Food Diary - Feedback Pleaseeeeee

buzz

I'm new to this this week and need some direction. I'm not even sure how many syns I have used etc Sorry about the rough amounts etc. This is today's menu:

Breakfast - Kippers. come in vac pack with star of butter. Microwaved then butter drained

Snack - Apple Orange

Lunch - Club Sandwich - 2 x wholemeal toast, light margarine, 1 triangle low fat l/cow, grilled bacon, chicken and lettace

Tea - 3 x pork steak, fat removed, mash - potato mashed with 1 x triangle low fat l/cow, broccoli and green beans, gravey (0.25 of a cup and very thin) - bisto with mushroom, pepper and garlic granules.

Pudding - rasberries, Strawberries, small merange(sp) nest and muller youg

Drinks - No Added Sugar orange cordial

Would be really grateful for some feedback

I should add that I am doing the extra easy choice

buzz said:
I'm new to this this week and need some direction. I'm not even sure how many syns I have used etc Sorry about the rough amounts etc. This is today's menu:

Breakfast - Kippers. come in vac pack with star of butter. Microwaved then butter drained

Snack - Apple Orange

Lunch - Club Sandwich - 2 x wholemeal toast, light margarine, 1 triangle low fat l/cow, grilled bacon, chicken and lettace

Tea - 3 x pork steak, fat removed, mash - potato mashed with 1 x triangle low fat l/cow, broccoli and green beans, gravey (0.25 of a cup and very thin) - bisto with mushroom, pepper and garlic granules.

I think the kippers will def be synned, not sure on syn value, but perhaps ask on the syn value board.

Whole wheat bread will be a HEb but you need to make sure it weighs no more than 57g for total.

The laughing cow lights can be your HEa but can't remember how many of top of my head, so check you'd healthy extra list.

Other things that need synnjng are margarine, gravy and meringue.

Other than that it looks fine, although perhaps try and get some more superfree foods in at meal times. Your dinner looks good, but no superfree at breakfast and little at lunch.

Well done!!!

Buzz like Britmum says I think you need to say where you are using your Healthy extras and what your syns are so we can see you are doing it well.

My only advice would be to add some super free - like have an apple after breakfast or some tomatoes with your kipper.

Keep it up though, it looks ok (as long as you syn things). I'll pop on and have a look tomorrow too x

Breakfast - Kippers. come in vac pack with star of butter. Microwaved then butter drained 1.5 syns - you're missing your third superfree - maybe add mushrooms & tomatoes?

Snack - Apple Orange

Lunch - Club Sandwich - 2 x wholemeal toast HEB? light margarine, 1 triangle low fat l/cow, grilled bacon, chicken and lettace Again you need more superfree food - a third of your plate should be superfree

Tea - 3 x pork steak, fat removed, mash - potato mashed with 1 x triangle low fat l/cow, broccoli and green beans, gravey (0.25 of a cup and very thin) - bisto with mushroom, pepper and garlic granules. 1 level tsp of granules is 1 syn

You can have 5 laughing cow for 1HEA and I haven't synned your margarine or your meringue because I don't know how much you had! Obviously if you had tea/coffee with milk you need to syn that too
Hope that helps! :)

Blimey I'm slow aren't I! You all answered whilst I was writing mine! In my defense the Avon Lady and window cleaner both called for their dosh! ;)

I don't really drink hot drinks so there is no problems there. The syns for margarine, gravy and meringue is 5 which suggests a decent day. What could I do with the remainder Laughing cow?

I've just seen a great idea for making them into a sauce on the recipe section for laughing cow

Syn values are good for the rest of us can see properly what you are eating...

My suggestion is the same as previous comments... More superfree foods! Each plate of food should be at least 1/3 full of superfree stuff, and 2/3 free (or synned) stuff! My consultant made a point of saying that's what you should eat first, too. Fill up as much as poss on superfree, and you'll need less of the more calorific foods to fill you up!

X

Back