Foodpacks - Which is your favourite ?

I tried Vanilla with ice and Coffee last night for the first time in a while and I definately think the Chocolate (with ice and coffee) goes better. I am a Mocha fan though. Always have been.

I also had a cranberry bar last night for the first time in a while. Really enjoyed it. Hmmm, must have been a good batch. I find that sometimes. I have 5 peanut bars every week and some week's they're marv and others they're rock hard..... weird.

Oh and my LLC didn't let me have bars for the first week either but I believe you are allowed them from Day 4. I didn't have nay bars at all for a few weeks though. Didn't want my whole world to start revolving around when I could have my bar.

Guy said:
I have 5 peanut bars every week and some week's they're marv and others they're rock hard....

Can't say I've noticed.... but then I keep mine in the fridge, so they are always a bit tougher when I have them! lol

Guy said:
I didn't have nay bars at all for a few weeks though. Didn't want my whole world to start revolving around when I could have my bar.

I know what you mean about that one, when I had them for the first time in my 3rd week it was like "oooh, now then, when should I have it?" every day (was taking my shakes to work at that point), and was worse at the weekends when I was in the house all day.

Got myself into the routine now though of having the bar for lunch each work day so I *know* when I can have it (give or take an hour or so, I don't let myself have it before 12.30) and at the weekend either saving it and taking it with me because I know I'll be out all day, or having it for breakfast (or as soon as I get up) so it's gone and I know I can't have another.

Got myself into the routine now though of having the bar for lunch each work day so I *know* when I can have it .

I think this is the key with bars. At least it was for me too. I refused to be a slave to them so I didn't have nay for the first week and when i did start having them, they were always my last pack of the day.

I've changed that now cos I'm over the whole bar thing. I have a peanut bar dunked in hot coffee every week day morning for breakfast in the office. I find it has a nice coffee shop/hot granola breakfasty type vibe going on.....

Chicken and Veg soups mixed are yum and also chicken and mushroom. I was also one of the lucky ones, I liked all of them except the caramle shake that was disgusting.

Definately Thai chilli crisps. Those were such a life saver.

How simple abstinence is sigh....will I be weird if I say I miss it?

I already know Ill miss abstinance, mainly for the simplicity of it and not having to think about what or when to eat, ever!

But I think it is important to not get hung up on that fact, otherwise you could end up giving yourself a harder time when you do start having food again if youve made yourself mentally feel as though you resent having to eat it!

Just started 3 days ago!
When i went and got my first 28 food packs, i decided to try everythink.

To me all the shakes are nice,however all the soups are NOT for me.
Thia Chilli is NEVER to darken my weekly pack again,otherwise they're all pretty good.
I haven't tried the bars as yet.

Next week i will be having 24 shakes and 4 soups, no bars as they contain double the carbs as the drinks. Maybe i'm being silly but i'm staying off the bars for this reason.

My favs are certainly Choc, Vanilla, Banana, Cranberry and peanut bar

You can have bars in the first week, it depends when you hit ketosis i was put on it after 4 days also.

I've just finished day one and cant believe how well it went - I had been really worried that the shakes and soups would be horrible and I have been really surprised cos I liked them all!
I had a vanilla shake to begin with, and although it tasted like ice cream to begin with, by the end of it I had decided that it was a bit sweet but think it may be nicer if made with ice cubes? Can you do that? I think it really would taste like runny ice cream.
Then I tried the chocolate shake which was great! I was really surprised. The peanut bar was ok. Tasted nice but very dry. I may try the earlier suggesion of dipping it in my (black) coffee. Tonight I had the veg soup and it was brill - by far my most fave so far!!! I've not measured my water intake but have drunk lots all day and have had black coffee and black Earl Grey tea.
All in all I'm really happy about how today has gone. Hope tomorrow is as good :):):):)

Hi Jazzy,

I'm surprised you've tried the peanut bar as you're not allowed bars in the first week! Were you allowed to take home bars??

Hx

Oops - teach me to quote without reading all the replies! :)

Hey Carl, I was worried about the bars affecting losses to begin with as well, but it seems that they don't, I haven't heard of anyone who has started having the bars and seen a drastic loss in what they are losing.

that said, it's your choice, I didn't decide to have them until week 3, and only do as it's easier to have for lunch at work than mucking around making shakes with people asking questions etc!

But the *key* thing with this program is, do what works for you, and if not having bars works for you, then all is good :)

i did 14 weeks in abstainence, and NEVER tried the soups or bars. i found the shakes just "worked" for me, so never bothered!! xxx

A couple of weeks ago I went for a week without having any bars just because I felt I was getting a bit too "into" having them each day, by the end of week I hadn't missed them per sé, but I definately did miss having another flavour, 4 chocolate shakes each day got a bit dull, even though I knew it was doing me just as good as any other flavour available.

I think there's only so much of 1 thing you can have, no matter how good that thing is for you or how much you like it (and not liking the soups or any other shakes, the bars are my only option for different flavours! :( )

But like I said before, if you find something that works for you, stick with it! Better than toying with it (like I did!) and having a 'harder' week because of it!

I'm now setting into a nice routine.

Weekdays
B - Vanilla shake
L - Peanut Bar
D - Veg/Chili/Chicken soup
P(pud!) - Choc shake

Weekends
B - Vanilla shake
L - Veg/Chili/Chicken soup
L - Veg/Chili/Chicken soup
P(pud) - Choc

I tend to have my shakes as either "ice" shakes, or even ice creams. Although sometimes make as a custard, or angel delight consistency. Did have the choc "muffin" last night with warn custard on top which I think I will be having a couple of times a week.

Can't "drink" the shakes very well. They make me gag and feel ill for a good hour or two!

Mmm I have to say I like all the shakes I've tried so far (vanilla, banana, chocolate, strawberry) and cos I put them in my smoothie maker with ice they fill me up more.
Of the soups I like the veg most, then chicken is alright, and tomato I quite liked. Mushroom was Yuuuuuuck! for me.
Have tried the bars before I started, and they tasted like cardboard to me but then maybe my tastebuds hadn't adjusted but anyway I don't want too many of them to be honest - only for a change of taste/texture. Don't want to get hooked on them.

I think I'll start experimenting with doing different things with them when I get bored of them just as they are.

Back