Flavoured water and ss

lara9768

Hi

I have recently started the ss and have read a few places that you cant drink flavoured water on this. i am just wondering why???
my cdc didnt mention this to me and plain water make me physically sick im just wondering if this stops the diet from working only i dont want to go through this and it not work because of incorrect water!!!

Thanks guys

Hi Hun

You cannot have flavoured water, have you tried sparkling water. Thats what i have as normal water made me gag. If not you can get a flavouring from your CDC that you are able to add to your water.

Apparently its because of the sugars that are in the water but im not 100% sure if that is the reason xxx

Hiya, Flavored water isn't officially allowed on cambridge diet as most contain citric acid....But I know lots of people on here drink the Perfectly clear Red apple still water or the Perfectly Clear Sparkling Strawberry and kiwi, as both these contain Malic acid which might not interfere with ketosis...before trying these you could always ask your cdc for the water flavoring, as i'd have thought it's best to be drinking all the water even if you are having the flavoring a tad early.....by the way forgot to mention i think people only have a small amount of the perfectly clear flavored water, so it would only count towards a small part of the daily water intake. good luck on your journey hun x

I never drink flavoured water, but my friend who also does CD, drinks two litres a day of perfectly clear as she can't stand non flavoured and her losses have not been effected. I think it is down to the individual though, and officially it is NOT allowed.... but making the diet work for you is how we all keep to it.

You can chew gum, but some people find it makes them hungry..make sure it's sugar free tho...also breath spray works...when i did cd i had that in every handbag:eek:

my cdc told me I wasn't allowed to chew gum on ss! :O

my cdc told me I wasn't allowed to chew gum on ss! :O

Well, it sort of is and isn't allowed ;)

Cambridge prefer people not to have chewing gum, but do say if you really want it, chew for a couple of minutes and throw away.

Be warned though, some people find it makes them hungry.

what about flavored water MIXES like Crystal Light etc..? (I am not on this diet but I drink this stuff by the ton load) none of my flavors have citric anything or any acid in the ingredient list)

Back