Food you didnt like but then.....

Veggiegirl

I tried the Quorn deli ham and thought it was horrible in salads etc - then for lunch today I cut it into strips, fried it in Frylight and added it to baked beans and it gave them a nice smoky flavour and I really enjoyed it!

Just wondered if there is any other food that you thought "bleugh" and then changed it so it was nice?

xx

I hate(d) tomatoes. I wouldn't touch any form of them apart from on pizza and spag Bol when they would be used as sparingly as possible with as much cheese or beef stock. So many of the sw recipe use it that I have now force myself to get used to tinned tomatoes - still cant stand fresh but there's a whole new realm of sw recipes I can try now I have tinned tomatoes under my belt. Lol.

I hate(d) tomatoes. I wouldn't touch any form of them apart from on pizza and spag Bol when they would be used as sparingly as possible with as much cheese or beef stock. So many of the sw recipe use it that I have now force myself to get used to tinned tomatoes - still cant stand fresh but there's a whole new realm of sw recipes I can try now I have tinned tomatoes under my belt. Lol.

I'm the same - I hate the squidley bits in tomatoes - yuck

x

not found anthing yet i wont eat, never used to like vegetables, celery and stuff but i think is was could they were overcooked. Now i love them. Did get a call off a mate whom i hadn't spoken to for over a year saying "dont eat tripe kid, its horrible" he then put the phone down. I have taken his advice on that one. don't think that cows stomach linign sound that appertising

I also hate porridge but love the "magic porridge"! Hate scan bran as a crispbread but quite like it as a cake! Never tried lentils, thought they looked awful but added to curries, soups etc they give them a lovely nutty flavour. Funny how some food is awful but then do something different with it and hey presto! Its nice! x

I hated BNS until I roasted it, now I have it every week! Not keen on baked beans but in a jacket with crispy bacon on top and I live it!

I tried the Quorn deli ham and thought it was horrible in salads etc - then for lunch today I cut it into strips, fried it in Frylight and added it to baked beans and it gave them a nice smoky flavour and I really enjoyed it!

That's a fantastic idea! I'll be trying that next time I buy some - thanks.

Alpro Light Soya milk as you get 500ml as a HEX a so loads of milk to make rice pudding with a bit of sweetner doesn't taste too bad

Missy B said:
Alpro Light Soya milk as you get 500ml as a HEX a so loads of milk to make rice pudding with a bit of sweetner doesn't taste too bad

Is that true thought it was 350ml! Ooh I hope it is true I love soya milk!

So I've been told, as long as it's the Light version. It's only 44 cals for 200mls (half of normal skimmed milk)

Hope I'm not giving out duff info, I'll ask at class tomorrow

Jayde, just checked it out on SW online, in food diary the following comes up as a HEX A Choice, phew glad I've got it right

500ml Alpro Soya Dairy Free Soya Milk, Light Unsweetened

Last edited:
I am slowly coming around to the idea of eating baked beans... I've ALWAYS hated the texture of them..as well as peas... but am willing to give them a go as they are superspeed - only a tablespoon full or so so far, but still :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Veggie mince . Ive always been very suspicious of this frankenstien food as i called it. Especially as I cant eat mushrooms. Ive since started eating asda veggie mince. Its nicer than quorn and not so bad with lots of garlic etc in a bolognese or chilli. Nothing will convince me to eat fishless fingers tho!! If its not fish wtf is it??!!!!

Missy B said:
So I've been told, as long as it's the Light version. It's only 44 cals for 200mls (half of normal skimmed milk)

Hope I'm not giving out duff info, I'll ask at class tomorrow

Jayde, just checked it out on SW online, in food diary the following comes up as a HEX A Choice, phew glad I've got it right

500ml Alpro Soya Dairy Free Soya Milk, Light Unsweetened

Amazing thanks!!! I have been going with less than I am allowed which is good news! Thanks x

I am slowly coming around to the idea of eating baked beans... I've ALWAYS hated the texture of them..

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Omg, same here. I have a phobia over beans - hate the look, smell, texture, thought of them! You are brave attempting to try them, I feel ill even thinking about them!

I discovered I loved BNS when doing WW.

Since being on SW I have discovered I like peppers, chickpeas, quorn chicken in a curry and raspberries! (Up until last year I had never eaten any of these!)

Never really ate vegetables before- now i have my superspeed soup everyday- thats peppers, leeks, carrots, parsnips and tomatoes.

Last edited:
Back