Food Diary (...and the rest) of a Katerpillar

Thank you so much prawn chop suey ( love your name by the way even though it does make me hungry!!) :)

I was sooo motivated before I went away - I just need to get a little bit of that back! I am determined this will not beat me and you are right - I DO want to get back on it - thank you for your encouragement! :D

I feel much better today than I did after WI so here goes nothing:

Tuesday 31st August - Extra Easy

Lunch - Seafood salad - lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, gherkins, peppers, sweetcorn, mussel meat, king prawns, squid rings, lemon juice

Tea - Steak, carrots, peas, boiled potatoes, mushrooms, brocolli, cauliflower gravy (2 syns)

Snack - Pepperami (6 syns), Vanilla muller light with an apple, Tea throughout the day (milk HexA), no HexB!

Bit of a mix and match day as really only decided properly (after a gentle kick up the bum from you kind people! :thankyou:) to stop feeling so sorry for myself and get back on track!
Made the best of the day that I could with already being at work and having nothing in mind for tea - I rang my OH's Mam (who is also on SW) and she kindly made a 'save my ass' tea! Thank God :D

Tomorrow will be a better day - head is focused and am going shopping tonight with some good ideas! Weigh in on Thursday may not be very good but at least the one after that will be - for definite! x x

Last edited:
Wednesday 1st September - Red

Breakfast - 2 x slices of Weight Watchers wholemeal (HExB)with spread (2 syns) and ham

Lunch - chicken and mussel salad (strange combo I know!) Lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, jalepenos, chicken, mussels, lemon juice, 1tsp of ELF salad cream (2 syns?)

Tea - am thinking SW quiche but not 100% yet!
OK I had Slimming World quiche - I made 600g of vlf Cottage Cheese, 6 eggs, mushroom, red onion, courgette, red and yellow peppers, ham - LUSH!

My car just failed it's MOT and I had to pay £400 :cry:to get it fixed and then £100 for tax so am BROKE AS A JOKE for the forseeable! Am thinking green days might be the way forward for me after today!

Snacks / Extras
3 x light mini babybel (HexA)
1 x pepperami (6 syns)
Tea x II (milk - HexA)
1 x 250ml glass red wine (8 syns)

Last edited:
Ouch @ MOT.
Green days are definitely a plan to save some cash. I've been trying to plan a couple of cheap weeks as fish week cost me a blinking fortune!! Keep up the good work :)

Thursday 2nd September -

Breakfast - left over SW quiche (cheese part HexA) :D

Lunch - left over SW quiche (cheese part HexA) :D

It's WI tonight and I only really got back on the SW wagon on Tuesday so am fearing the worst - again! Things can only get better from tonight though - I am not sure whether or not to stay to class - probably not until next week - sooooo embarrassing! :break_diet:

Got weighed at 5.30pm and lost 1.5lbs WOOO HOOO! :D :D Wasn't expecting that so was really pleased! I am going to look at any move whatsoever in the right direction as a positive step now and stop whinging!!

Tea
When I got home the oh so considerate OH had been to the chip shop!! :rolleyes: So I had 4 fish bites with the batter removed (I am going to say 5 syns for this as it still tasted greasy and left a horrible coat in my mouth - may be more but I went to all the effort of taking the batter off that I'm not counting anymore!!) :)
And 1 x 250ml glass of red wine (still got half a bottle in the house so no point in starting the "no more wine" until it's gone I suppose! :D

I went to bed at 9.30pm as I was shattered and the burgers had been put on the George as my OH had a few friends round and they were hungry. I didn't want to sit and drool so made a sharp exit!

Snacks / Extras
Coffee x II (milk - HexA)

Last edited:
Good luck at WI - hopefully won't be as bad as you think x

Thanks Sarah - fingers crossed! :fingerscrossed:

Friday 3rd September 2010 - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Cheeky orange and chocolate hi-fi bar (HexB) - yuuuum!!

I am a PA and when I got to work this morning my boss made me do the bacon butty run!!!! And guess what??? I didn't even get myself one! AND IT FEELS MINT(well, it does now - it didn't at the time when I was stood in the shop ordering 5 bacon butties and battling with myself - "ah go on - you don't get weighed for another week you'll be fine" "just count the massive white stodgy breadroll as your B and the fatty bacon - it's almost free isn't it??" :confused: ha ha! Errrr….no!
Anyway, they've all eaten them now so NOW I feel good! :innocent0002:

I am also eating out tonight AND tomorrow so am trying to save all my syns for those meals. It is just a pub meal tonight and I have seen the menu so will probably just go for rump steak and swap the chips for veg or new potatoes (sometimes wary about veg as it comes out covered in butter!!) And tomorrow we were meant to be going to a Japanese but we couldn’t get booked in so we are going Italian instead. Not sure what to get there - may be steak again or a vege pasta - I'm going to try to downlaod the menu today to have a goosey.

Lunch
Jacket potato with beans and vlf cottage cheese

Tea
I had scoured the menu and had made my choices but then when we got there we were eating off a bloody set menu!!! Bloody typical!
Anyway, I had:
Starter - Grilled flat mushrooms with bacon
Main - Hunters chicken (swapped the chips for veg so it came with peas, carrots and cabbage)
Not sure of syns - more than I anticipated having but heigh-ho! I also had a glass of wine!!

Snacks / Extras
Coffee x I (milk - HexA)
Apple
Banana and custard muller light

Last edited:
Good luck with your meals out this weekend - seems like you have an action plan so well done for planning ahead and making good choices!

Very impressed with you resisting the bacon butties - not sure I could have!

xx

Well done on resisting Kat - takes ultimate willpower - especially if you can smell them!!

Your plan for eating out sounds good - I always try and look at the menu online before going anywhere, makes me feel a bit more in control (or it could be because I'm just obsessed with food lol!!)

Thank you all! :D It wasn't as hard as it should have been resisting getting one - I had just had my orange and choc hi-fi bar - and I really think that having a loss last night when I really wasn't expecting it has made me feel so much more determined!! :stickdance:

Didn't notice your signature - well done on your loss - that's amazing!!

Thanks for the support everyone - means a lot x x x x :D :D

Saturday 4th September - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Bacon sandwich (fat removed) - bread - 2 slices of WW wholemeal (HexB) with ketchup (1 syn - only had a smear)

Lunch
Pork medallions - was having a day of chores as we had visitors coming to stay so literally has these with a little bit of gravy (2 syns) and that was it!

Tea
Out for friends birthday to local Italian - I had:
Start: mussels in a chilli tomato sauce
Main: Pollo Gamberoni - chicken breast and king prawns with a selection of veg and new potatoes (asked for it without the sauce - was v. dry!! But v. nice all the same - couldn't even manage half of it! - v. unusual for me!)

1 x bottle of house red

No idea about syns here either so suppose flexi syns are the best way to go what with me eating out 2 nights in a row!:eek: :rolleyes:

Sunday 5th September - Extra Easy

Got up late so no breakfast

Lunch - Sunday lunch - beef, new potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, gravy (2 syns) and Yorkshire pudding (6 syns)

Tea - Pork medallions and sirloin steak - v. lazy but we love meat! Ha!:D

Monday 6th September - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Orange and Chocolate hi-fi bar (HexB)

Lunch - Jacket potato with beans - feel really full now and fat and minging! Have squeezed myself into some old trousers this morning that don't even do up properly so am bulging out everywhere! Not sure a jacket tatie was the best thing to go for there!! Am such a pig!

Tea - put the slow cooker on this morning before I let for work - extra lean mince, diced steak, new potatoes, carrots, stock YUM YUM! Can't wait to get home!! :eatdrink023:

Snacks / Extras -
Coffee x II (milk - HexA)
Banana and custard muller light
3 x slices of ham

Last edited:
Yum I love coming home to delicious smells from the slow cooker!!
I'm strange like that lunchtimes in work now - I think my body is used to salad so much that when I have a jacket potato (which I did all the time in the winter) I get ridiculously full and bloated after about half of it! Hmmm... thinking soups will replace salad this winter

Your weekend meals sound yummy and well done on your choices, you did really well.
PS - I see your wine ban lasted about as long as mine did!! And I didn't even have a meal out as an excuse!!

Your meal for tonight sounds really yummy, makes me want to buy a slow cooker. I think I'll make a stew tomorrow night.
Like Sarah said, well done for making good choices this weekend and your menu for today is really good too!

PS - I see your wine ban lasted about as long as mine did!! And I didn't even have a meal out as an excuse!!

:party0036:Yep! ha ha!! Am going to try cutting it out on weekdays first i think! :)

Back