Fluctuations.

WINTER.

Okay, so, im trying to work out if i need new scales or if this is normal.

A couple of days ago, in the morning. Before i ate and after i'd been to the bathroom i weighed 11stone 8lbs.

I followed my 1200cal diet plus walking on treadmill.

The next day; doing the same thing exactly...I weighed 11stone 10lbs.

Yesterday, same thing again; 11stone 9lbs.

Today; 11stone 11lbs.

I am taking into account the fact you gain a slight bit during the time of the month but this has been going on for weeks. Ive not been any lower than 11.8 or any higher than 11.13.

Its driving me crazy and thinking im just losing/gaining/losing/gaining is making me want to give up altogether.

Anyone know owt about this? Or been through the same thing?

x

If its driving you crazy I would try to stick to weighing once a week!

Lots of things will make your weight fluctuate (how much salt/water/alcohol you've had and time of the month spring to mind but I'm sure there's more), so it's really pretty normal.

I'm the same as you btw, I often sneak a peek on the scales when it's not weigh day but only officially count it as of "weigh day".

I had a sneaky weigh in on tuesday morning and spent the last 3 days worrying that I wouldn't have lost weight (I had sts at that point from 2 weeks ago), but I have actually lost this week. So if you're like me and will worry if you don't seem to have lost I would try to weigh in less often.

I am the same, it is so easy to get disheartened when you see fluctuations daily or every couple of days. You really do need to step back and take a look at the whole picture; after all it is a life style change - not just a diet.

I agree, you need to stop worrying and really only weigh once a week, otherwise you'll drive yourself mad - it's not worth that. Chose a day to weigh and a time of day and stick to it....hopefully you'll see some improvement - if not throw away the scales and think about what it is you are eating - do you keep a food diary? I've found in the past that helps as you know exactly what works and what doesn't. If you loose more 1 week than another you can go back and eat the same as the good weight loss week!

Good luck
xx

Thanks for the help all.

I do keep a food diary, its on the CC part of the forum.

Just planning to change stuff at the moment.

Higher calorie intake with more exercise.

x

Tarrr. ^ [:

x

Back