Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Flu-like symptoms and xenical

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by Diana1967, 6 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Diana1967

Diana1967 Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.76%)
    Diet:
    Xenical and low fat diet
    Last night I was really shivery in bed. Woke this morning and didn't feel too bed so went swimming. Around lunchtime I started to feel light headed and had to lie down. I started feeling shivery again and my whole body has been aching most of the day. I had a few stomach pains a little earlier but they have eased now. Has anyone else experienced anything similar whilst on xenical. I don't seem to have a cold but have been coughing a little. I just wondered if it might have been a side effect. I did have some wine last night too.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. desireeanne

desireeanne Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    23st5.1lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.4lb(1.33%)
    Diet:
    skinny fibre ,
    are you eating enough?

on the pills my period is a lot worse but other than that and haveing the shits nearly every day thats my only side affects

4. Passiflora

Passiflora Dasvidaniya FAT & FLAB!!

Diet:
    WW
    LOL!!! Say it as it is Desy!!:D:D

Diana, I don't think your symptoms are connected with xenical, perhaps you've succombed to the lurgi which is doing the rounds, a few of us have had it on here, but I don't think it's down to xenical.

Keep warm, keep your fluids up (non alcoholic though!!) keep your vitamin c intake high, as you sound like you may be starting to come down with a bug. Hope your feeling much better soon!!

5. Diana1967

Diana1967 Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.76%)
    Diet:
    Xenical and low fat diet
    Thank you. I am starting to feel better than I did earlier today. I work in a school so I probably have picked something up. I have been forgetting to take my multivitamins at bedtime so I am wondering if that might be a contributing factor. I haven't really eaten much today and the shivers appear to have gone now. Thanks again to you both for replying.

6. Rachgleeson

Rachgleeson Gold Member

Start Weight:
    332.5lb
    Current Weight:
    313.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    196lb
    Lost(%):
    19lb(5.71%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers and 16:8 intermittent fasting
    Lol des, i love the way your so straight :D :D

|i wouldnt worry diana, its the time of the year for colds and coughs so i wouldnt think it was the tablets. I know the tablets can give some people headaches in the beginning!!

Hope you feel better soon :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.