Hen Do - Need to know if i am overeacting here

It actually turns out that they went along to make up numbers, as a favour because it needed 10 people each on the stag & hen dos for the stag & hen to go for free! Not sure if that makes it worse or not tbh, but i suppose explains why she wasn't that bothered about them.
- - -

Oh that is priceless! Invite people along to make up the numbers so she can go free, and then be nasty to the people and ask them for more money? What a piece of work!!

Last edited:
Full credit to you for trying to make the evening enjoyable for everyone. Personally i would have got absolutely drunk and told her what i thought of her. but that wouldnt help anyone would it?

I think that if you are able and it isnt going to create tension at the wedding, i would personally speak to her afterwards, maybe go out for a drink or something to eat and just explain to her what you have said on here.

As it is your OH's good friend, you are going to keep seeing them and it would be better if it was on a friendly basis.

I dont know about you, but if i didnt off load to her, i would let it fester until i just lost the plot and had a right go at her.

Good luck and enjoy the wedding xx

I can't believe I've only just seen this post, why is it sometimes they get missed:mad:

Anyway, my thoughts.

Is the hen normally a diva or was she acting out of character? If out of character I'd leave it & not say anything (I don't do confrontation unless absolutely necessary) & just put it down to pre wedding nerves & alcohol. However, if she is normally such a b***h then yep I'd mention it, but you will have to think long & hard how you phrase things.

If you are going to mention it you need her to know her behaviour was unacceptable & you need her to listen without getting bad tempered/annoyed/frustrated. Also if you chose to tell her think about what you want to achieive by it, if nothing is it worth it?

Also I'd refrain from telling OH for him to tell the stag, things just get misinterpretted & 'messy'.

This post says alot about me as a person, I'm generally a 'lets have an easy life' type of gal:D but I won't put up with any messing.

i hope i dont turn into 'super*****-hen' on my hen do!
sorry you had such a rubbish time - and i think a word after the wedding is the best thing - you will have had a little time to calm down and then be able to express how you felt a little more.
I am guessing the outcome you want is her to realise the way she behaved was wrong and perhaps apologise.
If you dont think you will get that - it may not be worth talking to her about it all.
Hugs x

Not sure if relevant (probably not) but as a bloke, had all of that been on the stag-do, I'd not have gone to the wedding and my other half would have went themselves:(

It is very hypothetical, especially as stag-do's never end up like that, they get messy and usually end up in Aberdeen railway station (twice!!) and as for budget/kitty - they can't be done on one;)

I'd figured EB!! You are spot on though - it might make me feel better if she apologies, but it will probably make her feel rubbish, and I'd rather not pass the bad feeling around. Bad karma.

She's not usually this bad - though she does have a tendancy to be slightly selfish. She did turn up to my wedding in Jamaica with her 2 pre school small children and then expect me to help look after them (and got a bit annoyed when I said err NO its my HONEYMOON dude! I'll be in the all inclusive bar thanks!). She still mentions now that no one helped her look after her kids (nearly 2 years on).

Come to think of it - she's not actually that nice. Why am I worry about it??! I weill just go and get drunk on the free wine at her wedding and have a great time with my mates.

EB - Most people get away with murder around their wedding and explain it away as bridezilla moments, and despite the fact I am obviously a saint:) I definitely had a few of these moments myself - thankfully hubby to be was able to drag me to one side and tell me to sort it out!

Not sure if relevant (probably not) but as a bloke, had all of that been on the stag-do, I'd not have gone to the wedding and my other half would have went themselves:(

It is very hypothetical, especially as stag-do's never end up like that, they get messy and usually end up in Aberdeen railway station (twice!!) and as for budget/kitty - they can't be done on one;)

Let me guess Maximus - you got on the first train out of Newcastle and fell asleep whilst on it? I can think of no other reason why you would 'end up' in Aberdeen!

Go to the wedding,with a sachet of brown sauce in your bag, if she p!sses you off 'leak' it onto her dress, or the chair she's sitting on.

Orrrr just imagine you did the brown sauce thing and have an evil snicker to yourself!

I'd figured EB!! You are spot on though - it might make me feel better if she apologies, but it will probably make her feel rubbish, and I'd rather not pass the bad feeling around. Bad karma.

She's not usually this bad - though she does have a tendancy to be slightly selfish. She did turn up to my wedding in Jamaica with her 2 pre school small children and then expect me to help look after them (and got a bit annoyed when I said err NO its my HONEYMOON dude! I'll be in the all inclusive bar thanks!). She still mentions now that no one helped her look after her kids (nearly 2 years on).

Come to think of it - she's not actually that nice. Why am I worry about it??! I weill just go and get drunk on the free wine at her wedding and have a great time with my mates.

EB - Most people get away with murder around their wedding and explain it away as bridezilla moments, and despite the fact I am obviously a saint:) I definitely had a few of these moments myself - thankfully hubby to be was able to drag me to one side and tell me to sort it out!

Oh my god, she expected you to look after her kids on your honeymoon. i think that the word 'friend' is based very losely on her.

- - -
Come to think of it - she's not actually that nice.
- - -

I think we had worked that one out for ourselves! ;)

It's amazing how we go on thinking of someone as a friend for ages, just out of habit, and then realise that person is really not very nice at all. I know I've done it.

LOL! Sometimes you need to write it all down and get an outsiders opinion to realise the patently obvious!!!!!

I feel alot better about the whole thing now - mainly cos I've realised that she's not worth me losing sleep on - thanks girlies for helping me out on that one :).

Now I just need to make sure I look fab for the wedding and take advantage of all the free wine :)

LOL! Sometimes you need to write it all down and get an outsiders opinion to realise the patently obvious!!!!!

I feel alot better about the whole thing now - mainly cos I've realised that she's not worth me losing sleep on - thanks girlies for helping me out on that one :).

Now I just need to make sure I look fab for the wedding and take advantage of all the free wine :)

Ooh free wine, i will be there ;)

well done for what u did to salvage the situation, that takes a mature and thoughtful person- someone she is obviously not. xx

Phew !!!! You got there in the end. I always knew you would.

You will look stunning, if not a little tiddly lol.

Go and enjoy yourself with you OH.

Ooh free wine, i will be there ;)

Can you pick me up on the way through??

In a nutshell

You sound lovely and thoughtful and normal.

She sounds selfish, childish and a spoilt diva.

I know who I would choose as a friend!! x

LOL. You're a little bit out of the way :)

Sally- thank you :) - I don't think I've ever been called normal before by anyone and I will def be taking it as a compliment.

You mean you would not make a small detour???? Shame on you !!!

Normal...........hmmm..... now there's food for thought:)

Back