Fitting in seats at arenas etc

Loser85

Gold Member
Going to see Elton John in Glasgow tonight but worried about not fitting due to my big aristotle :( Anyone else had this problem? Hopefully it wont be a problem for much longer. *embarassed*

I have this problem. On planes too. Always do manage to just about squeeze myself in, never had a situation where i physically couldn't, but many a time when it's been extremely uncomfortable/painful. Hope you had a nice time at the concert?!

Yeah i've always been a snug fit in any chairs too, really impacted when I have taken my daugters out to theme parks etc, I had a bath this morning and was pleased to realise i could swish the water around both sides of my hips with plenty of room either side lol

there was a time once.. when i couldnt physically fit into a virgin atlantic plane seats.. i was disembarked.. and had to wait till the next flight.. i weighed 440lbs then and I went to the USA and lost 100lbs.. but on the next flight the head air hostess had some compassion and upgraded me to upper class.. which had 22" wide seats... i now only fly on american airlines as there seats are 18" wide.. alas i now weigh 420lb again and have decided not to fly until i drop some serious poundage..

That's really embarrassing! I've flown with people who weigh the same as you and been sat next to them myself (and i weighed 260lb)... we were lucky that the flight was quite empty and so had plenty of room to spread out. At 260lb, the plane seatbelts barely fit me, if i did buckle them they were very uncomfortable and on some planes i had to pretend i had buckled them and just put my arm across my lap when they came round checking people. I should have asked for a belt extender but was too embarassed.

Back