Food diary & Thursday weigh ins on simply filling

I like the sound of the turkish white bean stew, what is in it? I love pretty much all beany stews. Yum yum. Unfortunately my OH will not eat any type of bean at all so I only get to do them when he's not about or for work lunches.

well to make it authentic it has quite a bit of olive oil in but i leave that out now: altho is better with oil, you cld just use less

cannilini beans and any other beans you have (i use tinned rather than dried in recipe)
1 lb. dried white navy beans, soaked overnight
8 cups water
1/4 cup olive oil
3 medium onions, chopped
4 ribs celery, chopped
2 large carrots, diced
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 cup tomato paste (or 1 6-oz. can)
1/4 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp cayenne
2 tsp salt
1/2 cup parsley (optional)

normally it is eaten warm with bread :)

sat 27th april

lots of water

sk milk for coffees

late 11am breakfast as had a lovely lie in
porrige & gs

taster of chicken breast with new spices my friend brought me from turkey ...yumbly!!

lunch will be big mug of sweet potato & butternut squash soup

dinner- chicken fajitas & homemade tortilla wrap x2 with sweet chilli sauce (2)

22g dark choc (3) in the eve
baked sour cream & onion crisps (3)

23/49

Have a great weekend everyone :) x

Last edited:
Food diary & Thursday weigh ins on simply filling

Looks good. That's a very specific amount of chocolate. Not sure if I could stop at 22g lol!!

Hope your having a good weekend.

Looks good. That's a very specific amount of chocolate. Not sure if I could stop at 22g lol!!

Hope your having a good weekend.

I know !!! hahaha they come in 22g little bars & i usually break 2/3rds off for 2pp but i thought id treat myself to a whole bar for 3pp

have a great weekend too :) x

sunday 28th april

lots of water

sk milk for coffees

b- porrige with pears, mixed spice & golden syrup

l- 2 x ww bread with ham & ketchup & 1/2 pack velvet crunch (1)

d- will be pollack fillet either in seasoned flour or ww breadcrumbs, with baked chips & mushy peas (1)

14g dark choc for evening (2)

27/49 weeklies used

Thanks for the recipe, its sounds really good. I imagine the cayenne and lemon juice are really good with the beans. Added to menu for the next week or so I think :)

mon 29th apr

lots of water
sk milk for coffees

b- porrige & golden syrup

l- pollack fillet sandwich
strawberries

taste of fruit cake i ruined by forgetting the baking powder (2)

d- jacket potato(potato taken out and mixed with 1x cheese triangle, milk salt & pepper) put back in skins & oven to crisp the top, left half a potato filling (1)
turkish spiced EL minced beef & red pepper kebab
2x tbsp of baked beans

dark choc later (2)

32/49

tues 30th apr pro point day due to not knowing how to point 20% fat lamb mince

(26pp allowance)
lots of water
skim milk for coffees(3)

b-porrige (3) & gs (0)

l- 2 x ww bread (3)
1 x ham slice (1)
ketchup (0)
velvet crunch crisps (2)
strawberries & sweetener

sn- banana

d- 140g of homemade adana spicy lamb kofte (9)
1/2 tin mushy peas (0)
1/2 wholemeal pitta (2)

14g choc for later (2)

25/26 pp used

thx atomic i went into town today feeling considerably slimmer and tried on a swimming costume in a lovely coral with a rouched tummy bit a skirt type thing, i imagined how nice it was going to look and went to try it on and had to laugh and showed my friend who also laughed, i looked like the overweight majorette in the carnival hahahaha needless to say it was off and back on the hanger, i came home empty handed and with no desire to go clothes shopping until at least another stone has gone !!! i shall make do for france with the clothes i have already

sk milk for coffees
not enough water as been out all day

b- porrige & gs

l- 1 x ww toast & choc philly (2)

sn- velvet crunch (2)

black coffee with milk (unknown milk so 1)

d- takeaway large chicken shish in pitta with chilli sauce (4)

dark choc for later (2)

43/40 weeklies used

weigh in -2.3/4lbs super pleased with that :D x

Last edited:
Re: Food diary & Thursday weigh ins on simply filling

Well i count the chicken filet as free and pp the pitta as 4pp i have a little hot chilli sauce 0p x

pp day thurs 2 may

sk milk for coffees (3)
water

b- porrige and gs (3)

l- 100g sweet chilli chicken pieces (4)

d- pitta bread (4)
spicy breadcrumb chicken fillet (10)
1 tsp olive oil (1)

dark choc for later (2)

pp 26/26 wkls 1/49

this will be my last diary until back from france in 10 days :) I think i will weigh myself before leaving in the morning as i wont be able to weigh in on thursday and will weigh in when i get back eeeek :)

sk milk for coffees
lots of water

b- porrige and gs

l- 2x large pieces of ham
50g garlic & herb philidelphia with a pack of velvet crunch to dip in it (4)

d- turkish spiced chicken breast
new pots in skins flavoured with garlic, parsley & sage tossed in allowed olive oil
baby corns

dark choc for later (2)

7/49

hi everyone, i'm back from 10 great days travelling round france in our campervan, we have been all over france and even made it to the med but even though it was sunny at narbonne plage it was the windiest place on earth lol, have been up in the midi pyranees and lots of other beautiful places. As we were in the camper i took with me some basics so i could stick to my diet, like my ww bread, golden syrup, porrige,tuna etc and i did a mix od sf and pp days depending where we were. we stayed at our friends for a couple of days before heading off with them too in the camper so i was able to cook some food for all of us making it low fat ;) i weighed myself before i left and this morning and although it's not thursday (weigh day) i had lost 2.3/4lbs so was pleased with that as TOTM today too, so we will see what happens by thursday :) Hows everyone else been doing while i've been away ? i shall try and catch up with everyones diaries later, i have been gardening in the rain today as for some reason i had the urge to get out there, perhaps it was being at my friends in france who has lots of fruit trees etc and she said the birds ate all her cherries last year, so we spent an afternoon, she made a scarecrow and i made a large black crow out of wire and covered in black plastic complete with flapping feathers on the wings and we hung it from wire on a bamboo pole so it 'flies'in the wind hahaha anyway half the garden is now weeded and strawberry plants transported to the higher walled garden so my dog ralph doesnt eat them all this year x

Sounds like you had a fab time and visitted some great places. And managed to lose weight while doing it! Very impressive indeed. :)

well all back to normal now the camper has been unpacked ! another afternoon of gardening and planting some soft fruit bushes and a herb garden and planted up the two tubs out the front, got backache now from yesterdays exertions with the gardening fork ! been and had more root canal treatment so on antibiotics now as infection hasnt cleared grrr so back again next wednesday. been and done a very healthy shop, although i went to morrisons so it took an age to do as i dont know where anything is in there, then to lidls to get other shopping, i normally do shopping online as it works out much cheaper and obviously you dont have to waste 4 hours doing it lol
anyway back to food !! i did keep tracking while in france but it wld take far too long to type up so i shall just start it again from today :)

the day we left for france i was feeling quite slim and thought the mirror reflected that too until i saw several photos my husband took on the 1st night in france, well if anything was going to keep me on track then those pics did that , my OH said i didnt look like that but the camera never lies im afraid, needless to say they were the last photos i asked him to take :)

lots of water
sk milk for coffee

b- porrige & gs

l- ham & ketchup sandwich on 2 x ww bread & pack of baked crisps (3)

a few blue berries

d- fish coated in cous cous, herbs,salt, pepper & wheat bran
with potato wedges (skin on) in homemade fajita seasoning & allowed olive oil
mushy peas

i have some weeklies left so im going to have some dark choccy later (3)

weigh in tomo !!

weigh in today for week 9 & 10 (holiday in france) -3.1/4lbs :D x

Back