Food Diary (...and the rest) of a Katerpillar

Glad to hear I am OK on the cheese front! :D Felt really naughty actually but if they say it's OK I am not going to argue ha ha!

Tuesday 14th September 2010 - Green

Breakfast - a little bit of the left over pasta from last night :eek: Bit embarrassing that but I have been at work since 7am and I've got no bread or cereal bars left - must do some shopping!

Lunch - DISASTER - my boss came into the office about an hour ago and says I've bought us some lunch! oh-oh! :sigh: She goes into hospital tomorrow and is going to be off sick for 2 weeks and we get on really, really well! Anyway, I've told her a million times I am doing Slimming World and about how much weight I want to lose etc so she thought that by buying us some soup to share that would be fine! Soup's healthy isn't it - errrr, no! :(
It was Chicken Thai Soup from M&S - well, I had to eat it didn't I? She wanted to sit down with me and go through the next 2 weeks and I couldn't sit there while she ate and I didn't - so I did! She also had a chicken pasta salad which I flatly refused (in the nicest possible way!) Checked syns - 12.5 syns! :eek: ......for soup - I could have had 2 glasses of wine when I got in! I can't believe it! :eek: :)

But bless her! I probably sound really ungrateful now - I'm not, honestly! ;) I think it was an absolutely lovely thing to do which is why I ate it! I'm just gutted I've got no syns left now and I'm still bloody hungry!! But worse things have happened at sea I suppose! Ha ha!

Tea
Was late home again as had second Sign Language class - which was fab again! It's starting to get a bit harder now and it's only our second class! There is sooooooo much to remember! I have been practicing loads though and even got the OH spelling his name and saying a few words! :D

So, tea was Batchelors Beef Rice with 2 Babybel (HexA).

Snacks / Extras
Milk for coffee (part HexA)
Felt like I deserved a glass of wine for being out of the house for over 12 hours (aaaaaaany excuse! :rolleyes: ) so had one! (6 syns)

Last edited:
Hey hun, lunch with your boss sounds nice, and just think it could have been much worse... it could have been subway or KFC or McDonalds!!
Hope you're enjoying your green days x

Yes, I agree with Sarah, could have been much worse...At work people are in the habit of bringing cakes and sweets for birthdays, retirements, etc...At least her intentions were good.

I know you are both very right! I really didn't mean to sound ungrateful! ....and it was lovely soup! ha ha! :)

Wednesday 15th September 2010 - Green

Breakfast - Tesco Light Chocolate and Orange cereal bar (was hoping it would be a HexB but had it confirmed it is not! Boo hoo - 4 syns! :( ) What a bloody waste - I went in to Tesco to get some choc and fudge Alpen bars - sold out! Gutted! Will go to the bigger Tesco near me tonight.

Lunch - Batchelors chicken and mushroom pasta and sauce with jalepenos and a babybel (part HexA) mixed in.

Tea - will be SW chips, eggs and beans as I nearly fainted at the cashpoint at lunchtime :cry: - not fair! Going to look for an extra part time job tonight.
Had a part time job last year for about 8 months - in a restaurant that served LUSH food - big mistake! Think I'll look for just a pub this time!

Tea was indeed SW chips, eggs and beans but also a bit of steak and burger as well - :rant2:OH had been having a BBQ at work (alright for some) and had brought the remnants home! Nice!!!....well it would have been had I been on a red day!

Snacks / Extras
Milk (only had one cup so milk tiny part of HexA)
2 Babybel (HexA)
Orange
2 litres of water

Last edited:
I can't believe how many syns are in pre-prepared soups!! What do they put in them??? Oooh, maybe we don't want to know...
Do you work full time at the moment? What with your college course and another part time job you'll be rushed off your feet! :)

Sorry to hear about your cash flow - just don't stretch yourself too thin like suey said - you've got to put your health first and that includes some you-time not just work work work xx

I'm in the same boat this month with our hol and camping weekend... but luckily I've only got until Friday to wait phew!

Hope you'll sort out your money soon and get a job if you really need it, but like the others said, you don't want to stretch yourself too much. During my maternity leave, when I had hardly any money I was shopping almost exclusively in aldi and lidl. They have all the basics and the fruit and veg in lidl are really nice...that might help a little bit x

Thank you for your messages! :thankyou: I will be fine - I am just still paying for my holiday and September is a nightmare for me birthday-wise so we have been out for dinner loads and buying pressies and all that malarkey!!

Kibou, it's weird that I got your message when I got in but had actually been to Lidl for the first time on my way home from work last night and you're right - the fruit and veg in there is unbelievably good value! I have an Aldi really close as well so am going to be giving Tesco a dodge for the time being - or go 'offer' shopping!! We really just need to tighten our belts for a while and all will be fine! :D

Thursday 16th September 2010 - Red WEIGH DAY:argh:
After reading about prawnchopSuey's spinning experience I have decided I really need to get back to the gym! I get a gym membership through work and it is just sitting there idol! :rolleyes: I used to go 3 / 4 times a week - sometimes even on a Sunday! :eek: Day of rest surely! I have just been looking at the class timetable and there is spinning at 5pm tomorrow but am thinking I might just ease myself back in gently and just use the gym and leave the classes for a later date!

Before I went on holiday I was doing Bootcamp 3 times a week for a 5 week course but it's so expensive that I can't really justify it at the minute - especially when I've got a gym there waiting to be used! So that's it, I'm going back in!!!!!

Breakfast - Tesco Light Choc and Orange Cereal Bar (bought them y'day and nothing else in the office) - 4 syns

Lunch - Seafood salad - lettue, tomato, cucumber, peppers, red onion, gherkns, jalepenos, mussels, lime juice, 2 x Babybel cheese (HexA)

Tea - Steak, SW chips (HexB - not measured so probably syns as well although I didn't have that many :rolleyes:!) and an egg and a slice of WM bread (6 syns) and ketchup (2 syns)

Snacks / Extras
Tea (Milk HexA)
2 x Babybel cheese (HexA + 3 syns)
Another choc and orange ceral bar (4 syns) - think I might give them away! Keep eating them!
Orange and choc Hifi bar when I got to class! What is wrong with me! (HexB)

Last edited:
Hi Kat, glad to see I'm guilt-tripping you back to the gym ;)
I have to do classes otherwise I wouldn't push myself and would just stop when I get tired, which you can't do with some fit skinnymalink leaping about in front of you :)
I'm a lazybum at heart :D

I'm very glad of the guilt-trip ha ha! :D

However, time is ticking on and I haven’t been to the toilet all day (v. unusual for me! – really sorry for how horrible that sounds! :eek: :eek: ), I feel really bloated and it is still * week for me!!!! My body doesn't work like it should!!

Not looking forward to weigh in – but then again, I never do!! Just wish it was now!

Hey hun, how did you get on?

0.5lb off!
Little and often - that will do me! :D
Better off than on as they say ha ha!
No I am really pleased as I felt really bloated yesterday - still do today so going to drink loads of water and keep happy! :D

Well done honey, that's great! Definitely moving in the right direction xx

Thanks girls! :D

17th September 2010 - Red

Breakfast - Choc and Orange Hifi Bar (HexB)

Lunch - Was going to have a jacket potato because it's is baltic in our office today but I still feel blaoted so opted for the mussell salad again! I never think it's going to fill me up but it does.....every time! Was particularly nice today actually! I think my head is still stuck in fat land sometimes when I think of salads of rabbit food - they're not at all and are really tatsy! :D

Tea - Steak - lots of it!

Extra / Snacks
1 x mini Babybel (part HexA)
Tea x II (other part HexA)

Last edited:
Saturday 18th September 2010Extra Easy

Breakfast – Beans on toast - 2 x slices of Kingsmill Tasty Wholemeal Bread (800g) – I for HexB and 1 at 4.5 syns

Lunch – Went to see OH’s Aunty for her birthday and was starving on the way back so we had shared one rack of ribs from Morrisons (not sure of syns - 7??). Then we went to watch the OH’s football team play footy but I was freezing so I opted to wait in the pub (big mistake) – had 2 pints of Snakebite – 20 syns! Oh dear! :eek:

Tea – Lamb, SW roasties, loads of cabbage, gravy (4 syns)

HexA was milk in coffees throughout the day

Sunday 19th September 2010 – Extra Easy

Breakfast - Beans on toast - 2 x slices of Kingsmill Tasty Wholemeal Bread (800g) – I for HexB and 1 at 4.5 syns – forgot to buy some 400g bread on Saturday so ended up having 2 slices of the 800g again – MUST buy some proper HexB bread today!

Lunch – OH’s parents – pork, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, turnip, peas, new potatoes, small Yorkshire (4 syns) and gravy (2 syns – only a small pour!)

Tea – Very small portion of SW roasties, chicken breast and beans

1 x 250ml glass of red wine (8.5 syns)

All in all not a bad weekend for me! (except for the pints!! :eek:) Losses are slow and little but losses all the same! However, I would love to be 10 stone by Christmas so that’s 13 weeks away which is about 2lbs a week – I think in all honesty if I am going to reach that then the alcohol needs to be the first thing to go! :rolleyes: I don’t even know why I have a glass of wine during the week – it’s total habit. It’s certainly not to get drunk as I only have 1 glass (on a week night!!) – I think in my mind I think it’s going to chill me out but it probably doesn’t even really do that – I do love the taste though! Ha! :) I don’t want to drink tea or coffee when I get in from work as it would stop me getting to sleep so I need to find a hot drink that is SW friendly and doesn’t have any caffeine in it! Any ideas?? :confused:
Monday is a new day, a new week! So here goes the no drinking during the week!

Back