Food Diary (...and the rest) of a Katerpillar

Your meal for tonight sounds really yummy, makes me want to buy a slow cooker. I think I'll make a stew tomorrow night.
Like Sarah said, well done for making good choices this weekend and your menu for today is really good too!

Thanks kibou1!! :) It was indeed YUMMY!! I am going to start looking at new recipres though - like chilli or curry - am a bit sick of the old meat and veg that we always have in there! Hope your stew goes well :D

Tuesday 7th September - Red - now changed to Green as have been unable to leave the office to buy any salad so using what's in the kitchen!

Breakfast : 2 x Choc and fudge Alpen light bars (thanks to a recommendation on other thread - yummmmm!) (HexB)

Lunch: Beans on 2 x slices of Nimble (HexB) and 1 light mini babybel (HexA)

Afternoon Snack (if you can call it that!) - was really quite hungry about 15 minutes ago and because I am going straight to my class tonight I though I had best eat now rather than resorting to chocolate and crisps out the vending machine later when I am hank!
So, I had a tin of plum tomatoes on 2 slices of Nimble Bread (6 syns - I think?)

Tea: Start my Level I Sign Language class tonight - something I have wanted to do for ages. My sister's father in law is profoundly Deaf and have wanted to be able to converse with him for ages now so have finally pulled my finger ourt my jacksy and done something about it!

Anyway, that means that I will be late home (about 8.30pm) for my tea so am hoping my OH will have it cooked and on the table for when I get in - with a bath ran and all my work clothes washed and ironed and ready for an early start at work ha ha ha ha - a girl can dream right?? :D :D :D

Tea will now be Batchelors Beef Rice and mini Babybel (HexA) mixed in.

Snacks / Extras
OH had the lad round last night for the football and I STUPIDLY volunteered to make the snacks etc that he had bought for them so they could watch the footballl :rolleyes: Ended up eating more preparing them than I served! Well, slight exaggeration but not far off! BAD GIRL! I swear I was at the chippy when God was dishing out the willpower! :(

Last edited:
Wow - learning sign language will be amazing, especially if you've got people around you to help you learn. Is it expensive to do the course?
Good luck on your dream evening after the course too!!

The course is split into 3 terms for each of the assessments - each term costs £48 so a bargain really! I think that's a discounted price though as it is being run through the Council! Can't wait - well, am a bit scared actually but sure everyone else will feel the same! :D

That's really good value, and it will be fab to learn something completely different. Well done you!

Well done on learning sign language, I'm sure your sister's father-in-law will really appreciate the gesture. That's something I should really do given that we have a hearing-impaired unit within school...Some hearing impaired kids still manage to learn French and Spanish though and it really annoys me when I ask the class to be quiet and I see two cheeky kids having a conversation I don't understand in sign language!!! Puts me to shame really!!!

I haven't done the stew, instead we went out for dinner with my parents-in-law (oops!) but I think I'll plan for it at the weekend.

Hey kibou1! That's so funny about the kids having their own sign language conversation at the bck of the class! :D I am doing it with my sister so hope that we can one day be at the level where we can be out somewhere and able to have a conversation in silence!!! :D :D

Hope you enjoyed your meal out - I'll be having a sneaky peak in a bit to see what delights you had!! :)

Wednesday 8th September 2010 - not sure whether to go red or extra easy!

Sign Language class was FAB last night - absolutely loved it! :D There is going to be a hell of a lot to remember but think it's just a case of practice, practice, practice!! We went through the basics - alpahbet, names, where we lived etc and then I accidentally asked for "a man please" instead of "again please" ooops! :D

Need to try in some way to counteract alll the badnes from last night so am armed wit fruit, veg and water at work today!

Breakfast - Apple covered in Banana and Custard Muller Light

Lunch - Seafood salad ( I WILL get out of this office at lunchtime!) - lettuce, tomato, cucumber, red onion, gherkins, jalapeños, mussels, king prawns, squid rings, lemon juice

1 x light Alpen bar (part HexB) - choc and fudge melted in the microwave - hmmmm!

Feel really quite full and bloated like I’ve eaten loads but haven’t! Weird! I started a water challenge yesterday and though and have had my 2 litres already so it’s probably that!

Tea - something v. light - not sure yet!

Snacks / Extras
Coffee x I (HexA)
2 x Litre water

Last edited:
Wow your sign language class sounds amazing, so glad you enjoyed it!
And... how did your dream evening of food cooked, bath run, ironing done turn into you cooking snacks for him and his mates!! Not quite what you wished for!!

Tell me about it! Not sure how I got roped into that - think I was on a high after my class and just somehow got involved!!! :rolleyes:

Nevermind - I have asked him now to please try to help me instead of constantly throwing food obstacles in my way as I just keep eating my way through them!! ;)

Onwards and downwards as the saying goes......

Thursday 9th September 2010 – Extra Easy

WEIGH DAY!! :argh:

Breakfast – 2 x Alpen light bars (HexB)

Lunch - Nothing :eek:

Weigh in - lost 1lb! Was over the moon - looks like it may well be little and often for me (fingers crossed!) It's frustrating as I know I could do better (STOP THE WINE!) but I'm living my life at the same time and bloody hell- a pound a week will do for me! I am not sure that philiosophy will continue to work but we will see what next week brings. For now, I am happy! :D

We found out last night that as of next week we will be getting a new consultant which I have to say I am quite pleased about. The one we have now is so scatty that she doesn't know a single persons name ( understand in a big class that's quite hard but even when she has just spoken to you she forgets and says - have I done you???!!) and she accidentally read out someones gain last night and then made a big deal of how embarrassed she was that she'd done it - CRINGE! It feels like her hearts not really in it and she's not really listening when we're talking so think it's defo for the best! The new girl seems dead nice so am hopeful!! :D

Tea - Chilli - extra lean mince, passata, chillies, chilli powder, garlic, mushrooms and pasta (had no rice!) and 2 babybels (HexA)

Last edited:
Good luck for weigh in tonight.
Haven't done a food diary for a few days now but I had lasagne and salad when we went out the other day so not very good but not too bad either. Need to go now to pick up my daughter but will post the last two days worth of food tonight x

Good luck for weigh in tonight.
Haven't done a food diary for a few days now but I had lasagne and salad when we went out the other day so not very good but not too bad either. Need to go now to pick up my daughter but will post the last two days worth of food tonight x

Thanks kibou1 - lost 1lb so can't complain :D

Friday 10th September 2010 - Extra Easy

Brunch - left over chilli from last night (had an early meeting at work so no time for Breakfast and was starving when got into the office 15 mins ago - so it's gone!:D)

Tea - Chicken Rogan Josh (from the recipe section - sounds LUSH!) with boiled rice (as the pilau I bought had 7 syns in so am going to do a swap!)

Am a rubbish cook so REALLY hope this turns out OK - am going to simply follow the recipe - what can go wrong?? :confused:

Serves 4 (free on red/extra easy)

Ingredients

2 medium onions finely chopped
1 tsp turmeric
3 tsp garam masala
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp chilli powder
Salt and pepper to taste
Thumbnail worth of fresh ginger finally chopped
2 cloves of garlic finally chopped
4 chicken breasts chopped into chunks
Can of plum tomatoes and some pasata
Low fat natural yoghurt
Fresh coriander chopped

My HexA will be milk in my tea / coffee and my B will be a tbsp of oil in the curry

My syns will be - you guessed it - vino rouge!!

I am having a BB party tonight :D and it is Friday so am saving all my syns for tonights wine!

Here is the curry:

sdc10536n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Hiya Kat, how was the curry? Sounds like a yummy recipe x

Hiya Kat, how was the curry? Sounds like a yummy recipe x

Awww, it was devine! :D Even if I do say so myself ha!! I was really scared of making it at first as I am a complete novice in the kitchen but followed the recipe to a T and it turned out perfectly! I put some fresh chillies in to spice it up and they definitely did the job!! Think I will be giving some other recipes a go now I know I can!!
Yuuuuuuuum! :D :D

Saturday 11th September 2010 - Extra Easy

Lunch - Chicken Rogan Josh curry :D (rice - 3 syns)

Tea- it is my Gran's birthday today so we had a little tea party and all had to bring something each - I took pickled onions and cheese! Mysister is doing Atkins at the minute so that was about all she could eat as well! I wasn't brilliant I have to say - I had a couple of tuna sanwiches, a handful of crisps, some pickled onions, some cheese and some birthday cake!!! Not sure of syns!

Hex's - A - milk for coffee B - well, I suppose some of the bread I consumed but then extra syns for extra!

I really wasn't that bad and the slice of cake I had was miniscule so don’t feel toooo bad! :)
No wine for me today!! :eek:

Sunday 12th September 2010 - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Bacon and egg sandwich (WM Bread Roll 57g - HexB)

Lunch - Pork, new potatoes, carrots, peas, cauliflower, brocolli, turnip, gravy (2 syns)

Last edited:
Monday 13th September 2010 - Green

Breakfast - 1 x slice of Nimble bread (part HexB) with 1 x EL Laughing Cow (part HexA)

Lunch - Batchelors Beef Rice with 2 Babybel (HexA) and jalepenos! Bit of an experiment but it worked!

Tea - Pasta with tomatoes, mushrooms, courgettes, onions, peppers, chllies and garlic with 71g of extra lean mince (HexB)

Was absoulutely boiling! Went a little overboard on the chillies :eek: and I rubbed my eyes and lips without washing my hands - :doh: OUCH!!!!! Absolutely killed! Won't be doing that again! I ended up putting some law fat natural yoghurt into it to try to take some of the heat out and it worked - thankfully!

Snacks / Extras
2 litres of water - done! :D
1 x Banana and Custard Muller Light
1 x Babybel (other HexA) - I think this is allowed - to double up on the cheese for my 2 HexA's - prob not the best like!!

Last edited:
Hi,
As far as I know you can have 2 cheese HEA without any problem. I used to do that all the time before extra easy existed.
I have to say, I love EE but I miss the double HE...I really should try to do a green or red day.

Back