Food Flavourings?

bubbles61999

Hi all,

i hope this hasnt been asked but a search didnt yield any results.

I am currently on the attack phase and am planning

the cruise stage in a couple of days time.

however, my question was in reference to flavourings. the ones on the dukan website are quite expensive and the postage is laughable. a search online hasnt really brought any results either, apart from oil based which isnt allowed afaik.

Can i ask where you guys buy yours if you use them?

Thanks in advance.

I only use vanilla for my yoghurt, I just get it from the supermarket, the ingrediants in it are just natural vanilla, water and natural caramel coluring

thanks for your reply, i should have said that i am aware of supermarket ones like almond, lemon, vanilla... but if you go onto the dukan website they have chocolate, caramel, fruit flavours etc. i was wondering if anyone used those and if so, where do they get them?

I know a good shop in Paris ;) (which I believe Mouse will be checking out next week when she's over.)

Otherwise, there are a couple of French websites which sell them:

Pattiwizz:
Patiwizz - Epicerie Fine - Tous les arômes du catalogue - tout pour cuisiner comme un chef

Natural aromas:
Arômes et Nature | Accueil Arômes et Nature

They are horrendously expensive, I agree, and I'll admit to have donated all mine to Mouse because I personally found them vile!

I use vanilla pods (natural), instant coffee, lemon flavouring (supermarket) regularly... even a fat free flavoured yoghurt can give you some flavour in whatever you're baking.

Otherwise, if a few of you live in the same area, perhaps get together and do a group order?

Thanks for your reply. if they are that bad i might as well look for other alternatives, its not worth spending alot of money on something that might just be left at the back of the press! :) thanks again.

Mouse loves them... particularly the caramel butter one, I believe ;)

oh thats exactly the flavour i was keen to try!! :) ill check out those sites thanks!

My DH loves SF maple syrup, I want to try a gingerbread one I've found, only problem is I can't remember what website I found it on!!!

Tried these tonight I made muffins with soya flour/oat bran/toffee muller and the toffee & banana flavourings. Turned out quite nice had them hot with frozen ff vanilla yoghurt when they were hot like little toffee/banana steamed puddings :D

Soya flour????

I found this on an official chat Q&A:
bodhisattva263 : Sorry, one more question. Can I use soya milk and soya flour? Thank you so much.
Moderatrice cathy : Hello bodhisattva263, you can have up to 15 cL plain soya milk (with calcium addition if possible). However soya flour is forbidden. See you soon on a next Chat session !

My sister sourced some caramel flavouring from a South African shop in Wimbledon. There are some nice allowed foods to be found in the more unusual shops.

My sister sourced some caramel flavouring from a South African shop in Wimbledon. There are some nice allowed foods to be found in the more unusual shops.

thats more adventurous than where i am - lol - will look out though thanks

It's more adventurous than where I am too, they still consider curry as exotic up here.
I've got her to post me any niceties she finds, she's joined me on the diet.

They are running low on some flavourings though. I just went back to order some for my sister and the condensed milk flavour was sold out. I guess it's the Dukan effect again.

i would be careful with those flavourings it doesn't tell you what the ingredients are, they could be oil and alcohol based in which case you shouldn't use them, one review does state you need to use quite a lot so could lead to a stall

Back