Food Diary (...and the rest) of a Katerpillar

1 x satsuma (I asked the lady at the fruit stall what the difference was between a tangerine and a satsuma and she said "the spelling!"

Hmmm... I've always wondered that so it's nice for an expert at the fruit stall to clear it up!! :p

Can't wait to get a computer at home so I can get back on here full time! :character00148: :D Finding it difficult to even get 10 mins a day on at the minute and feel like I am really missing out! :( We got out computer table delivered last night so I suppose that's a step in the right direction!

Anyway, to catch up……..

Tuesday 21st October 2010 - Extra Easy

Dragged myself out of bed at 6am for Bootcamp to get there and the instrcutor be off sick!!! :grumble: So I went back to bef for an hour!

I was out of the office training with work all so options were very limited.

Breakfast - Mince Pie Hifi Bar (HexB)

Lunch - Pasta Arrabiatta - am going to say 6 syns (no idea really but was basically just pasta and what tasted like tomato sauce out of a jar - pretty horrible reallly but I was starviong by this point. I turned doen the free garlic bread like a good girl!

Tea - Tuna, pepper, courgette, onion, mushrooms, chillies and garlic mixed with passata - just ate this on it's own.

I had to rush out to Sign Language course so didn't have time to make any pasta! :)

Later on - tuna and sweetcorn fritters - these were a bit bland - next time I will use some more herbs.

Extras / Snacks
Milk in coffe (HexA)
3 x garibaldi biscuits (6 syns)

Total syns = 6 + 6 = 12

Wednesday 20th October 2010 - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 x slices of WM bread (HexB) with 2 Babybels (HexA) and spread (2 syns).

Lunch - Jacket potato with beans and vlf chive and onion cottage cheese
Melon and grape medley

Tea - 2 x chicken kebabs

Extras / Snacks
Milk for coffee x 3 (3 syns)
PAcket of salt and vinegar snack a jacks (4.5 syns)
Small glass of red wine (6 syns)
2 x tangerine
2l of water

Total syns = 2 + 3 + 4.5 + 6 = 15.5

Thursday 21st October 2010 - Extra Easy - Weigh Day

Bootcamp at 6.30am

Breakfast - 2 x slices of WM bread (HexB), 2 x poached eggs and mushrooms

Lunch - chicken and chorizo salad - lettuce, cucumber, tomato, red onion, peppers, jalepenos, gherkins, chicken, sh*t loads of Chorizo :eek: :eek: :eek: and lemon juice (26 syns :eek:) The most expenssively synned salad I have EVER eaten! Shame on me!

Tea - I am working tonight and have made the mistake of preparing nothing for tea. I am going to group tonight but not staying so I will dash home and make some tuna rice to take with me.
So, tuna, pepper, courgette, onion, mushrooms, chillies and garlic mixed with passata with rice (this is my fav. meal at the minute!)

Extras / Snacks
2 x slice of cooked chicken
1 x Babybel (half HexA)
Milk in coffee (other half of HexA)

Total syns = 2 +26

Last edited:
Dragged myself out of bed at 6am for Bootcamp to get there and the instrcutor be off sick!!! :grumble:

That's rubbish!!
Food diaries are still looking good my dear :)

OMG I have just had a total half hour of madness! I went to buy my normal salad and then to Tesco to buy some chicken to go with it. I spotted the Chorizo out the corner of my eye and thought I would buy that too and have a little bit with my salad! Well now I have eaten half of it and just checked - 26 SYNS! :eek: I knew at the time I shouldn't buy it as I have ZERO willpower but thought maybe now I'm back on track with everything I could trust myself a little bit! Wrong! Urrrrgh! I am such an idiot! It tasted sensational mind you! I think an extra bootcamp this week might be in order! :rolleyes:

That's rubbish!!
Food diaries are still looking good my dear :)

I know I couldn't believe it! Bless her, she was really ill but I was still gutted that hauled myself out of my cosy bed for nothing! :rolleyes:
Thanks for your comment but food diary seems to have gone belly up in the last hour - see above! It's OK though - I;ve been craving chorizo for ages now so it will be a long time until I buy it again!!

Ooops :)

I am the same, I daren't buy things I really like that are high in syns because even if I tried to kid myself that I could eat a tiny bit each day, I soooo wouldn't - the whole lot would be gone in seconds. I'm impressed that you only ate HALF ;)

random question but is mint sauce free syns? as i've been avoiding it but me and oh love it! am i missing out?! xx

random question but is mint sauce free syns? as i've been avoiding it but me and oh love it! am i missing out?! xx

Hi rhd85! Thanks for stopping by :D
Only sugar free mint sauce is free. Colman's Garden Mint is free and is luuuurvely! I love mint sauce too!!! :D

Ooops :)

I am the same, I daren't buy things I really like that are high in syns because even if I tried to kid myself that I could eat a tiny bit each day, I soooo wouldn't - the whole lot would be gone in seconds. I'm impressed that you only ate HALF ;)

I know - the other half is in the fridge and I am going to give it to my sister tonight to get it OUT OF MY SIGHT !!! :) Don't know why I ever thought I'd be able to resist! :rolleyes:

Right, am off in about half an hour and not back until Monday so I have written a food plan for the next 3 days! After my BAD BAD day today I am going to try for some 100%ers!

Here it is:

next3days150x150p1.jpg

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! It was not meant to be that big!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

Will try to sort it out!

Your menus look really good. Forget about the chorizo now, you had the craving, you gave in, now you won't crave it anymore (but giving it to your sister asap is a good idea, just in case ;)). I'm surprised chorizo is so high in syns. When I went on holiday in Spain I had brought some back and synned it and it didn't seem to be that bad...Now I might just have worked out why I had put on half a stone :eek:
Have a lovely weekend x

Hey honey, how are you doing? Don't worry about your chorizo blow out - it could have been much worse!!
I am surprised it's so much though... as the cooking chorizo is only 5syns per 28g... strange. It is sooo good though and again well done for resisting the other half of the packet!
Did you have a nice weekend?x

Hiya,
Yeah had a fab weekend! Went a little of plan but not loads - however, Monday was a different story - ate everything I could get my hands on! Oops! Am trying a different group tomorrow so thinking of it as a fresh start (not sure how many fresh starts are allowed but I am thinking I must have nearly used my quota! :D)

Anyway - onwards:

Tuesday 26 October 2010 - Green

Am back on the green / red plans for now. Finding it difficult to incorporate 1/3 superfree and my portion control was getting way out of hand!

So……

Breakfast - 1 x Satsuma (pathetic I know but was late for work and that was all I had in!!

Lunch - Jacket potato with beans and cheese (2 x HexA) - forgot how much I love beans and cheese mixed together! and how filling it is!!!

Tea - going to have SW chips (hmmm!), beans, poached egg and mushrooms. Just bought a 'Quickachips' to try tonight so will report how I get on. Am dying to try some Buttenut Squash chips but have never even attempted to cooks a BNS so am going to look for tips on how best to do these. These can wait until after Friday - pay day! YAAY!!

Snacks - 2 x Satsuma

Let us know what the quickachips is like... might have to get one.
BNS chips are easy - just cut the BNS into chip shapes, and cook in the oven like you would potatoes - but no need to preboil as they cook faster. They're a pain in the bum to cut up sometimes though really really hard!!
And they're dead cheap in Lidl - I think I picked one up for about 60p!

Don't worry about your blip - you can have as many fresh starts as you need honey!!

Yoooo hooo! :D

Suey you may just have pulled me out of a black hole that was swallowing me whole along with Kinder Santas, Milkybar bears and all other Christmas chocolate delights that I have been merrily scoffing my way through!! :sigh:

I have been a naughty (not so) little SW'er I tell you!

I fell off the SW wagon in early November and haven't been back on it since! I tried to pretend that I was "healthy eating" but I wasn't! I was still going to Bootcamp 3 times a week though so I think that helped to reign in any huge weight gain! I weigh in now at home at 11 stone 9 (this morning…..can fluctuate!) so no real damage done but no beef off either!

I had 3 weeks off Booty over Christmas and started back on Saturday morning - am still finding it difficult to walk down the stairs now! Ouch! Was a shock to the system but VERY good to be back and off my lazy backside!

One of my best friends is getting married in July and I am her bridesmaid - we go to Bootcamp together and she started SW last Wednesday. I can't get to that class so I am going to start going to the one on a Monday near to my house. Anything's got to be better than the last group I went to where the C was about as inspiring as a plank of wood! :rolleyes: Anyway, it's fair to say I'm very nervous about re-joining and hoping I don’t fail so spectacularly again! Am deliberating whether to start tonight - which I am NOT prepared for AT ALL mentally - or to just go next week!! I know it's probably best to go tonight but it all seems very quick!

Oooo, also anothert thing that has made me want to get back on the SW wagon is that I got an Actifry off Santa (AKA my Mam!) and it is FAB! The chips and roasties are beautiful with literally a drizzle of oil! well worth the HexB or the 2 syns for 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil (if cooking for this really is all you need!)

Anyway, thank you:thankyou: so much for the nudge and fingers crossed this goes well!

I will be having a peek in the diaries very soon and hope everyone has been doing well x x

Welcome back hun, good to see you back on the wagon!

Back