Food Diary (...and the rest) of a Katerpillar

Awww God I've got the munchies today!!!! :sigh: I think it might be because I went to Bootcamp this morning and it was extra hard - like unable to talk / breathe / crack a smile hard! - my body is craving food!!!!

I have just eaten a cholocte biscuit worth 5 syns! :( - I am sooooo glad it was the last one in the box or I think I'd have eaten a lot more! I have also eaten a whole punnet of strawberries and I am currently drinking a cup of tea to attempt to keep this horrible hunger at bay! I think the strawberries are starting to work though, thank goodness! :rolleyes:

hi Kat,

Well done on the weekend, just think of the beef sandwich as a reward fr resisting so much for the rest of the weekend!
My weekend was a bit dodgy but I still had a loss on Monday so all is good.

I made SW pizza tonight but using the tesco wholemeal bread mix as 2 HexBs. Never fancied Smash much. I was quite impressed, it was a nice pizza! Going to blow some serious synnage on pancakes now :)
Hope the munchie monster has left you alone now :)

Okay I'll admit - I make my pizza unsoggy by using puree rather than passatta (I know, I know - syns) and it comes out REALLY nice.
Sometimes (If I want to use a syn) I will use bbq sauce instead.. gona have these a lot this week as feeling the need for some green days (all this fish and reds obviously lead me to BINGE!) so will post a pic or something.

mwah x

YOU TWO! Congrats on your losses after dodgy weekend.. this makes me hopeful for tonight's WI.. duh duh duuuuh. :O

:vibes: :vibes:

Just jumping in on the Smash pizza discussion... I always make sure I squash the smash out really really thinly and cook through thoroughly on both sides in the oven before adding any toppings... I use passatta and it turns out fine x

Just jumping in on the Smash pizza discussion... I always make sure I squash the smash out really really thinly and cook through thoroughly on both sides in the oven before adding any toppings... I use passatta and it turns out fine x

aha yeah me too - I really love smash pizza.. because I think I have finally got it just right after a gazillion attempts! Think th emini ones go down best as easier to cook!
I bake the pizza and then grill the toppings.. nomnom! mozerella for me on the way home - going to make a huuuuugggeeee one! x

Don't forget loads of oregano too mmmmm nomnomnom

Although with my current pregnancy energy levels I am only capable of putting a ready made pizza in the oven (I know bad girl) but as soon as I have my energy back I WILL be cooking again!

Wednesday 9th March 2011 - Extra Easy

Been informed today we will be receiving Early Warning notices and going through the redundancy process starting in April! Bad times…. :(

Also my car decided to go all huffy on me this morning so have taken it to the garage - not sure if it's a scrapyard in the sky job - it is well past its best that's for sure!

OH was also told that the Newcastle office was closing so likely he will be made redundance too! BAD, BAD times! :( :(

So sorry to moan and whinge - in a FOOD diary of all places but need to vent some stress!!!

On the plus side, all is going to plan today so far………..:D

Breakfast - Banana and 1 Aplen Light (1/2 HexB)

Lunch - Mussell salad followed by Strawberry Muller light and 1 Alpen Light (1/2 HexB)

Tea - Pork chop with brocolli, cauliflower and peas

Healthy Extras
A - milk in coffee / tea
B - 2 Alpen Light bars

Snacks
4 mini chocolates (8 syns)
1 tin of mackerel in tomato sauce - was v. hungry waiting for OH to come and pick me up and it was the only free thing in the office!
1/4 pitta bread (2 syns) with some SW hummus
Belgian Choc Options (2 syns) stirred into FF Fromage Frais

No wine.....as yet :innocent0002:

Total syns - 8 + 2 + 2 = 12

Syns for the week = 26.5 / 105

Attachments

• mussell sal.jpg
    mussell sal.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Thank you all for your pizza tips - I think I might try again!!
Picture attached of what came out last time!!

Attachments

• pizza.jpg
    pizza.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 34
  • pizza slice.jpg
    pizza slice.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 39
LOL at your pizzas! I'm definitely going to have one tonight after my dreaded WI!

Sucks about jobs hun (and your car) hope all is well. As your OH works in Newcastle do you live there? I lived in Newcastle for the last four years :/ I could have come round and made you the smash pizza! x

p.s. closely analysing your pic.. maybe pizza was too thick? hmm will definitely post a pic for you tonight! x

I know the pizza was a big mass of mush! :eek: I WILL try again and it WILL work! :)

Thank you for your well wishes! I live in Chester-le-Street and work in Durham and OH currently works in Middlesbrough but his HO is based in Newcastle. He is a Senior Site Engineer for a Construction Company so work as been very thin on the ground for them in the last couple of years - damn recession!!!! :( He has been looking at work in Dubai as apparently there are quite a lot of construction jobs over there - I have obviously been encouraging this - get me out of the country for a couple of years PLEASE!!! :DWe have been looking at Pet Passports for our dogs too!!!! :D :D :D

So were you in Newcastle for work?? Where do you live now? What a shame - I think my pizza could definitel have done with your magic touch!!!! :D

By the way Elaine........the SHRED arrived this morning!! :argh::peep:

Not sure whether to start it tonight? I have Bootcamp in the morning and if the reports I have read are correct I am going to be aching like a good'un!!!!

When do you think we should start??? :D :D

Hahahaha I think we should start tomorrow!!!! I was at uni in Newcastle! My uncle is an engineer and away in Dubai atm! I often come up to Ncl to catch up with people xx

Sorry to hear about your jobs Hun, it's a bummer isn't it? I'm still no closer to knowing when my office is closing - the waiting game makes it worse I think.
Have you been there long? Will you have a half decent redundancy payout to cushion the blow?

Hope the job situation will sort itself out, your food look good, keep the pictures coming, it made me want to make a pizza!

Thank you! It's a nightmare isn't it Sarah? Must be driving you mad playing a waiting game!!
I am a PA to the Director of a regeneration partnership hosted by Durham County Council and have been there 6 years! Redundancy payout would only be something like £3000 which is obviously better than nothing but wouldn't last long in the world of mortgages, bills and automobiles!!! :rolleyes:

I have been searching for jobs today and there are still a few out there so just going to get my act together over the next couple of days and apply, apply, apply!!! I have been putting off finishing my formal qualification so will be knuckling down for next couple of weeks to get everything completed! Scary times ahead I feel!! But as I was told tonight - when one door closes another door opens!! :D have to stay positive and see this as potentially a good thing! I am ready for a change anyway!!! :D:D

On an altogether more positive note I have made some SW Hummus tonight and blended it with some jalepenos and it is lush!! Think today is going to be an EE as have only had 1A and 1B

4d1fcf9e.png

I have also just had a Belgian Chocolate Options (2syns) stirred into some fat free fromage frais and can safely say I will be having that again!!! Hmmm! Chocolate mousse craving satisfied!!:D

90007089.png

Last edited:
Oops sorry they are VERY big!! Will try to make them attachments from work tomorrow :D

Hey - do you have a recipe for the hummous? - I tried to make some about a fortnight ago (hummous was my big love pre SW) and it was absolutely minging!!! :D xx

Back