Food Diary (...and the rest) of a Katerpillar

Monday 20th September 2010Extra Easy

I took some cod loin out of the freezer last night as we have loads that OH got from somewhere! Made me think I might have a fishy week! Still skint til pay day next week though so am going to check the freezer tonight and see if there is enough to last the week – we have some salmon and some haddock in there too so should be ok. I love tinned mackerels in tomato sauce so need to check what’s free and what’s not / speed / superspeed etc and am going to give it a go!

Breakfast – 1 x slice of 800g WM Tasty Kingsmill (HexB) with spread (2 syns)

Lunch – Mussel meat salad and 2 x Babybel (HexA)

Tea – Cod loin with steamed veg and SW roasties

Snacks / Extras
2 litres of water
1 apple

Hey hun, sounds like you had a nice weekend.
I've started drinking decaf coffee in the evenings - plus I make sure I don't have wine in the house now - if it's not there, I can't drink it!!
The other drink I love at the mo is Tesco SF concentrated apple squash, with soda. It's really yum tastes like appletize! The lime one is really nice too

Oh dear! 10 syns for a pint of snakebite, no wonder I put on weight when I was a student and drinking 3-4 pints of it on most nights!!!
I drink a lot of sparkling water at home. For hot drinks you could try peppermint tea or fruit and herbal teas...

I drink pretty much nothing but water. Boring, but I like it. I do like my pints of lager but to be honest don't really miss alcohol like I do chocolate, so don't tend to use my syns on booze!
Good luck if you decide to go down the fishy route :)

I know - 10 syns a pint!! :eek:

I think I'll definitely be laying off them - for a long time! What a waste - well, saying that it was lovely - I do like a pint ha ha! But still - not worth it!!!

Tuesday 21st September 2010 - Red

Breakfast - Tesco Light Choc and Orange Bar (only 1 left now thank goodness!!) (4 syns)

Lunch - Tuna sandwich - tin of tuna, 2 level tbsps of EL salad cream (2 syns),mixed with cherry tomatoes and cucumber and 2 slices Nimble (HexB) and 1 x Babybel (half HexA)

Tea - Cod loin, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, 1 x Babybel (half HexA)

Snacks / Extras
1 x Choc and Fudge (half of HexB) ceral bar melted and stirred into a New York Style Cheesecake Muller Light (1 syn) :drool: absolutely LUSH! Worth every single bit of that 1 syn!

1 x slice of Nimble (2.5 syns) with melted Babybel (half HexA)

TOTAL SYNS = 4 + 2 + 1 + 2.5 = 9.5 so far

Last edited:

1 x Choc and Fudge (half of HexB) ceral bar melted and stirred into a New York Style Cheesecake Muller Light (1 syn) :drool: absolutely LUSH! Worth every single bit of that 1 syn!

Yum that sounds scrummy... I did try the melted alpen light but wasn't overly impressed... but imagine it would be delish stirred into that...
Will have to have a go me thinks

RIGHT!!!! Am back!

Have been a naughty girl and didn’t think I was going to find my way back - but I have just eaten a pack of Rolo's, a Galaxy Ripple and a big bag of Doritos :eek: and in some very strange way it has inspired me to get back on track!

I feel a bit sick at the minute :sick0019: but I also feel ready to start again!

I have just been online to buy some new Bootcamp sessions and I am making my come back at 6.30am SHARP! Holy shiiiiiiit! This is going to be hard but I am really looking forward to it and I know how much I love it when I'm there - well more like after the session has finished!! :p

Anyway, food diary re-commences tomorrow!

I only put a pound on last week (by the Grace of God) and I am away on a training course tomorrow so am going to miss WI (thankfully!) so the work really starts tomorrow - not sure how I am going to fair with the buffet lunch provided and staying over in a hotel tomorrow but will just have to do my best! The damage may be done already - it is now time for damage limitaton to commence!

Our internet has been cut off at work and I still don't have a PC at home :( so time on here is very limited for me :( :( :(

BOOOO!

Welcome back honey!!

Wow you are getting straight back into it enroling back into Bootcamp, and so early!!
Don't worry too much about the buffet, I'm sure you'll make some good choices

And with your new-found enthusiasm that teeny lb will come off in no time!! :D

Ok, I went to group last night and would like to say I got the shock of my life but I didn’t. I out 4lbs on! :( To be honest, I am very lucky it is not more! Up until Sunday I scoffed my face like I didn't have a care in the world! We had a relief consultant in last night who was FAB! I was dying to just leave after I had been weighed but I stayed as I needed to be reminded why I was there in the first place. When she came round to me I was DYING - I was so embarrassed.:sign0007: I felt like I was wasting everyone's time - my own included - and wanted the floor to open and swallow me up! I am almost back at my original weight! BUT she made me feel sooooooooooo much better! She was so encouraging and helpful and just soooo nice! So nice that I almost started crying - like literally voice wobbling, welling up the lot - now that WOULD have been embarrassing if I had launched into a full on breakdown in front of everyone!

I had already drawn the line (_____________) and had been back on SW since Monday. I sigend back up for Bootcamp and have been 3 times since Saturday and it has made me feel so much better about myself - think it must be all the endorphins - but whatever it is it has pulled me out of a black hole I was in for a good couple of weeks there! Surprised I am not single by now I'm telling you! :eek:

So, line drawn and first class over with. I WISH that the consultant we had last night was ours permanently. The one we have now is DIRE! She is so uninspiring it's unbelievable. I know we make our own destiny in this life but a little bit of encouragement for £4.95 a week would not go amiss! I think I am going to have a look about for other groups near me.
I have decided to start again with my weight loss journey and hope that this time I can stick to it! I also think I am going to try Extra Easy for a while and see how I get on with that! Fingers crossed!

Friday 15th October 2010 - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Beans and mushrooms on 2 slices of WM bread (HexB) with spread (2 syns)

Lunch - Salmon salad - lettuce, cucumber, tomato, peppers, gherkins, jalepenos, red onion, cheese (HexA) and smoked salmon

Tea - I started a new part time job a couple of weeks ago so am working tonight at 7pm so will probably have a WW beef hotpot meal before I go (4.5 syns)

Snacks / Extras
2 x cup of coffee (milk - 2 syns)
2 x tangerines
8 x slices of Extra lean honey roast ham

Total syns = 2 + 2 + 4.5

Last edited:
Glad to read you are back on the wagon and that bootcamp is going well - I'm sure that 4lb will come flying off if you keep that up!!
I went to group for a few months in 2008 and found the consultant really uninspiring and beacuse I'm not the type to pipe up and take over the conversation for a bit, I didn't get anything out of the sessions apart from humiliation when my gains were read out (almost made me want to cry right there in the class - no extra probing necessary!). I think that finding the right group where you genuiinely feel supported, inspired and motivated would make £4.95 a bargain.

Might be worth you finding out where that relief c's own group is... she's clearly made a big impact and may be just what you need hun.

Well done on drawing the line... you'll get that 4lb off in no time!!

What's the new job?

I was going to say the same thing as Sarah. Do you know the name of that consultant? If you do you could call SW (I'm sure there's a number on the website, on the group finder page) and ask for her number or where her class is, it shouldn't be far from yours.
Anyway, well done on getting back on track. You're a very brave woman to go to bootcamp, I've looked into it a few times but I'm too scared (and definitely not fit enough!!!).

Thank you girls - you always make me feel so much better! :) I have been a very good girl this weekend (well, compared to normal anyway!) - was tempted to go out on Saturday night but I had been to Bootcamp in the morning and was starting to ache so had a bath and watched X factor instead!

The new job is just a part time job in the local working man's club :D that my OH plays football for on a Sunday morning. It's just 2 nights a week and the extra income is coming in very useful. It's also quite a laugh - some of the characters that come in are amusing!!! :D :D

The consultant is from a place called Consett which is about a hlaf hour drive away from where I live so that's a bit too far to have to go I think. There are other groups near me and I think I have persuaded my OH's Mam and the other girl we go with to try a different one next Tuesday - they are not keen on change for some reason!

Anyway this weekend went something like:

Saturday 16th October 2010 - Extra Easy

Bootcamp at 8.00am

Brunch - bacon (fat off), mushrooms, tinned plum tomatoes, egg, 2 slices of WM bread (HexB), spread (2 syns)

Tea - chicken and veg (boring but easy!)

Extras / Snacks
MIlk in coffee (part HexA) and 1 Babybel (part HexA)
2 x glass of red wine (12 syns)

Total syns = 2 + 12 = 14

Sunday 17th October 2010 - Extra Easy

Breakfast - mushrooms, tinned plum tomatoes, egg, 2 slices of WM bread (HexB)

Lunch - Sunday lunch at OH's parents - lamb, potatoes, brocolli, cauliflower, peas, turnip, carrots, gravy (2 syns) and mint sauce

Tea - T bone steak, SW garlic and chilli potatoes (no 1/3 superfree)

Extras / Snacks
Milk in coffee (HexA)
1 x glass of red wine (6 syns)
Curly Wurly (6 syns)

Total syns = 2 + 6 + 6 = 14

Wowee you were a good girl over the weekend!!
Love the sound of your PT job - I used to love my bar job when I was in uni - it's such an interesting job - cross between an agony aunt, psychiatrist, and actor!!
In fact I found it so interesting I actually did my uni dissertation on pub work and how people change character and put on an act as both customer and staff. Oooh that takes me back (only 6yrs mind...)

Monday 18th October 2010 - Extra Easy

Lunch - Jacket potato with beans and vlf chive and onion cottage cheese
Tutti Frutti medley of fruit - pineapple, melon, blueberries, grapes, orange, mango and kiwi

Tea - Chicken and rice in tomato sauce made with Passata, peppers, mushrooms, courgette, garlic, chillies

Snacks / Extras
Milk in coffee (half HexA) and 1 x Babybel (half HexA)
Packet of Salt and Vinegar Snack a Jacks (4.5 syns)
1 x satsuma (I asked the lady at the fruit stall what the difference was between a tangerine and a satsuma and she said "the spelling!" :rotflmao:
Not sure what to have for my HexB yet - may be one of the Mince Pie Hifi bars I got at group last week.

Total syns = 4.5

Back