Florida

We drove to Miami Beach and stayed there 3 nights too,we went to Naples to that was nice and good shopping mails even brought extra cases to get stuff home lol. And my trilody of fifty shades of grey which you can't get here at the momment.

Wow I can't wait to go shopping!!! Is it really good for shopping then? I am looking forward to buying some Converse, hoping they are cheaper over there :D

Yeah way cheaper than here for a lot of things. It's a fantastic place and I really didn't want to come home, everyone else on the flight was the same. They just.seem to have a better lifestyle than us and plenty of surfing x

I want to bring home lots of cereal, lucky charms and fruit loops! However that may not be very encouraging when I'm trying to lose weight!!

Just got back we did a road trip all around including the Keys, you will love it! Wish I was still there x

We're going to the Keys in November, we're staying for two weeks, initially I thought it may be too long, but there is so much to do, I can't wait. When going to Florida, The Keys was one of the places we always said we'd go to but never did.

I want to bring home lots of cereal, lucky charms and fruit loops! However that may not be very encouraging when I'm trying to lose weight!!

DD brought home some lucky charms & made sure they weren't shared:rolleyes:

I didn't fetch cerial lol, mainly handbags, shoes and makeup lol was good for all that x

We went to the dolphin mail in Miami was a very good on its open 10/10 takes that long to get round, we had our dinner and tea there, prices were good. X

what about currency? do you change all your money into dollars beforehand or use a credit card? I've heard pro's and con's about both- not really sure what to do!!

We took some cash and also a Halifax clarity card as I does not charge you for each transaction and also gives you the MasterCard exchange rate on the day you use it which was pretty competitive, then just pay it off when you get back.

We ususally take a fair amount in currency & then take it out of the bank, yes they do charge, but for us it's better than having lots of cash hanging around. We don't take out $50 here & there but a few hundred dollars at a time, wow that's a scary thought hundreds of dollars, yikes, good job I'm able to increase my holiday savings later in the year.

I'm really not sure how much to save for my hol! Flights and villa & car rental will be paid for, and we are going for 2 weeks. Not entirely sure on what parks we are doing yet and I'd like to do a bit of shopping too...

We brought all our park tickets before we went - last time we did 14 days universal unlimited and discovery cove, Busch gardens, sea world and aquatica. We all did a day trip to Kennedy space centre. An air boat ride and gator land. We didn't know if we would ever go back and had done euro Disney - although not the same Ww wanted to view the other parts of Florida.

This time we are doing Disney. We ended up spending nearly £2000 for 4 of us including lots and lots of shopping (including a kindle) and we ate out every night - mostly in upmarket places. You can do it cheaper obviously -it's expensive to eat in the parks so if you ate doing it on a budget have a big breakfast, snack in the park and find a buffet style place like golden corral for dinner - cant think of the other places - or eat in your villa. I would say food was what we spent most of our money on but with 10 of us - even though my mil did pay for some meals - they still choose expensive places to eat.

Don't know if this is going to help but below is a snapshot of my excel spreadsheet I have, so I know how much we need I cost everything out & put it on my spreadsheet.
Disney Ticket x 6 parksSeaworld & Busch GardensIoA & UniversalKennedy Space CentreGatorlandAirboat Ride
£246.00£69.00£79.00£30.00£14.66£26.67

We're not going to Aquatic & Wet n Wild, so for us it's cheaper to get separate tickets, you could get a flexi ticket which would be more cost effective. Just incase you're not too sure what tickets are for what parks I've put below my little note I keep which I find quite handy.

Flexi TicketsDisney Parks
Universal StudiosMagic Kingdom
Islands of AdventureEpcot
Wet n WildHollywood Studios
AquaticaAnimal Kingdom
SeaworldBlizzard Beach
Busch GardensTyphoon Lagoon

Oh thats really helpful. I think I'll get half my money changed into dollars and maybe stick the rest in my account to use over there. I have a master card but i'll maybe keep it for emergencies in case I get delusions of grandeur when i'm 'in the mall'!!

Disneys village called Celebration is definitely worth a visit, it's a lovely relaxing place ,you can sit on rocking chairs enjoying a Starbucks overlooking the lake, and take a stroll around the shops & gorgeous houses, I love Florida wish I was going this year :( Have a great time x

It's one week exactly till I go!! Need to start getting things sorted and get a rain poncho by the looks of the weather forecast!

52 days until I leave for Florida ?

Just gotta get my foot sorted otherwise my holiday will be ruined!!!!

X

Back