Flavour Ideas for CD Meal Bars **WARNING - FOOD REFERENCES **

judders74

Hi all,

Decided to start a thread to generate ideas for future meal bar flavours, that maybe the boffins/chefs at CD HQ would like to try out.

As a savoury-toothed guy, I am getting a bit bored with all the sweetness from shakes, mousses, bars (I only like 1 soup flavour, tomato - gone off all the other soups at the moment) so wonder what the following might be like...

• Cheese & pickle bar
  • Marmite & tomato bar
  • Prawn cocktail bar
  • Chicken liver pate bar
  • Smokin' fajita bar
  • Brie & bacon bar
  • Stilton & mushroom bar
  • Onion bhaji bar
This isn't meant to be a joke, I really think some of these could be done. OK, in hindsight maybe one or two of the above are a little "Letitia Cropley" (from Vicar of Dibley) but I reckon the Marmite one could be a goer.

Obviously WITHOUT a chocolate coating. That would be too weird.

Any other ideas, friends?

Judders74

Savoury would be nice how about

Cheese & Onion
Chicken & Bacon
Beef & Mustard

Thats enough its making me feel hungry:D

Oh yes!

Cheese and onion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(drool)

Judders

I would love a savoury bar. Have even considered adding MAM to a soup but am thinking it may be a bit minging

xx

Hi Toots,

I wondered about mix-a-mousse in a soup too. I thought it could possibly come out like pate? Or maybe more like pet food!!!

Ooh, feel sick now. Just remembered my dog used to have some beef-flavoured toothpaste. IMAGINE THAT...

Judders

Oooh, I';d love a bar with cheese! Cheese onion, cheese bacon, cheese and.. whatever else !

Hi Toots,

I wondered about mix-a-mousse in a soup too. I thought it could possibly come out like pate? Or maybe more like pet food!!!

Ooh, feel sick now. Just remembered my dog used to have some beef-flavoured toothpaste. IMAGINE THAT...

Judders

Eeeeeuw - deffo gonna give it a miss now!!! ;)

xx

Maybe a microwave thing like lean pocket, or ready made muffins in different flavors for people like me who can't get it right.

fish chip and tom sauce flavour!!!

spag bog.

pasty flavour.

mmmmmmmm................xxxxx

I've been pestering them for a savoury bar for over 15 years! But if they can make Leek & Potato soup (which in real life would be high carb), let's keep hoping.

Some people make a stiff paste out of the sweet shakes and either refrigerate or freeze them. Who's going to be brave enough to do that with one of the soup flavours? (not me!) And I think somebody did make a savoury mousse, which they had with CD crisps.....but the recipe doesn't crop up on here, so perhaps it was horrid?

Smokin' fajita bar
Brie & bacon bar
oooh sounds heavenly

also...

egg and bacon
sausage and tomato sauce

oh my i appear to have drooled on my keyboard!! lol

Back