Florida Fit

Back to normal today, well normal for me. I managed to stay out of bed all day and do a bit of DIY. I definitely didn't drink enough today. I had a small glass of diet coke and a few sips of water, no where near enough I know

Breakfast: x2 toast (heb), marj (2syns), banana and honey (1syn)

Lunch: salad with feta cheese (hea) and ranch sauce (6syns)

Dinner: Easy Peanut Chicken Noodles (4syns)

I decided to move my weigh in day to Tuesdays. Just because I only had one week to lose 3lb for last month and I didnt make it. So I weighed myself today (weigh in should be tomorrow) and I've lost 4lb lol. So I'm counting that as last months 3lb target reached and now I have 4wks ish to lose another 3lbs. So off we go........

Breakfast: Weetabix minis (heb) and milk (hea)

Lunch: Bacon Pasta with cheese (6 syns) and creme fraiche (3syn)

Dinner: Lamb Kofta with sweet potato flatbread (6.5syns)

Last edited:
Glad I weighed in yesterday as today I'm back up to 23.11 and I feel really bloated despite having what I would consider to be a light dinner yesterday and no pudding, I feel full and uncomfortable. Perhaps a star week coming, but i very very rarely have those 🤷‍♀️

Breakfast: x2 toast (heb) with x2 eggs, marj (2syns) and brown sauce (1syn)

Lunch: Baked potato with marj (4syns), beans and light mayo (2syns)

Feeling a bit disheartened. I've been reading success stories and other diaries about people starting out loosing 1st in the first week, and at a much lower start weight than me :-( then averaging 3lb a week even when they have eaten pizza etc. These success stories used to make me feel motivated, but not today.

Dinner: Sweet and sticky chicken (2syns), boiled potatos and purple sprouting broccoli

I was feeling hungry around 9pm. The kids were making toast with peanut butter and i fancied some. So i went to the fridge to get the marj out to make a peanut butter sandwich (13syns), but i changed my mind and got a yoghurt instead. I'm quite proud of myself.

Supper: Muller Light Yoghurt with meringue (3syns)

Total 14 syns

Last edited:
I have my friend and her son staying with me for the weekend. I plan to be good with my food, but I will probably drink too much.

Breakfast: spinach and scrambled egg

Lunch: pasta salad with cheese (hea) and creme fraiche (3syns)

I have already managed to resist ice cream with the kids while they watched Frozen 2

OK I had a mixed bag of a weekend. I was very good Friday except for the 1l bottle of vodka that my friend and my son helped me finish (son is 18 btw). Saturday started with obligatory hangover fry up and then went ok until strawberries with double cream.
Sunday started badly, but then my friend went home and it improved at tea time.
Back on it this morning and one day to 'fix' it so avoiding the dreaded carbs today.

Breakfast: bacon and tomatoes with brown sauce (2syns)

Lunch: salad with cheese (hea) and ranch sauce (3syns)

Couldn't actual stick to my no carb day as the rest of my food menu was full of carbs lol, I wonder if this is why I'm not loosing weight.....

Dinner: creamy mushroom stroganoff (2syns) with rice

Total : 7syns

Last edited:
Weigh day and ive gained 2lbs. Very disappointed, I know i didn't expect a loss because of the vodka and ice cream, but its still upsetting because I tried so hard the rest of the week, especially as now I'm behind on my 3lb a month target. But im going to try something drastic on Thursday and swap over to slimfast for a little trial run. Hopefully avoiding food altogether will help me kick start my weight loss. I know that slimfast is not sustainable, but i plan to start strong and slowly add some foods back in until I'm back on SW, even though Slimfast is amazingly cheap and will save me a fortune lol

Breakfast: eggs x2

Lunch: pasta with creme fraiche (3syns) and cheese (3syns)

Dinner: turkey pasta enchiladas (6.5syns)

Pudding: muller light with meringue (2syns) and a hot chocolate (2syns)

Total: 16.5syns

Last edited:
I'm wondering if I have some sort of food intolerance. Some days I wake up feeling really bloated and horrible and I've put a pound or 2 on. Other days I wake up feeling fine, like this morning and ive lost 2lb since yesterday 🤷‍♀️ despite going over on my syns.

Breakfast: x2 eggs

Lunch: salad with cheese (hea) and light mayo (4syns)

Dinner: Creamy Ham and Mushroom Orzo pasta (6syns)

Supper: half a peanut butter sandwich(5syns)

Total: 15syns

Last edited:
OK so today is my last day of real food for a while, so I'm going to make the most of it and eat my favourite dishes (within syns) before slimfast takes over tomorrow.

Breakfast: x4 bacon on x2 toast (heb) with Mary (2syns) and brown sauce (3syns)

Lunch: baked potato with Marj (4syns) and beans and light mayo (2syns)

All went downhill from here and I ate a whole packet of boursin, which I didn't even order, but arrived with the Asda shopping today haha
Thats all I had for tea though. Oh well. No food tomorrow

Last edited:
First day of my SlimFast quick start detox week.
I've had my chocolatey milkshake for breakfast and my chocolatey milkshake for lunch, not feeling hungry yet and the shakes are actually very nice.
The tub said 2 level scoops per shake so I thought the tub would last me all week (which would be awesome for £4.95), but looking at the size of the scoop inside, that's not going to happen. I bought 12 pints of milk too, but thats not going to cut it either, but im not far off.
I was very tempted to eat my daughters crusts that she left on her plate from her sandwich at lunch, but I didn't, i was good. Im off to weed my veg plot now to keep my brain occupied until dinner.

..........Its 3pm now and I'm getting a bit peckish

..........Ok so I had my 3rd shake and I feel fine again now. I do have my stick of celery and a bowl of jelly for later incase I'm peckish before bed.
My first day has been surprisingly easy. I have drunk my 2 litres (peeing like crazy) and no solid food has past my lips. I am considering ditching the cordial in my water though incase of extra sugars, as much as I hate water, i hate fat more.

......... At about 8pm I got hungry, so had my stick of celery and my jelly (15 calories altogether)

Total 765 calories

Last edited:
Decided to jump on the scales this morning (because I'm impatient 🙃). I know its only day 1 and so i wasn't really expecting much, but somehow I've lost 3lb since yesterday. Im guessing this is all water loss, but WOW. I hope I keep this up until weigh day on Tuesday. I might smash my July and Aug goal in one go, that would be amazing.

3 shakes today, a stick of celery, a bowl of jelly and a cherry tomato.

About 8.30pm I started to get hungry and got a headache, so decided to have some calories. I raided the cupboard and settled on a very old can of Weight Watchers chicken soup (97c). It was actually really tasty, and although my stomach is still grumbling, my headache instantly vanished, I was obviously a few calories short

Total 864 calories

Last edited:
Had my shake this morning and just finished my 2nd water bottle. Still not hungry yet, but planning a snack after my lunch shake. Im thinking maybe a piece of fruit, probably an apple, at (52c)
I did a full lap of my garden this morning, its 0.05miles and I burned 14 calories 😄. I didnt manage anymore than that as the babies were trying to follow me in bare feet and there are thistles and things in the grass at the top end of the garden, but its a sort of achievement, my 2min walk
Had my evening shake and a cup a soup (83c)

Total: 825 calories

Last edited:
I tried to measure myself, but my tape won't go all the way around my stomach 😥 a depressing thought. So i dont really know how many inches I need to lose, because I dont know how many inches I am 🤷‍♀️. Maybe I need to break out the tape measure instead of the sewing one.

Im guesstimating 63.5" around my stomach and back bum.
55" boobs
52" waist
29" leg
17" arm

Last edited:
The days you feel bloated is it usually the day after you had had pasta?
I can only eat Gluten free or I get awful stomach problems and bloat terrible.

Breakfast: shake (230c) and SF porridge (99c)
Lunch: A SF chocolate crunch meal bar (217c) and a cup a soup (83c)
Dinner: shake (230c) and SF bar (93c)

Total 952 calories

I didnt feel hungry today, but i had a desire to eat solid food. I wasn't starving, but i really wanted some of my kids cornish pasty and chips (really really wanted some). I did steal one chip and a handful of green beans, and one teeny tiny bit of the pasty filling. Im definitely going to have to have a meal tomorrow before I cheat lol

Last edited:
Weigh in today and I've lost 10lb. Ecstatic is an under statement. I was really worried that I wasn't going to make my 3lb a month goal. But now I feel like I have some wiggle room later on in the slow weeks. Fantastic.

Breakfast: SF shake (230c) and a banana (89c)

I was actually really full and couldn't eat the whole banana

Lunch: A SF Chocolate Crunch Bar (217c) and SF Cheddar Bites (92c)

I couldn't help myself, I picked some bacon out of my daughters pasta when she said she didn't want it, I dont know how much I had?!?!? (75c)

Dinner: a chicken thigh (140c), 3 hash brown waffles (129c) and some brocolli (34c)

OMG food, glorious food. I literally just spent 20min sucking on the chicken bone

Total: 1006 calories

Last edited:
Today is the first day I have woken up and not been magically 2lb lighter on SF. Sad, although I know I couldn't keep it up lol. My body obviously prefers a liquid diet, I've lost nothing today lol

I went to a sports therapist for the first time today with my bad back. The docs just said lose weight of course, fat people have to pay to go privately, its just a fact of life. Ive got lots of exercises to do to help rebuild muscles ive lost during my back to back pregnancies. I have to go back in 2 weeks. Im very sore now after being stretched about.

Breakfast: SF shake (230c)

Lunch: SF shake (230c) and a SF choc caramel bar (95c)

Dinner: Chicken thigh with Cauliflower Cheese (430c)

Then i ate my kids cauliflower cheese too, as she didnt want it 😔 (286c)

Total 1271 calories

Last edited:
Back