Food, syns and really big knickers!

Today's food diary:

Breakfast -- boiled egg, Alpen Light (3 syns) and a banana

Lunch -- big bowl of homemade veggie soup

Snack -- curry noodles and a banana

Dinner -- small plate of pasta with a stir in (between 4 of us, so only around 1 syn)

Snack -- 2 slices wholemeal toast with flora light (2 syns), more curry noodles, 1 pack of Treble Crunch crisps (5 syns) and an Alpen Light (3 syns).

Syns today -- 14

Today's body magic:

5.4km brisk walk
Housework

Last edited:
Definitely feel like I overate yesterday, even though I was within my syns and was snacking on free/superfree. I guess I could have had more superfree to fill me up.
Possibly not having any meat led to me being extra hungry also. And perhaps the walk early in the morning upped my appetite a bit. I will say that at no time did I eat until I was stuffed. But rather ate until I was "okay". Our C says if we want to eat 6 small meals a day that's fine. So I suppose it could have been worse. I could have been tearing into mars bars lol

Onwards!

Today's food diary:

Breakfast -- missed, as I had to go out to pay the bills and do the food shop

Lunch -- Uncle Ben's Rice Time (mexican chilli 1.5syns) and an apple

Dinner -- mashed potato, two fried eggs (1 syn), 3 rashers, and some curried beans, followed by fruit (was staaaarving!)

Snack -- 2 alpen lights (HEXB) and a pack of Treble Crunch crisps and a curly wurly (yummilicious!)

Syns today -- 12.5

Today's body magic:

Walked down town to pay the bills and do the food shop... approx, 3 miles all in all

Today's food diary:

Breakfast -- 2 boiled eggs, an alpen light bar and a banana

Lunch -- bowl of curry noodles, followed by a bowl of homemade veggie soup. Yum, and so filling.

Snack -- apple, peeled and cored

Dinner -- Teryaki chicken from the Extra Easy Meals in Minutes recipe book (2 syns per portion) with plain, boiled rice.

Snack -- Alpen light bar, pack of Treble Crunch crisps and a pack of curry noodles.

Syns today -- 7

Today's body magic:

8.4km fast walk. Supposed to only do 5.4km with the walking group, but since I was about 20 minutes faster than anyone else (i.e. my lift home), and it was raining, I decided to just keep going and walk the 3km home. I even added a bit of jogging in. Granted it was only a little bit, but my God I never, ever thought I'd jog, nor even WANT to jog, but there you have it. I'll keep adding a bit of jogging in and eventually I'll get used to the jogging, I imagine.

Last edited:
Since I've upped my exercise this week, I'm kind of sceptical about a loss. If I do lose, wonderful, if not, I know I'll see the benefits the following week.

I hope lol

Today's food diary:

Breakfast -- Alpen Light bar and a banana

Lunch -- Went for a nap (so tired today) so slept through lunch. Snacked on fruit when I got up.

Dinner -- Hot-n-spicy breaded chicken goujons (using 1 slice of wholemeal bread (3 syns), egg, various herbs, garlic, chinese 5 spice and chilli) with SW chips sprinkled with garlic powder and basil. Tomato ketchup (1 syn).

Snack -- curry noodles with one slice of white bread (4 syns) and flora light (1 syn)

Syns today -- 9

Today's body magic:

Housework... need to do a total overhaul of the house today.
Went to the shop with the dog (approx 2km round trip), and did some interspersed jogging, yay me!

Last edited:
Today's food diary:

Breakfast -- 3 bacon, scrambled eggs and beans

Lunch -- Missed as I was busy cleaning and had a late breakfast

Dinner -- ham, mashed potato with scallion, and mixed veg.

Snack -- Sandwich, using 2 slices wholemeal (HEXB), flora (1 syn), ketchup (1 syn), and leftover hot-n-spicy chicken goujons (3 syns). And a curly wurly...mmmm (6 syns)

Syns today -- 11

Today's body magic:
Finally got around to that total overhaul of the house... mostly. Got the bathroom cleaned, and floor washed, swept the carpets on the landing and stairs, cleaned the hallway and sorted out the clean washing, cleaned my own room and sorted through a lot of my clothes... it doesn't sound much, but I'm wrecked after it!

Last edited:
Today's food diary:

Breakfast -- two slices wholemeal toast (HEXB) with flora (2 syns) and two fried eggs (1 syn)

Lunch -- Curry noodles and a banana

Snack -- Alpen light bar (3 syns)

Dinner -- Spaghetti bolognese with mediteranean veg

Syns today --

Today's body magic:
Housework... it always needs to be done, doesn't it? Have the kitchen and sitting room, and hallway (again) to do, and floors to wash.
Walk to the shops...not far (approx 1km).

Last edited:
Today's food diary:

Breakfast -- 2 boiled eggs, Alpen light bar and a banana

Lunch -- banana and a creamy cheese mugshot (2 syns)

Dinner -- pasta with a tin of chopped tomatoes and a Dolmio stir in (between 4 of us so 1.5 syns)

Snack -- Alpen light bar

Syns today -- 3.5 (surprisingly low!)

Today's body magic:

6km walk, brisk but not too fast.
Day 1 of the 30 day shred.

Last edited:
Today's food diary:

Breakfast -- Two slices wholemeal toast with flora light (2 syns) and a banana.

Lunch -- Bowl of veggie soup with an apple and a muller light.

Dinner -- Minced beef hash

Snack -- curry noodles, bite of OHs sandwich (1 syn)

Syns today -- 3

Today's body magic:

Walked down town to pay the bills and do the food shop (approx 3km in all)
No Day 2 of the shred today... too sore lol

Last edited:
Today's food diary:

Breakfast -- Alpen light bar and a banana

Lunch -- 3 bacon (no fat), two eggs (fried in oil, 1 syn), 2 sausages (7 syns) and beans.

Snack -- apple and muller light

Dinner -- Pasta stir in (1 syn)

Syns today -- 9

Today's body magic:

6km brisk walk
Housework

I can't do it. I have to eat the banana first, and then have the toast lol

Today's food diary:

Breakfast -- Alpen light and a banana

Lunch -- Omelette (3 eggs with red, yellow and green peppers, onion, 1 bacon and some mozarella (gonna call that 3 syns as it was only a couple of sprinkles, about half a HEXA)

Dinner -- Mashed potato with flora light (2 syns), carrot, turnip and petis pois with a chicken breast, covered in gloopy chicken stock and herbs...absolutely delicious!

Snack -- Alpen light, curly wurly (6 syns), treble crunch crisps (5 syns) and curry noodles.

Syns today -- 16

Today's body magic:

Housework, washing floors, etc.

Last edited:
Today's food diary:

Breakfast -- 2 fried eggs (1 syn), 3 bacon, no fat, beans and 1 sausage (fried in oil, so not sure of the syn value)

Lunch -- Alpen light bar and a banana (not very hungry after such a big breakfast!)

Dinner -- Roast chicken, roast potatoes with a 1tsp flora light (1 syn), and mixed veg.

Syns today --

Today's body magic:
Housework, re-arranging some cupboards which involved climbing a step ladder repeatedly lol. I also took the baby for a walk to the shop.. a very slow walk, during which she pestered me for several piggy backs!

Last edited:
I'm hoping so, Roziee! WI on Tuesday... I always start to get nervous about it at the weekend lol

Back