Food cravings going, going....

Scanbran

Stupid Member
Today marks the end of my first 21 days on Exante.

In that time I have gone from feeling exhausted and ill (first 4 days) to feeling satisfied but craving high-carb starchy foods (pizza and hotdogs in buns particularly) to now where the food has really stopped bothering me very much.

In fact, I plucked up the courage to watch one of my favourite TV shows last night, 'MAN vs FOOD', which is guaranteed to make anyone hungry!

Does anyone else find that their cravings for starchy carbs diminish over time?

For the first week I promised myself that as soon as I was finished with Exante I would have a giant pizza and steak pie with chips to celebrate, and I really meant it.
Now, I'm thinking, maybe just the steak...

Wow, that's brilliant that your cravings have diminished so much. I do find that after the first week they definitely lessen. For me, I know TOTM always triggers a chocolate craving (I know, tmi).

This diet has also helped me to identify some of the non-hunger triggers that have me wanting to reach for carbs - for me when I get particularly tired, even weeks into the diet, that's when I start to crave them - when actually what my body needs is sleep!

Glad to hear it's made such a difference to your cravings though, that's fantastic :)

I am finding that the AAM week is making me think about food more - we had a birthday in the family yesterday and I even got as far as cutting a tiny slice for myself (the most tempted I have been in 4 weeks) but I managed to not eat any of it! Not sure if I will keep doing AAM, will see how this week turns out but for me it seems to be making me more tempted as before I was not even thinking food was an option.

I've been doing a lot of reading about carbohydrates recently, and I was worried that I'd slide back to eating them too often after I finish Exante, so I suppose I'm hoping that a person can 'wean' themselves off carbs. Like breaking the habit.
For me, I'm also hoping that I lose my (very) sweet tooth :eek:

Back