For Foxtrot

Well, looks like this part was all that was missing to carry on the LL Journey from whichever direction you come from!!

Thanks DQ, it's working.:D

Can I input my tuppence? After all I did do LL before and I have now found for me the best way to lose weight. Here's what I'm doing:

I also used to skip breakfast (although at the time I was never hungry in the mornings, I think because I had too much the previous evening!). I now make sure I have breakfast, usually fruit, granola, or I've just discovered chocolate ready brek! Lol ok I hate porridge but it's low GI, low calorie (108cal for a bowl) and I enjoy it reasonably well. If I'm cardio exercising like running I'll have scrambled eggs quite often because they're same calories but way more satisfying and slow release energy for the day.
Snacks (morning and afternoon) are pretty much always fruit, or a few nuts. Sugar free jelly plus a bit of low fat yoghurt works too.
Lunch - usually soup, although today it was 2 rice cakes and houmous and cucumber.
Dinner - Anything really (obviously within reason!), although I tend to steer away from pasta rice and potatoes I don't completely avoid them. Cauliflower mash is awesome - low cal, low carb. Usually make sure I have at least 2 or 3 portions of veg.

I am a chocolate fiend and I do have one of the kids size chocolate bars per day, the point for me is not to avoid it completely but to Moderate.

That goes for my whole diet really, a meal for me (including dinner) almost never goes over 300cals, and usually about 200 ish. My dinner plate is a side plate so I can't overload it. I use a small bowl for breakfast otherwise it's too easy to overload it! Total calories for the day (to lose this is), is usually about 1000-1400. Also exercise is a big key to maintenance, but find something fun to do - not just something that's boring!

I'd say it is absolutely possible to eat healthily and still enjoy all your favourite foods as well, but the key word is MODERATION. I weigh pretty much everything to keep portions in check - it only takes a second and means I know I won't overdo it. In my opinion there's no sense in depriving yourself of anything at all it's just finding the best way to integrate it in a balanced way.

Anyway hope that helps you FT x

Glad you think so Icey!

I'm hoping the girls will keep adding their wonderful ideas for daily menus, and anyone else who's in full maintenance too!

There's some scrummy stuff there and I can't wait to try some of it out.

Today:

brekkie: Porridge, banana and blueberries

Mid morning: apple

lunch: Green salad with small salmon fillet, 1 hard boiled egg, and lemon juice. Shape FF Greek yogurt

Afternoon: orange

Dinner: Whole wheat wrap with grilled chicken, shredded carrot, tomato, 1/2 avocado, rocket w/ a pesto/yogurt sauce

evening: cashews and an apple

:)

Today for me:

brekkie: ready brek with frozen mixed berries - 200cal
snack: chocolate - 200cal
Lunch: green salad (lettuce, cucumber, fresh mint, spring onions, low fat dressing) with 1tsp guacamole, houmous and 2 small slices bread (small loaf, thin slice). Conference pear = 300cal
Dinner: other half of shepherds pie (made with quorn & butternut squash mash so low calorie) - 250cal.

Total = 950 cal plus any snack e.g. apple/sugar free jelly etc.

Exercise= callenetics 1hr dvd workout. Minimum 300cal.

Heh yeah I was born the year it came out! But I heard on here actually (fitness/exercise forum) how good it was so I figured I'd get it and see. Did 3rd one yesterday, it's a really good workout! Do you still do the callenetics, icey?

That's good Ellie! I didn't think you were in maintenance, I thought you were still trying to lose!! :)

I had two callenetics videos. She was a strange woman.

Well FT, I am still trying to lose... Sorry, *losing* weight, but I just thought I'd input what I'm having to here anyway because for me it's a completely workable healthy way of eating. I just thought it might help people who were looking for maintenance ideas from LL... Even though you need more cals than that to maintain, adding calories to what I'm eating I'm sure wouldn't be a problem..
*digs hole*

Hi,
yes still do callanetics every now and again. I have the attention span of a gnat, so I have a pile of DVD's and every now and again the callanetics one works its way back up to the top. I like it, didn't know she had ever done more than 1 though, that's news.

I open to all suggestions for maintaining, suspect there will be calorie counting involved somewhere, so thanks for posting.

OK. Last night, I re discovered....

MARMITE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for reminding me of it's existance BL. OH has it nearly every day but I'd become so used to no toast it went out the window! I dribbled a bit down a piece of celery and put some extra light Philly on the top. I could have fallen over. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

hheheh cool FT! I LURVE Marmite!!! :D

TOdays fare:

brekkie: Porridge with blueberries and blackberries. (Pink porrideg!! LOL)

snack: apple,

Lunch: Wrap with quorn, avocado, lettuce, tomatos with pesto yogurt sauce
lemon yogurt
apple

snack: orange, few peices of celebrations chocolate

dinner: green salad and jacket stuffed with corn-kidney bean-celery-olive salad, chicken and chedder cheese

later: Yogurt and mango

Are your wraps wholemeal tortillas? I have some of those in the freezer.

I must admit it's the carbs that I'm really scared of. I haven't touched bread yet although I can since Sunday, I had a tablespoon of wild rice the other night and one of OH's potatoes tonight but that's about it. This is my week 3 of 4 LLLRTMs so in 10 days time I'm back in the real world. Do you think I should work on the carbs a bit?

Foxtrot : I go by the principle "Just because I can, doesn't mean I should". Go at your own pace - if you don't want anything extra in your meals then don't have it! :) I'm doing the Lite RTM extremely slowly, in week 2 at the moment, but I'm not taking anything for granted...

I don't feel 4 weeks is quite long enough to be honest... 12 weeks is TOO long in some ways though... 8 week RTM would be perfect. Ugh. >.< For both, Lite and abstinence.

Hi FT - yes, I use whole wheat wraps generally. :)

I don;t know about LLL RTM, so not sure when you can start adding carbs. :)

Go at it slow - and watch out for bread! It really set my body off. Wraps and pita breads seem to have little to no effect, but I have to pace myself with actual bread. Only have it now and then, and more then then now. :)

xx

I am gathering my own pace as I'm letting the LL go. It's quite interesting! I had a salad out the other day and it had olives in it. I luuurrvve olives and today, whilst shopping, I nearly went and bought some. But I didn't. I can live with those being treats if they turn up for the moment. I don't need them in the fridge yet!! OH was very proud of me. :)

Your bread issue sounds exactly the same as mine BL. I've been really good with holding off the real bread but tonight, it's a wrap!!!! :D:D

Yesterdays menu

Breakfast: Porridge, blueberries

Lunch: Apple, peach

Snack: SB's Butternut Squash soup

DInner: Courgette Fritatta, green salad, corn salad

SnacK: yogurt, cottage cheese, pomegranates/strawberrys/banana

(are these useful still FT? Don;t want to bore you. Its kind of helpfeul fo rme to be noting again waht I have....but I don;t want to go on if you have the info you needed. :))

Foxtrot : I go by the principle "Just because I can, doesn't mean I should".

Absolutely. Along with "I've had some...I don't need any more". That's the great thing when you finish the diet and decide you don't want to diet again...just eat moderately, it leaves plenty of 'other days' to eat again :)

If I'm tempted to eat too much of the less nutritious food, then something else is going on and I need to examine what it is.

Did you know that the first 2 bites of anything are the most powerful. That's the amount that will have the strongest flavour. If you aren't hungry, anything after two bites is excess :D.

So why 2 bites? Well, think it's to do with the taste buds being very receptive to make sure you aren't poisoning yourself LOL. Then the taste buds calm a little.

Clever eh.

Back