people are looking at them.

don't ever worry that someone is watching you cause they won't be. i sometimes look round the class or gym just to see if there's anyone i know is in or if anyone is looking at me. everyone will be the same thinking that people are looking at them.

try having your old science teacher in the class.... one you always disliked. now thats amusing and awkward!

i would have exercised her into the ground. :)

Good luck hun, bet you'll love it x

Thanks a lot everyone! I'll let you know how i get on!

i would have exercised her into the ground. :)

well she only lasted 2 classes (one a week).....

better still, it was one of the instrucors final classes so it was made extra hard. not one 'easy' track in there or anything...

GINA B!!!! Not comlicated!!!!???? Pfffft lol! It was VERY complicated! But enjoyable!

I couldn't see the instructor, so i had to just guess by watching everyone else, i have NO co-ordination so kept stumbling...BUT i enjoyed it a will def go again!
I tried to book for next week but it was full so i'm doing circuit class instead which i'm looking forward to!
I'm doing the Zumba class tomorrow too!

Feeling very proud, i carried on for the entire hour, and even when confused by the steps i jogged on the spot until i got the hang of it :-D

I WILL have a good weigh in next time!!!

GINA B!!!! Not comlicated!!!!???? Pfffft lol! It was VERY complicated! But enjoyable!

I couldn't see the instructor, so i had to just guess by watching everyone else, i have NO co-ordination so kept stumbling...BUT i enjoyed it a will def go again!
I tried to book for next week but it was full so i'm doing circuit class instead which i'm looking forward to!
I'm doing the Zumba class tomorrow too!

Feeling very proud, i carried on for the entire hour, and even when confused by the steps i jogged on the spot until i got the hang of it :-D

I WILL have a good weigh in next time!!!

*hides* erm.... dont hurt me! :D it gets easier!

*hides* erm.... dont hurt me! :D it gets easier!

:D I hope so, it was fun though! I just got a few dodgy looks from the girls that i'm guessing are regular, but that just made it funnier :eek: i did have a friend with me though, so i wasn't the only stumbling fool!

:D I hope so, it was fun though! I just got a few dodgy looks from the girls that i'm guessing are regular, but that just made it funnier :eek: i did have a friend with me though, so i wasn't the only stumbling fool!

oh ignore those girls, they were once new aswell so they have no right to give you funny looks :) im sure they didnt get it spot on first time either (and if they say they did, they are lying!)
theres some in the class i go to that get a bit funny with you if you stand in their place. even if you stand too near to their space they dont like it.... i keep being booted to the back! :(

oh ignore those girls, they were once new aswell so they have no right to give you funny looks :) im sure they didnt get it spot on first time either (and if they say they did, they are lying!)
theres some in the class i go to that get a bit funny with you if you stand in their place. even if you stand too near to their space they dont like it.... i keep being booted to the back! :(
I like the back! No-one can see me :D I keep giggling to myself when i go wrong too, i feel like the naughty kid back in school gym class!
I'm going to Zumba in 10mins, wish me luck!! :p

ooh zumba! im yet to find a good enough class near me!
i like being on front row, but to to the right hand side away from any walls!

Back