Food without the angst - Vegan SW

Hey, New to me discovery. You can do fried rice with fylight. I used the garlic frylight and cooked up some rice with it in a wok, added some frozen baby carrots and some Morrisons chicken style thingy lumps. When the rice started browning and getting a bit translucent I added boiling water, a couple of green cardomens and some onion salt, let it all cook till the rice was 99% done, turned off the gas, covered the wok. We ate 15 minutes later and it was flipping great. Not like any sort of diet food at all.

I should say, that I resprayed with the frylight a couple of times during the frying as it seemed to go a bit dry in the pan.

We've more flipping health problems in the family, my mum's been took bad again and I was going to down to her tomorrow but my husband is ill again and it looks like a trip to A&E with him in the morning instead. Eh, this getting older lark, it doesn't half throw up the infirmities amongst relatives at a rate of knots. Fingers crossed, my own health has been holding out pretty well lately. Thank goodness.

I've had a very satisfying afternoon trying on clothes. I can now wear all my size 20s, some are a tad tight but all get on and I can move in them. The 18s are still not wearable until I've lost some more but there is one pair of 18 trousers that will go on and just about do up. Albeit rather painfully.

Sizing is SO flipping inconsistant. I've got so many clothes I'd forgoten about. When I was reallly binging I'd get a garment, wear it for a while, wash it and it would be too small for me. The garments I did remember all had stories. As in, I've not worn those pajama trousers since I was in hospital, I remember that skirt getting too big for me. In fact there were lots of very nice size 16s I noticed that were once too big for me.

The 14s are stashed away further in a high cupboard and I didn't bother looking at them. I am so looking forward to having one wardrobe of clothes that fit. No too small clothes and no too big clothes. Oh, the space we will have in the bedroom.

Food today has been fruit, lentil and spinach stoup and some sausage hotpot made with a tin of tomatoes, chopped up potatoes, celery and some sainsbury's sausages that are one syn each. I rather overdid the crisps yesterday - one packet, a large packet - turned out to be over 25 syns so I'm pulling back on the syns today. HEX B has been 12 cashews, maybe some weetabix before bed. A choice has been hazelnut milk in coffee and with this projected pre bed weetabix.

Well done on getting into a smaller size x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Got weighed this morning, I think it's 2 weeks I've missed in total. 2lbs off :) :)

Crikey no, I've missed 3 weeks. Anyway, I'm well on track again, got my club 10 and 1lb to go to lose 2st

Well done on club 10 x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I discovered the new Tesco bourbon chocolate spread today. Although I was very heavy handed with it, it didn't develop into a binge. Apart from that, food was pretty good, with a very nice version of rice and peas with the rice and onions fried in garlic frylight, black turtle beans. all done in alpro coconut milk. It's great to cook with rather than coconut fatty milk from a tin. All the taste without the fat, HE A even, as I assume. I also tried that cheesey substitute I posted above. It was not a great success.

Thinking about yesterday, I had forgotten when I posted before about how stressed I was. Loads going on, health of my mother and husband, loads of admin stuff to organise, the house has become pit like very quickly partly as m'boy is downstairs sleeping whilst I try and redo his bedroom. The final straw was my boy couldn't face seeing his tutor again. So what would have been a binge that triggered more was limited to a large avocado and as much choccie spread as I could load onto one slice of bread. Which is a surprisingly large amount. So I like to think, I really do, that I am gradually moving away from binging as a way of stress relief.

Todays food is bubbling away as I speak. Left over black turtle beans with tomatoes, leeks and cabbage as a basis to make a sauce to go over giant cous cous.

Thinking about yesterday, I had forgotten when I posted before about how stressed I was. Loads going on, health of my mother and husband, loads of admin stuff to organise, the house has become pit like very quickly partly as m'boy is downstairs sleeping whilst I try and redo his bedroom. The final straw was my boy couldn't face seeing his tutor again. So what would have been a binge that triggered more was limited to a large avocado and as much choccie spread as I could load onto one slice of bread. Which is a surprisingly large amount. So I like to think, I really do, that I am gradually moving away from binging as a way of stress relief. Todays food is bubbling away as I speak. Left over black turtle beans with tomatoes, leeks and cabbage as a basis to make a sauce to go over giant cous cous.

Congratulations on club 10 - that's a fantastic achievement

Hey Micci,

sorry I've been so quiet on your diary. How are you doing now? Please come back and write a little comment, just so I know you're ok. Always really enjoy your posts, you're so honest about everything, and it motivates me thinking that we're all real people with a lot to carry around on our shoulders and you certainly do, probably more than many other people.
So keep going, you've done so well already and your efforts are never in vain.

Been on a major bing for weeks, mother ill, husband ill, and son v depressed and cutting himself. Thanks for asking. I'm away on Friday for a little holiday on my own and hope to get myself together to face the workd and my too tight clothes and cope in a better manner.

Hey, I'm so sorry to hear how difficult things have been for you. I really empathise, I cannot say that I understand your individual situation. But I know how I have felt in the past when life got so very complicated and painful and stressful that the only way to cope and find relief seemed to be in a binge. I hope you're not too hard on yourself emotionally. Because you know too well that this will just add to the pressure that is making you binge in the first place. So having some time to yourself sounds like a great idea, I hope you can find a calm and quiet space in your head that will help you cope.

Hey Micci, I have noticed you missing, I'm sorry I haven't kept in touch with it all more, things have been quite mad in my life. But I have wondered how you are doing? How are you coping? I do hope you had a nice time away and that you have managed to perhaps find some clarity in your head again and find that direction again to give you focus with your eating.

I'm back again and focusing on looking after myself. My mother died which leaves my brother in a very vulnerable position, so I've taken on more stress with worrying and supporting him, probate, flat to sell, brother to move as well as grieving. My husband's father also died which is a long and complicated story and not mine to tell. But that involved old family bad feeling resurfacing. My son is very up and down so all in all I've had a lot on my plate. In more ways than one.

It is far from being resolved but I have got enough strength again to pay attention to my own needs. I've been back to one of the groups I used to go to, and lost two pounds in the first week. Hooray, two flipping pounds on the first week. Not terribly good, but this week will be better.

Breakfast: A litre of coffee made with almond milk and some home made sort of houmous made of loads of pickled peppers and chick peas with a banana.

I must say, I'm pretty miffed at SW doing away with Green days but that is what I am doing, with the odd SP thrown in. The vegan choice of P foods is extremely limited and the Vegans doing SW on FB are NOT pleased. Surely some of our staples would fit the criteria for a P food. Grumble grumble.

Lunch: A saucepan full of deliciousness made if a carton of passata with chilli and peppers, a tin of butter beans, onions and broccoli with LOTS of Dill all boiled up til soft and soggy with some almond milk. Plus 4 Ryvitas HXB
Snack: Banana and a nectarine
Tea/snack: 1 pot of chip shop mushy peas, 1 giant gherkin and 15 chip shop chips of various sizes and unknown weight. Goodness knows how many syns but hopefully not more than 15.
Pre-bed munchies: Another bowl of the butter bean yumminess.

It's been a long day. Good night to anyone who might be reading this

Middle of the night woke up worrying munchies: 2 Ryvita and a banana

Breakfast: 2 Ryvitas, large mug of coffee with almond milk
Lunch: Mange tout peas, 2 slices of w/m bread, sliced from the loaf myself so I very much doubt that they were 2 x hxb so some syns of unknown quantity.
Home made houmous- 50/50 pickled peppers and chickpeas with garlic

Snacks: Apple and watermelon

Tonight's supper will be some soup made from more of the pickled peppers and a tin of tomatoes and a tin of baked beans with almond milk and a stock cube.

There will be an emphasis on these pickled peppers as I got a big jar but don't have room for it in the fridge - I don't want to waste them.

A few uncalculated syns from teeny tester sips of hot chocolate I was making for everyone else and a crumb of banana waffle, ditto for the family. Well done me, I really am focused atm.

Last edited:
Breakfast: Watermelon and coffee with almond milk
Lunch: Dhal with spinach and broccoli and lettuce
Snack: banana
Evening meal: Soup made from a tin of chickpeas, a cucumber, pickled pepper, almond milk, a stock cube and Lebanese spice mix
Snack: 4 HXB Ryvitas with Jam - 3/4 syns?

Drinks: Water, SF ginger beer, coffee, herbal teas.

Last edited:
I rather overdid the little chocolate and ginger mini eggs today, I had 9 but certainly was not out of control. But again, I've no idea of the syns as the battery in my scales needs replacing.

Apart from them, 4 Ryvitas, spinach and lentil dhal, mixed with chick peas, cous cous with banana and coconut milk, nibbles of avocado that I was preparing for other people and more I've forgotten and will edit to add later

Yesterday I was tired and muddled, and can't remember what I ate. I know there were some less than good choices but that I wasn't eating like a mad thing. WI tomorrow, I promised myself I'd go for three pounds this week. Don't now how I have done but the jeans that had become uncomfortably tight are now comfortable, even straight after a wash so I feel heartened.

One small NSV for me has been losing my addiction to the scales, at one time I'd be on and off several times a day. Now, they don't have a battery in them and I'm unsure of how well they work and I really not at all bothered. Very liberating.

Breakfast: 1 pink grapefruit

Back