Foodie thoughts and munchie mumbles, food diary of a self confessed chocoholic

Oh you bugga I love kebabs yet last thing me I had one the grease didn't agree with me at all.

Prob not I'm really funny with sausage lol .

Plus a loss is a loss better than what I'm loosing at the min lol . Enjoy your food x

You're right I should be very happy with a 1lb loss, I just felt miffed as I'd resisted the coffee and walnut cake on my day out lol! I used to work in a sausage factory, so have a good idea what goes in them, didn't eat them for years lol! The kebab was ok, the chicken is always lovely as it's just grilled chicken breast so if I was counting tonight I would only count the oil. I had salad with no sauce or dressing, it's just the pitta and chips that let me down lol! Only ate half the chips though and left some of the pitta, so not as bad as it could have been.

Hi...just joined this site and its coz of reading your thread....kinda loosely following sw and am learning loads through this site...don't know how often will get on here coz of commitments but rest assured I will when I can ! X

Aww that's awesome hunny, any questions just shout up, everyone is here for the same reason and we all help each other, even if it's only to commiserate with you when you have a bad day :)

I was the same when I had my kebab left most of it really enjoyed the meat but didn't really touch the pitta. I was sitting there eating for sake of it so I stopped lol

I can only imagine regards with the sausages.

I think everyone would love to get 2lb off a week wouldn't they. I sit there dissapointed with myself if any less. It's like the week I stuck to plan 100% and gained 1/2 doesn't make sense this diet sometimes . This has now made me be happy with what I get a loss is a loss and just think you could of put on if had the cake. You made the correct choice.

Your moving in the right direction. Your sis was telling me they don't weigh in 1/4s so for all you know you could of been so close to 1 1/2.

We had the porky lights tonight and they are SO nice. Not greasy at all and taste like proper nice butchers sausage! Yum!

1lb is good! Meant to text you then forgot with work, I couldn't go tonight as I was working until 9, but I'm going to her Woodhouse session tomorrow at 7pm so I will let you know how I do. If my scales are to go by, I'll hopefully get my 1 stone award.

XXX

Start of a new week
Thursday 09/02/17
Made scotch eggs with the porky light sausages tonight! OMG! They are amazing! 4 syns for 2 I made 4 all together and used 6 sausages and 25g of Asda panko breadcrumbs. Didn't take any photos, too busy ramming them in my gob! :eatdrink023::roofles:

Nosh for today, not a great day but still in syns
B: None
L: Baxter's vegetarian butterbean and carrot soup (10.5) 4 dark rye ryvita HEXB, 3 EL Laughing Cow triangles (1/2 HEXA) Orange
D: Jacket potato, 2 HM scotch eggs (4) Baked beans
S: Skimmed milk (1/2HEXA)
Syns for day 14.5/15
Syns for week 14.5 /105

Not enough speed food and no water :1461:
Won't be having the soup again, bought it to have as an HEXB but then realised that's only for half the tin. Decided as I was super busy and didn't have time to prep anything else, I would just syn the whole thing and have some ryvita to fill me up, no way half a tin of what looked like carrot water was going to keep me full for more that 10 mins.

The scotch eggs are going on my favourites list, great for packed lunches too!
Not really a recipe but just a reminder for me
6 x porky light sausages, skins removed and divided into 4 potions (3)
4 hard boiled eggs
25g Asda panko breadcrumbs (4.5)
1 egg beaten and seasoned

Wrap sausage meat around the hard boiled eggs
dip in the beaten egg
roll in the panko breadcrumbs
bake until golden brown and cooked through
180 degrees fan assisted oven for about 30 mins
Rounded them up to 2 syns each as they work out at just under 2

Last edited:
OMG them scotch eggs sound AH-mayzing!! I am so gonna try them! Be great to keep in fridge for snacks too! :)

Hate it when you end up spending a load of syns on something horrible lol >_<

Hi...I used to have granola for breakfast..can u have that as healthy option?
Kelloggs Granola, Glorious Nut (35g)
Lizis Mango Macadamia Granola (30g)
Lizis Belgian Chocolate Granola (30g)
Kelloggs Granola, Delightful Fruit (40g)
Quaker Oats Wholesome Granola Goji & Blueberry (40g)
These are the only ones flagging up as HEXB options on the SW site, I think if you google SW granola recipes there will be something come up too.

OMG them scotch eggs sound AH-mayzing!! I am so gonna try them! Be great to keep in fridge for snacks too! :)

Hate it when you end up spending a load of syns on something horrible lol >_<
I know, I was pissed off all day yesterday lol! Yes you really need to try the scotch eggs, you could always add more seasoning to the sausage meat if you fancied a different flavour.

Next time we do a shop I'm gonna get the stuff to do them! :)

Today's nosh
B: Melon and ML 0%greek yogurt
L:4 Ryvita hexb, spagetti hoops, 3EL laughing cow triangles 1/2 hexa, ham, orange, apple
D:Sirloin steak, roasted baby new potatoes, onions, mushrooms and peppers, salad, HM salted caramel dessert 4.5(salted caramel hifi bar, quark, salted caramel options, 1/2 banana) strawberries
S: Skinny macchiato (dolce gusto)2.5, hifi bar 3, milk for drinks 1/2 hexa
Syns for day 10/15
Syns for week 24.5 /105

Last edited:
Today's nosh
B: Melon and ML 0%greek yogurt
L:
D:HM SW Lamb and chickpea balti, rice (recipe from mag)
S:
Syns for day /15
Syns for week 14.5 /105

I've made a Beef Curry in Slow Cooker for tonight as I'm working 3-11. Had it on over night and it's beautiful! Can't wait haha.
Going to make homemade burgers tomorrow x

I got the lamb out to make lamb tagine but then spotted the balti recipe and I have all the ingredients so going for that instead

The scotch eggs are going on my favourites list, great for packed lunches too!
Not really a recipe but just a reminder for me
6 x porky light sausages, skins removed and divided into 4 potions (3)
4 hard boiled eggs
25g Asda panko breadcrumbs (4.5)
1 egg beaten and seasoned

Wrap sausage meat around the hard boiled eggs
dip in the beaten egg
roll in the panko breadcrumbs
bake until golden brown and cooked through
180 degrees fan assisted oven for about 30 mins
Rounded them up to 2 syns each as they work out at just under 2

Those really DO sound amazing! I might have to have a go at making them. :eating:

Those really DO sound amazing! I might have to have a go at making them. :eating:
Totally worth it and when we go hiking, we normally take things like scotch eggs, I will be making these in future, instead of buying high syns rubbish from the services.

Kelloggs Granola, Glorious Nut (35g)
Lizis Mango Macadamia Granola (30g)
Lizis Belgian Chocolate Granola (30g)
Kelloggs Granola, Delightful Fruit (40g)
Quaker Oats Wholesome Granola Goji & Blueberry (40g)
These are the only ones flagging up as HEXB options on the SW site, I think if you google SW granola recipes there will be something come up too.[/QUOTE

Thanks for that.... I used to use a mornflake one but not sure can still get it x

Changed my mind about dinner, did some shopping at asda and picked up two gorgeous sirloin steaks :eating:

Can't beat a nice steak . We had some from there last week and they were lovely normally get from Morrisons there pretty good from there aswell in like the vacume pack

Can't beat a nice steak . We had some from there last week and they were lovely normally get from Morrisons there pretty good from there aswell in like the vacume pack

Mmmmm steak! Could have made me some lol
They were excellent steaks, a bit expensive but seeing as I doubt very much Mark is going to take me anywhere for Valentines, I'd treat myself.

Well been to hairdressers and had my hair chopped off and lightened, going back in 4 weeks and having it lightened some more. Fancied a change and it really did need a good cut. Not sure Mark is convinced lol!

Today's nosh
B: Nothing
L: Poached eggs, tinned tomatoes, Warbies wholemeal sandwich thin HEXB
D: Roast beef, roast potatoes, carrots and parsnips, french beans, gravy 3
S: DG Skinny macchiato 2.5, DG cafe au lait 2, hifi bar 3 milk HEXA
Syns for today 10.5
Syns for week 35/105

Last edited:
Back