Following CD using S&S products?

laurenmay

Gold Member
Hi everyone,

I tried CD in the past but gave up easily, and did the same with slim and save.. so now I have a bundle of both Cambridge shakes & slim and save packs.

I was going to follow slim and save, but I kinda prefer the CD plan and was wondering if I could follow CD using some CD products but mainly slim and save ones?

laurenmay said:
Hi everyone,

I tried CD in the past but gave up easily, and did the same with slim and save.. so now I have a bundle of both Cambridge shakes & slim and save packs.

I was going to follow slim and save, but I kinda prefer the CD plan and was wondering if I could follow CD using some CD products but mainly slim and save ones?

Im not sure exactly how you can follow CD using S&S products tho :confused:
They have different percentages of daily nutrients, so you'd need to do one day of CD and one of S&S etc

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

Welshtigger said:
Im not sure exactly how you can follow CD using S&S products tho :confused:
They have different percentages of daily nutrients, so you'd need to do one day of CD and one of S&S etc

Urgh really? I was really hoping I could CD with SnS packs cause I mostly have SnS packs, but I prefer CD's approach with the steps...

laurenmay said:
Urgh really? I was really hoping I could CD with SnS packs cause I mostly have SnS packs, but I prefer CD's approach with the steps...

I'm not sure what you mean about doing cd using S&S tho! Surely you follow one or the other? Or do you mean with regard to re feed etc?

Welshtigger said:
I'm not sure what you mean about doing cd using S&S tho! Surely you follow one or the other? Or do you mean with regard to re feed etc?

I can't afford CD, I tried it before and still have a few shakes left but only 6 or 7... So that's why I was wondering if I could follow the CD steps but using slim and save shakes instead cause they're cheaper.

laurenmay said:
I can't afford CD, I tried it before and still have a few shakes left but only 6 or 7... So that's why I was wondering if I could follow the CD steps but using slim and save shakes instead cause they're cheaper.

You'll need to follow Slim & Save properly tho for it to work and for you not to be poorly-but if 'the CD steps' you refer to are the refeed program, then maybe email rob to find out the best way to adapt it-altho they do have a refeed plan on the website. Also there are quite a few refeed diaries in the 'refeed subforum' HTH

What differences are the problems for you hun ??

You don't have to have milk or veg allowance those are optional.

I can't see a huge difference!! Both vlcd just different rules/optional bits/number of packs

Well I was on CD for 13 weeks then my fabulous CDC decided she was leaving and not wanting to face a new counsellor I decided to give S and S a go... I lasted 3 days as i hated the products, the taste and the packaging and felt ill! So I soon found myself a new CDC and after paying for the delivery of S+S for me it works out the same price! but now I've got a load of S+S products left over... I'm thinking of giving them to my friend as I know i personally won't eat them but i guess if you could take a vitamin tablet to make sure you don't get ill!

Breaking all rules - i do 3 products a day using both cd and s+s,
Ive been off cd for over a month as i was close to goal so switched to alternate day fasting, but i decided to do a 2.5 week blast back on vlcd to use my packs and get a bit more weight off (i changed my target weight!!)

Its not recommended but ur an adult so just make sensible choices if u feel ill stop?!
I feel exactly the same as i did wen 100% cd, i just eat some protein and veg on my gym days x

littlemumma said:
Breaking all rules - i do 3 products a day using both cd and s+s,
Ive been off cd for over a month as i was close to goal so switched to alternate day fasting, but i decided to do a 2.5 week blast back on vlcd to use my packs and get a bit more weight off (i changed my target weight!!)

Its not recommended but ur an adult so just make sensible choices if u feel ill stop?!
I feel exactly the same as i did wen 100% cd, i just eat some protein and veg on my gym days x

The reason it's not recommended to only have 3 S&S packs a day is because they're different to cd packs, and only give you 25% of your daily requirements per pack-which is why it's sold as a 4 a day plan(or 3 a day with a protein meal AND. A multi vit) think of it like medicine-you have to have all 4 packs-you would just change the dosage that the doc prescribed would you??

Yeah i get what ur saying and i know its not a healthy way to do it so id never encourage it for some one else to do..... Just in my experience its working, i feel fine and im only doing it for a short time!!
And also when ive been on calorie counting diets etc.... And looked at my breakdown of fats, carbs, iron, vitamins etc etc.... On mfp most of it has come up awful - like vitamin A - 7%, vitamin C - 12%, so as a guide for me i never get all my nutriets that i need! (Which prob applies to alot of people too!!!)
Like i said, this is not advice, im just sharing what ive been doing and im getting on ok!

littlemumma said:
Yeah i get what ur saying and i know its not a healthy way to do it so id never encourage it for some one else to do..... Just in my experience its working, i feel fine and im only doing it for a short time!!
And also when ive been on calorie counting diets etc.... And looked at my breakdown of fats, carbs, iron, vitamins etc etc.... On mfp most of it has come up awful - like vitamin A - 7%, vitamin C - 12%, so as a guide for me i never get all my nutriets that i need! (Which prob applies to alot of people too!!!)
Like i said, this is not advice, im just sharing what ive been doing and im getting on ok!

I get what you're saying! With regard to the vitamins etc tho, the packs are balanced to ensure you get 100% of your RDA which is why if you drop a pack, you must take a multi vit! :)

littlemumma said:

:)

sw: 13.13 w1:13.4 w2:13.0 w3:12.9 w4:12.5 w5: 12.2 w6:12.0 w7:11.9 w8:11.8 w9:11.1 w10:11.1 w11:10.11 w12:10.11 w13:10.6 w14:10.4 w15:10.0 w16:10.0 w17:10.5!!! w18:9.11

Back