Food, syns and really big knickers!

I think the weekend is when people are most likely to pick at food too. Saturday nights and Sunday nights get me... I have to sit on my hands to not overdo it.
Just had a lovely roast dinner. Being Irish we tend to have mashed potato with everything. This time around we just done roast potato and chicken with mixed veg. Was a bit wierd not having mash, but I'm still full!

xMandyDx said:
I think the weekend is when people are most likely to pick at food too. Saturday nights and Sunday nights get me... I have to sit on my hands to not overdo it.
Just had a lovely roast dinner. Being Irish we tend to have mashed potato with everything. This time around we just done roast potato and chicken with mixed veg. Was a bit wierd not having mash, but I'm still full!

Gotta love mash.. I could eat it everyday.. Mixed with some Philly light... Oh delicious!!!!

I could mix it with chocolate philly.... be very wierd though lol

Today's food diary:

Breakfast -- fruit

Lunch -- noodles and fruit

Dinner -- savoury rice and mince with oxtail soup (pkt soup 2.5 syns between 5 so half a syn) mange tout, carrots, red and green peppers and onion.

Syns today --

Today's body magic:

Housework - light
Walk to the shops (approx 2km) moderate walking.

:peep: I've come for a nosey now :p lol

p.s. Have you put your scales away? Well have you? :flirt2: lol

No sneaky peeking this week :nono: lol

Roziee, the dinner was really nice! And very filling!

Corky, the scales are gone, gone, gone! I'm not going to torment myself anymore lol

Today's food diary:

Breakfast -- Two slices of wholemeal toast with flora light (2 syns)

Lunch -- Chicken mugshot

Dinner -- Bowl of stew (stewing beef, onion, turnip, carrot, pack beef and veg soup, Bisto and plain flour) I made about 6 litres of this, so the syn value of the packet soup and flour/bisto would have been greatly reduced. 1 syn, IF that, per serving.

Syns today --

Today's body magic:

Housework. I got all of upstairs, my room and the hall done. Hoovering, scrubbing, washing floors, sorting laundry... all the boring stuff!

Also done 31 minutes on the Wii Fit plus, where I done, Hulahoop, ski jump, jogging, rythym kung fu, rythym boxing, cycling, step aerobics, and some yoga. And to tell you how long it's been since I've actually gotten off my lazy arse and used the Wii, my stats say I've lost 1st and 1lb since last time LOL

Today is not a great day food-wise, as tomorrow is the day I do the food shop, so there's hardly anything left. Have no fruit, and hardly any veggies...but I've been exercising portion control like a mad thing. lol

Last edited:
Hi Mandy..

I've looked through your diary and I've noticed a few things..

A) you're really not eating much! And..
B) you've skipped lunch a couple of times

Maybe that could be a reason for the STS? Your sf etc are fine but maybe the exercise has suppressed your appetite...

God Roziee I thought I was eating loads lol... I don't be that hungry, really... maybe I should just eat more. I'll try that this week. Going for the food shop tomorrow, so I'll buy in some extras.

Ugh I have had a really bad day with food. I've had hardly any SF and missed breakfast due to there being NOTHING left in the house before the food shop. But I did promise to put up the good as well as the bad, so here goes..

Today's food diary:

Breakfast -- fresh air

Lunch -- 2 slices of wholemeal bread (HEXB) with flora light (2 syns) and ketchup (1 syn) with 2 syn free sausages and 2 frylite fried eggs.

Dinner -- Beef and bean casserole (1 syn) with SW chips.

Snack -- Curly wurly (6 syns) and a pack of Treble Crunch crisps (5 syns)

Another snack -- curry noodles

Syns today -- 15

Today's body magic:

Walked down the town to do the food shop, approx 3km.
Then after lunch I had a lie down since I plodded along all morning on 3hrs sleep, and have done not a darn thing since I got back up, apart from walk over to my friends' house around the corner lol

I feel really bad about today's food. Tomorrow will be better planned!

Hi Mandy,

Dont worry that you didnt have enough SF.. just try to make sure the rest of your days have lots and you'll be fine :) we all have days like that..

i liked your breakfast :giggle: although I do recommend you do eat a little more than fresh air! hehe x

Not been in here for ages.. hence the faffing around with the same few lb!

Breakfast -- 1 banana and a cup of tea. Not very hungry this morning, but I'm sure I'll have something nice for lunch.

Lunch today was spaghetti in tomato sauce on dry toast.

And dinner was... salad, coleslaw, boiled egg, slice of ham, small bit of cheese, and SW chips. Really full now lol

Syns today -- 6 for mayo and 3 for cheese.

One more day until WI on Thurs morning... looking forward to seeing the results of using weekly syns for the first time because of two nights out.

Today's food diary:

Breakfast -- 2 poached eggs on toast and a banana with a cuppa - 4 syns and HEB/HEA

Lunch -- fruit and yogurt

Dinner -- 2 small roast potatoes with garlic salt and basil, one pork chop with herbs, oven roasted, and lots of carrots.

Supper -- Cup of tea and Harvest Morn choc and orange cereal bar (3 syns and HEA)

Had a good day today, bought myself a new freezer so that I can batch cook some soups and stews and stuff (such a pity you can't freeze salads!) and defrosted my fridge/freezer as well so now I've loads of room. Also, the sun was shining and that always puts me in good form, so I cleaned the entire house and got lots of laundry done. Went for a walk this evening with my SIL... done 3km in 45 mins... not so very fast, but enjoyable all the same.
Going to have another listen to my hypnotherapy mp3 before sleep tonight; it really seems to be helping me stay on track. I haven't had any crisps or chocolate in over 2 weeks, and stuck to my minimum syns during the week to compensate for being out 2 nights at the weekend. Found that quite hard, but not because I was missing treats in the evening...just because I was using my 4 syns per day on real mayo for coleslaw...I wish I liked the extra light stuff more lol
Feeling pretty positive about WI in the morning. I would like to see the scales start to shift again, I feel like I've been stuck within the same half stone forever. I suppose I just got bored, and relaxed a bit too much with the 1/3 sf rule, and stopped counting syns properly. Now that I'm back on track, I'm hoping to stay there and get this weight OFF! I have my daughter's confirmation next March, and hoping to be at target for that. 5st 11lb to go.

Back