*food alert* i dont intend to upset anyoe!

Claudia84

Im having a planned night off for our anniversary on the 30th, we're goin to see Alan Carr and my husband as just surprised me by booking an hotel room (love him) so anyway we're goin for a meal and drinks :-/ I'm allowing myself this as I'm not missing out on big things I can't get back when I'm skinny, any tips on restaurants that won't do too much damage, hubby doesn't like nando's so thats out the question, all advice is needed
Thank you xx

Firstly don't drink alchol unless you get your self out of ketosis as has been known to be dangerous, 2nd most places do chicken breast and salad, make sure you eat high protein meals if you want to stay in ketosis, if not then you can eat what you want as long as you're sure you can get back on plan straight after:D

I'm determined to get straight back on iv been on ss (with occasional ss+ days) for 13 weeks now and don't find it hard at all in fact I love it :) I had a planned day off 2weeks into the diet for a family wedding and had no problem getting back on it, I just can't decide where to eat out, we would normally have an Italian but I realise that would just b silly, thank u for ur advice x

What a nice hubby! I hope you have a wonderful time.

Food-wise, DappyMare's right. I think chicken or fish is the way to go. Which city will you be in? Knowing that might help people come forward with suggestions. :)

have a lovely time :)

Indian meal is a good option, you can have chicken tikka and salad, or tandoori mixed grill and salad, or anything not in a sauce x

Chinese will have a good range of prawn-based dishes and aren't generally too heavy. Italian wouldn't be too bad unless it is just a pizza/pasta type place, as they will have meat-based dishes.

when i go out i always order from the childrens menu as i think they are less likely to add butter and a lot of salt etc, and smaller portions, so i am not tempted to eat more. Some people have said some places might be funny about it but i have never experienced any problems, if they do give me a funny look i say i am on a strict diet. I ALWAYS get chicken breast, plain of course and salad, but i just ask for lettuce and cucumber because my CDC said not to eat tomato or onion. But since its a special occasion you could do something more exciting lol!
Have a lovely time!! xxx

Back