Folic Acid/Pregnacare whilst on Lipotrim?

goose

Gold Member
Hello all,

I'm confused. Does anyone know if you can take pregnacare (the conception ones) or folic acid whilst on Lipotrim. I've bought some folic acid as we are trying for a baby but yet to take as I'm unsure if I can. Rung Lipotrim earlier in the week as I had planned to get the pregnacare conception packs, spoke to the doctor there as the lady on the phone didnt know, however he was so gormless and helpless. He said he doesnt know why people bother to take those things and it's just inm your head if you do to make yourself feel better, I didn't ask for your arrogant opinion - a simple yes or no would be fine! He took his time finding the info of the pregnacare website and said yes I could and lots of people get pregnant on Liptrim so no problems etc etc. Wasn't convinced however, so as i'd bought just folic acid yesterday rang lipotrim again and she categorically said no, you can't take anything unless prescribed as it might affect ketosos. WHo said they were really helpful?! as everytime i've rung it's hit and miss.

Any one know anymore?? any advice/thoughts appreciated xx

Someone else was asking about this a while back and rang Lipotrim, they apparently said that there's enough folic acid in LT already :)

There probably is enough folic acid in Lipotrim but if you're trying to conceive, I really would recommend taking a supplement too. I certainly would if I was in your shoes! I take a multivitamin and a few supplements when I'm on Lipotrim and it's never affected my weight loss. One folic acid tablet a day won't knock you out of Ketosis, I would be completely shocked if it did. It's hugely important to take folic acid when trying for a baby. I suppose I just think to myself which is worse- risking knocking myself out of Ketosis or potentially risking the health of a baby? Why not get some ketostix from your local pharmacy. You pee on them (usually in the morning) to see if you're in Ketosis. You could check with a stick one morning, take a folic acid or pregnacare, and check again the next morning? If it did knock you out of Ketosis, you wouldn't take long to get back into it because you wouldn't have actually eaten anything.

Back