Food Diary (...and the rest) of a Katerpillar

Sorry to hear you gained... at least you know what you need to do to get back on track!!
I'm a wino like you!! I've had to stop buying it tbh - if there's a bottle in the fridge then I know I'll drink it. Have been treating myself to a bottle on the weekend, or limiting it to when I'm out, and even then I'm trying to stick to vodka.

It's so hard though... wine's so nice!!

Like the sound of your slow cooked venison, never tried it like that. I've had steaks before and they are gorgeous. Very tender, very lean and have a slightly stronger, gamier flavour than beef but not overpowering... and I was thinking more rudolph than bambi when I was eating them ha ha!!

Hiya Sarah - thanks so much for stopping by and for your comment! I didn't have a gain though - it was a 0.5lb loss - I know I should be happy with that it just seemed so feeble!!

I am very glad to hear that someone else loves their wine as much as I do! Stopping buying it does seem like the best option - I'm just so used to putting it in the basket along with the crisps and the chocolate ha! Some lifestyle changes are required me thinks!

I love my slow cooker! I go through phases of using it for weeks on end and then put it away for a while! It's really handy if you are going out on a Friday / Saturday night and know you will have the munchies when you get in - rather than getting a pizza or whatever and regretting it the next morning - ready made tea when you walk in the door! :)

Congratulations on your weightloss!! Have a good weekend x x :D

Ooops I knew I was tired today but not so tired I can't read properly !!
You shouldn't be disappointed, it's still the right direction.

I love my slow cooker too, haven't used it in ages (not exactly been the weather for big hearty stews!) but I think I'll blow the dust off this weekend. I love the idea of putting it on when you're going out, never thought of that before...

i lost half this week too hun - but next week i am going for a big loss! gonna stick to plan as much as i can this week! xxxx Good luck! xxx

Yep - it is still a loss after all! ....and I am also looking for a big loss next week - holiday is fast approaching :eek: good luck for your week x x I am sure I am can do this!! NO WINE! :D

Wine is wonderful in moderation, it's just a shame i don't quite understand what moderation actually is!

now GIN.... is the work of the devil!!

(Ooops... sorry for butting in! ;))

Ey up Aunite Me! Don;t be daft - you're not butting in - moderation is not something I know the meaning of either! As you may be able to tell! ;)

Saturday 31st July 2010 - Green

1 x hour of bootcamp

Breakfast
2 x slices of Nimble bread (HexB) with spread (2 syns), beans and 2 x boiled eggs

Lunch
Batchelors beef rice and 2 x mini light babybel (HexA)

Tea
1 x homemade burger (85g of extra lean beef mince - HexB) mixed with garlic powder, chilli powder and black pepper with a mini light babybel in the middle - deeeeelish!

Snacks / Extras
2 x cup of coffee (milk HexA)
1 x bottle of red wine - eeeek! (24 syns) - oops! Had a really good night though catching up with my sister so don’t feel bad about it at all actually - I would have regretted it had I just been sat at home but it was for a very worthwhile cause!!

Total syns = 2 + 24 = 26

Sunday 1st August 2010 - Extra Easy

Breakfast
1 x slice of Nimble bread with spread (1 syn)

Lunch
Sunday lunch at OH's parents - beef, boiled potatoes, carrots, peas, cauliflower, broccoli, gravy (2 syns) and mint sauce

Tea
Slimming world fritters and some left over beef from dinner
Snacks / Extras
3 x cup of coffee - (milk HexA)

Total syns =1 + 2 = 3

Last edited:
Monday 2nd August 2010 - ????

Feeling really rough and really tired today and succumbed to a McDonald's breakfast - oh the shame of it!

Breakfast (10.45am)
Bacon and egg McMuffin meal (35 syns)

Lunch
Nothing

Tea
Not sure what to do for the best or what sort of day to have for damage limitation - will probably decide later unless anyone has any ideas (except for not eating ever again!) :cry:

Chicken breast from the deli with brocolli, cauliflower and carrots.
Watermelon and blackberries

Snacks / Extras
Cup of tea x III (milk HexA)

Total syns = 35 :(

Last edited:
Hi hun, glad to see you had a good weekend. I'm intrigued about your Slimming World Fritters - what are they?

For today, maybe try and have loads of speed foods tonight - turkey, chicken or cod, with loads of speed veg, and try and drink loads of water.

Tuesday 3rd August 2010 - Red

Breakfast
Honeydew melon cut into cubes

Lunch
Chicken salad sandwich - bread (HexB), chicken breast, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, pepper

Tea
Extra lean mince, mixed with gravy (2 syns), cauliflower, brocolli and carrots, 1 x Applewood Smoked Cheddar Cheese (20g packet) - (HexA)

Snacks / Extras
Cup of tea x III (milk HexA)

Total Syns = 2

Last edited:
Hi hun, glad to see you had a good weekend. I'm intrigued about your Slimming World Fritters - what are they?

For today, maybe try and have loads of speed foods tonight - turkey, chicken or cod, with loads of speed veg, and try and drink loads of water.

Hiya love, thanks for your ideas for my tea yesterday - I was in a right pickle after that breakfast - the shame! It looks really bad writing irt on here though which I think helped me not go too far off track - felt so bad after writing it down that it kind of sorted me out!
Am back on track today and determined to have a good weigh in on Thursday!! :confused:

The fritters I was referring to are just like SW chips but cut into a fritter like shape! Where I am from that is what we call them but when I think about it that's probably not the right word to use! They are delicious though! :)

Hope you are having a good weel hun!

Wednesday 4th August 2010 - Extra Easy

Breakfast
2 x slices of nible bread (HexB) with spread (2 syns) and crab claw meat (out of tin)

Lunch
??? Not used to Extra Easy - seems a little bit too easy (maybe that's hence the name :) ) but because my head is not with it this week at all I need a little bit of variation with the carbs and the protein!
Think I might have a seafood salad but just not sure yet!

Ended up having a hot and spicy mugshot as had no time to leave the office! Think that's OK on Extra Easy - although I had no superfree foods and won't now until I go home! Confused if that's OK or not? Hope so!

Tea

Snacks / Extras
Cup of tea x II (milk HexA)
1 x punnet of Blackberries
2 x smoked samon slices

It is my last day at work tomorrow before I have 2 weeks and 1 day off! I hope I can stay on plan on holiday but I think that may be wishful thinking especially as there is 12 of us going - most of which are beer guzzling, shot downiong let's get mortal lads! We'll see though - stranger things have happened at sea!! :D

Last edited:
Hiya
Where are you going on hols - sounds like you'll have an amazing time!!

Hiya hun, sorry for the delay - I haven't had access to a computer for ages!

I went to the Big Chill festival a couple of weeks ago followed by a week in Croatia.....which was devine!

However, the food there was also as lovely! :rolleyes:
But I was on holiday and I wore my bikini and I felt OK after losing my half stone! So, now it's time to get back on it!

We walked about 6 miles everyday and as far as my scales at home are letting on I only put on 2lbs - if that's true I'll be over the moon! Needless to say I am dreading Thursday!! :p

Have got a lot of catching up to do - hope everything has gone ok for you over the last 2 weeks :)

Hey welcome back... sounds like you had an amazing time, Croatia's meant to be amazing.
Well done on wearing a bikini too - you must have been well chuffed. Good luck for WI x

Hello Katerpiller, saw your post on the Sex Kittens challenge thread and thought I'd pop in.
Don't worry about your holiday gain. As long as you had a great time that's all that matters. it's only once a year...
I can totally appreciate that it must feel a bit pants to be back to square one loss-wise, but I bet you that the weight will come off much quicker that it did in the lead up to your holiday. Probably in one or two weeks.
Just jump back on the SW wagon.... you know you want to ;)

Back